Possible Jordan-Hare Upgrades.

LoganAU

I've heard of Auburn adding something to one of the endzones. Does anyone know of anything that might come to Jordan-Hare stadium?

Nothing but rumors. It won't happen anytime soon because:

1) AU said they need to solve parking issues first

2) AU just decided to spend $90M on a new Arena - we probably don't have the $ for the stadium

Was at a family gathering last night, got to talking with someone that works at facilities. All he said was that expansion has been looked at, specifically the north endzone, but that the BB arena is first and it will be awhile before JHS is expanded. Take it for what it's worht! :)

I've heard of Auburn adding something to one of the endzones. Does anyone know of anything that might come to Jordan-Hare stadium?

Yup...a new basketball arena. :lol:

:au::homer:

I can tell you that there will be a new "jumbotron" in the south endzone replacing the existing one. It will be the size of the existing board plus the ad spaces. Within the next 2 to 3 years they are going to be adding seating in the north endzone. It is not known the extent of the seating expansion, as details of the design are not set. Could be some boxes with upper deck seating above?? This is info from athletic facilities personnel.

Why would we spend money on basketball !!!!!!!!. The number 1 priority should be football. The basketball team is not very good, and will not be with the coach that the have. We try to be a basketball school every 10 years, but we are a football school. We have a chance to take this state over in football, and that is the most important thing. If we can win the football battle we will not care what a basketball is. The team that is trying to be a baketball school is ALABAMA, because for the first time they are second in the state. We need to keep FOOTBALL as the most important thing, because OUR time has come!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't figure out what they spent all that money on in the first place.They replaced the troughs in the men's bathrooms with urinals decreasing the numbers that can go.

Why would we spend money on basketball !!!!!!!!. The number 1 priority should be football. The basketball team is not very good, and will not be with the coach that the have. We try to be a basketball school every 10 years, but we are a football school. We have a chance to take this state over in football, and that is the most important thing. If we can win the football battle we will not care what a basketball is. The team that is trying to be a baketball school is ALABAMA, because for the first time they are second in the state. We need to keep FOOTBALL as the most important thing, because OUR time has come!!!!!!!!!!!

You probably didn't like it when women got to vote did you...

Using that money to expand our football stadium helps out our football program how?? More fans... ok... but that doesn't help out the program. The basketball program needs help - they need the money a lot more than the football program does. I know football is the biggest program in this state, but that doesn't mean that it is the only thing that matters to everyone.

I like women but do you???? Football is the most important thing that we have. If you wish to become a basketball school try NC, but do me a favor and ask them about their football.

I wish they would update the bathrooms on the west upper deck! There is no ventilation in them at all and they STINK all the time!!!! There are a lot of them, but no fans, windows that could be open, nothing. It is disgusting how bad they smell! Concession stands are too small and outdated as well. We have to pay extra for our tickets just like those in the lower level, why can't they remodel up there? <_<

I don't know about the rest of yall but i'd like to win a national championship in any sport that an Auburn Tiger steps on the field/court or jumps in a pool. So far everyone of our sports seem to be competetive except bball. It might be an observation but they are also the ones with the worst complex to play in. With a new arena we would attract better recruits and staff then we will be competetive in bball also.

Can't believe new upgrades are coming so soon. The entire campus is under heavy construction and I wish they would take it easy for a while.. but oh well.

I can tell you that there will be a new "jumbotron" in the south endzone replacing the existing one. It will be the size of the existing board plus the ad spaces. Within the next 2 to 3 years they are going to be adding seating in the north endzone. It is not known the extent of the seating expansion, as details of the design are not set. Could be some boxes with upper deck seating above?? This is info from athletic facilities personnel.

How did you find this out. Is it on a website?

Someone mentioned that it has been confirmed. Here is a site of what possible upgrades would be.

http://www.troyfbcadult2.com/AUBURN_STADIUM_UPGRADES.html

well not to pour water on this but these suck. Could be any stadium anywhere. This looks to be some

exercise for a junior architect or just samples. The upper decks will need to connect . Auburn has looked at other stadiums in the past, Clemson, South Carolina, Georgia mostly to see what not to do. The stadium in Tuscalooser has many what not to do examples. There will be an addition but in the 7-10 year range at the earliest.The planning is always in process to some degree. The current completed upgrades bring the entire facility up to a level that nothing will be overlooked. The next step will be scoreboards and seats. Skyboxes will be a big feature. Didn't :au: sell like 65,000 season books this year? may have been more than that.

Someone mentioned that it has been confirmed. Here is a site of what possible upgrades would be.

If we ever did it, I would hope it looks better than the mess they just did at alabama.

The fans there hate the addition and are complaining about it.

How did you find this out. Is it on a website?

Suffice it to say I know people. Whether these "plans" stay intact is beyond me, but I was pretty much told the jumbotron is a done deal for next year. The seating upgrades were not talked about in concrete terms as the jumbotron. It sounded liek the jumbotron was a go, but seating upgrades were not so much.

Hudge, that is about the dumbest statement I have ever heard. Auburn NEEDS to pay attention to basketball more. What is wrong with Auburn being a powerhouse in Football and Basketball? Nothing, in fact it would only enhane our name, t.v. contracts, enrollment, and reputation. Your opinion that Auburn is a football school and nothing else matters is atrocious. I love evrything about Auburn. I want to see Auburn become a power in every sport. We may not get there, but if we don't make the attempt then we surely never will. Auburn football has not always been what it is today, but the university and fans spent the money and poured their hearts into football and made it great. The same can and should be be done for basketball.

well not to pour water on this but these suck. Could be any stadium anywhere. This looks to be some

exercise for a junior architect or just samples. The upper decks will need to connect . Auburn has looked at other stadiums in the past, Clemson, South Carolina, Georgia mostly to see what not to do. The stadium in Tuscalooser has many what not to do examples. There will be an addition but in the 7-10 year range at the earliest.The planning is always in process to some degree. The current completed upgrades bring the entire facility up to a level that nothing will be overlooked. The next step will be scoreboards and seats. Skyboxes will be a big feature. Didn't :au: sell like 65,000 season books this year? may have been more than that.

the upper decks don't need to connect. Bama couldn't connect theres because they had two different heights. We may have the same problem. Also, how are those examples of what not to do? What is wrong with those?

75,000 Season Books were sold. Tigers Unlimited had to turn people away

I wish they would update the bathrooms on the west upper deck! There is no ventilation in them at all and they STINK all the time!!!! There are a lot of them, but no fans, windows that could be open, nothing. It is disgusting how bad they smell! Concession stands are too small and outdated as well. We have to pay extra for our tickets just like those in the lower level, why can't they remodel up there? <_<

Ditto the east upper deck! We have bathrooms with standing water in them as soon as the first person turns the water on in a sink! We also don't have the same concessions available as the lower concourses. There's no broadcast of the game in our concourse like the lower ones, either. And we also pay just as much for our tickets! How about some parity for us poor schmucks who keep paying higher ticket prices, not to mention Tigers Unlimited goes up every year?

at the tigerwalk i noticed a huge crack in the concrete on the southwest upperdeck edge... dont really know how to explain it.... but it didnt look good.. down right scary....

Archived