CBS Sportsline says an 11-1 Auburn not a lock for BCS

CarolinaTiger

The BCS bowl lineup became clearer: Tennessee's loss to LSU made it less likely that the SEC is going to snag a second BCS berth. There are three one-loss SEC teams left -- Florida, Arkansas and Auburn.

Strike two off the list as second BCS teams. One of those will win the SEC and play in the Sugar Bowl. The loser would be eliminated from a BCS bowl with a second loss (at least).

The best-case scenario for the league is for Arkansas to win out and play in the SEC title game. Then for Auburn to finish second in the SEC West and wind up 11-1. Then it most likely becomes a pick 'em for the Orange Bowl between the Tigers and West Virginia.

Florida clinched the SEC East for the first time since 2000 by beating Vanderbilt. Arkansas moved a step closer to clinching the SEC West by defeating South Carolina.

Projecting the BCS bowls four weeks out:

BCS title game: Ohio State vs. Louisville.

Fiesta Bowl: Texas vs. Boise State.

Rose Bowl: Michigan vs. USC.

Sugar Bowl: Florida vs. Notre Dame.

Orange Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. West Virginia or Auburn.

CBS Sportsline

Unfortunatley, it sounds about right. Or if UF beats Arky - b/c they would 2 losses at that point, I don't see them being ranked above us. I'd hate for the SECCg loss to count against anyone b/c not all teams have a CG, but thats the way it goes.

I already have no respect for the BCS, but if Louisville goes to the MNC game, I will never ever have any respect whatsoever for it.

They are a perfect example of why the SEC should not have to schedule hard OOC games. They play in a powder puff conference. To even speak of them going to the MNC game is a joke.

I'm still wondering why Boise St. is going to get a shot at a BCS bowl? What conference are they in? The MWC, the WAC, the Pac-1? All the same. Saying they deserve to be in a BCS bowl is saying they're one of the 10 best teams in the country? The best team they've played: Oregon State. Other than that they have played nobody and if you are one of the top 10 teams in the nation I would hope you could beat 1-7 Fresno St. by more than 3 scores, especially at home on that "magical" blue turf. I'm getting very close to not watching any college football besides the Tigers. My two cents.

IMO, it's silly to call teams like Boise State Division 1-A w/o giving them any shot at a BCS game. Otherwise, they're stuck in a no-man's-land where an unbeaten season gets nothing but shrugged shoulders. That shouldn't happen at any level of college football.

I already have no respect for the BCS, but if Louisville goes to the MNC game, I will never ever have any respect whatsoever for it.

They are a perfect example of why the SEC should not have to schedule hard OOC games. They play in a powder puff conference. To even speak of them going to the MNC game is a joke.

Amen, if UL goes to the MNC they will get hammered by whomever they play especially if it is OSU. They have played all of 2 teams worth a s*it this season and as Miami's season goes on they aren't worth squat. I don't understand how thier SOS is better than ours according to the bullCS

L'ville gets beat by Rutgers on Thursday night. So they will not be there, then the argument steam rolls about the loser of the OSU/UM regular season game and where they finish in rankings, blah blah blah.

Look at it this way. IF (and that's a big if, in my opinion) Louisville does get into the National Championship game, they will be hammered and it will be a huge embarassment to the BCS. That's always a plus.

I just don't see how ND, BS, or WV get an at large bid over us. We are #6 in the BCS right now and ahead of all 3 of those teams. Isn't there a rule that ifyou are #6 or higher you get an automatic bid? And what would get them a bid over us anyway? I would think they at large bids would be decided by who is ranked highest. It would be a crime for the big east to get 2 teams in and not the SEC... :no:

I just don't see how ND, BS, or WV get an at large bid over us. We are #6 in the BCS right now and ahead of all 3 of those teams. Isn't there a rule that ifyou are #6 or higher you get an automatic bid? And what would get them a bid over us anyway? I would think they at large bids would be decided by who is ranked highest. It would be a crime for the big east to get 2 teams in and not the SEC... :no:

Usc and ND play each other, so the winner of that game will almost definately leapfrog us in the bcs. We play two nonranked (6-4) teams. That's not going to do anything to help. Noone outside the SEC knows how big these next two games are for us, but to hear everyone say that Louisville hasn't played anyone, what do you think people say about our next two games. I'm just saying that people outside of the SEC see our next two games as games against two 6-4 teams that we should blow out. Now, we all know how likely "blow-outs' will be. Just saying, gotta look at it from diff sides sometimes to understand where people come from.

WDE :au::thumbsup:

Methinks it's too early for alot of this talk!!! USC still hac Cal and ND to play. Louisville has Rutgers. The gurus at CBS are making ALOT of assumptions!!!! Right now, I'll take the SEC West team to beat UF in the SECCG.

IMO, it's silly to call teams like Boise State Division 1-A w/o giving them any shot at a BCS game. Otherwise, they're stuck in a no-man's-land where an unbeaten season gets nothing but shrugged shoulders. That shouldn't happen at any level of college football.

i.e., We need a playoff!

:au::homer:

I feel pretty confident that if AU wins out, we make it to that bowl due to our fan base being a better draw for the bowl than WVU's, although I'd rather have us play Notre Dame or USC, Georgia Tech would still be a good opponent, although I sure do hope the outcome of it will be different then the last 2 times we played.

So does everyone assume that Louisville will run the table now? I'm personally hoping that Louisville loses to Rutgers, then WV beats Rutgers and all those Big East teams have one loss.

I think if WV is Big East Champs and Louisville has a loss, Auburn is pretty likely to get that extra BCS bid (of course I'm also still hoping that Arky loses twice and we can go to the SECCG and lay a paddle across Florida's backside and either go to teh MNC game or the Sugar Bowl Baby!)

Like I said before, I'm still hoping for an SEC championship, but if that doesn't happen, I would love Auburn to lay a beat-down on the ACC champs in the Orange Bowl so I could talk a little smack here in my mid-Atlantic home.

i.e., We need a playoff!

This is of course correct. 16 team bracket, that takes care of the top 15 bowl games. I don't see how anyoe loses and that counts $ for networks and schools.

You could make an argument that midterms make it impossible. Seems the pros handle logistics and travel, there's big bucks out there to back it. There is a dead month here. Make it eight teams thats only three extra games for the two finalists.

The BCS bowl lineup became clearer: Tennessee's loss to LSU made it less likely that the SEC is going to snag a second BCS berth. There are three one-loss SEC teams left -- Florida, Arkansas and Auburn.

Strike two off the list as second BCS teams. One of those will win the SEC and play in the Sugar Bowl. The loser would be eliminated from a BCS bowl with a second loss (at least).

The best-case scenario for the league is for Arkansas to win out and play in the SEC title game. Then for Auburn to finish second in the SEC West and wind up 11-1. Then it most likely becomes a pick 'em for the Orange Bowl between the Tigers and West Virginia.

Florida clinched the SEC East for the first time since 2000 by beating Vanderbilt. Arkansas moved a step closer to clinching the SEC West by defeating South Carolina.

Projecting the BCS bowls four weeks out:

CBS Sportsline

Does anyone else think that GA Tech is a little over-rated? Or is that just me?

The above assumes USC beats Cal, wins the PAC 10 but loses to ND for their 2nd loss or a 2 loss ND team get a BCS bowl with multiple 1 loss teams fighting over the scraps. :thumbsdown:

We need a playoff! :angry:

Im not so sure WVU wont lose 2 more....

They still have Rutgers, and Pittsburgh (ATL's upset special) and i wouldnt be suprised if they lost both of those games-especially is slatons fumbles 283299495 times again.

Archived