Iron Bowl Predictions

WinCrimson

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't pick a score on this if I could. First off it's the Iron Bowl and there is just no way to know. Secondly who knows which teams show up? (on either side)

I wouldn't pick a score on this if I could. First off it's the Iron Bowl and there is just no way to know. Secondly who knows which teams show up? (on either side)

Think about the FOOLS that are going to bet on it. There will be very few people from this state laying money on this one.

Think about the FOOLS that are going to bet on it. There will be very few people from this state laying money on this one.

I have NEVER understood the thinking in doing so. Laying a football bet down is very common for me, in fact it is part of my yearly budgeted entertainment fund but to put one on this game is just outright blind homerism.

Of course everyone is worried after our poor showing against UGA, but I still think we win it, in a close one.

:au: -17: One rushing TD, one recieving TD, one FG

:ua: -16: One long play for a TD and three FGs when they are in the red zone

There will be much cussing, gnashing of my teeth, and throwing of my hat, but we pull it out.

I have NEVER understood the thinking in doing so. Laying a football bet down is very common for me, in fact it is part of my yearly budgeted entertainment fund but to put one on this game is just outright blind homerism.

Yeah. I'm kinda expecting to be on the losing end Saturday, but there's no way that I'd chance $$$ by putting on you guys. The -3.5 line is probably right where it should be, but this thing could definitely go Alabama's way.

Saturday can't get here soon enough!

I will not predict a score in an Auburn game. However, it will be great to watch the moveable object i.e. Auburn's defense going up against the resistable force in Bama's red zone offense to see what really happens.

I will not predict a score in an Auburn game. However, it will be great to watch the moveable object i.e. Auburn's defense going up against the resistable force in Bama's red zone offense to see what really happens.

Now thats funny!

well, I refuse to predict a score or a winner for this game. However, I will say that I would like for us to win say around 70-3... That being said... I refuse to predict the winner here because it could go either way....I also refuse to pick a winner until they change the name of the game. The name they have for it just doesn't make sense any more since it isn't in bamaham. I haven't referred to it by that name since it left bamaham and I won't start now. It's a game between Auburn and SPUAT. That's what it is... It's not a bowl game, and never has been, although if UAT loses it this year, it may be the closest they get to one.... :lol: Agree/disagree but that's how I feel about it.

That said... Bring on SPUAT... I have no doubt we will be ready to play....and I hope (win or lose) that we play hard, and that we are prepared.... and (win or lose) that SPUAT has our rent check ready. We shouldn't have to be kept waiting...

This !(%$!*#@%$& thread should be locked and then deleted. In fact, if anybody has a time machine, I wish they'd use it to go back and make sure this stupid thing didn't even make it to the board.

WOW ever try just breathing? 31-20

UAT misses a 2 point conversion

It's interesting that if you look at the bammer boards, their predictions are almost identical to the ones in this thread...except in favor of the bad guys.

My point? EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS GAME IS GONNA BE A BATTLE!

I havent decided on a score yet. All I have to say is...fear the 3 named quarterback.

#1 Please list here the reson/reasons to "fear" anything uat has on the roster. B)

#2 Have you EATEN that hat yet? :poke::lol::roflol:

#1 Please list here the reson/reasons to "fear" anything uat has on the roster.

#2 Have you EATEN that hat yet?

#1 Would you like me to list JPW performance vs Cox performance against common opponents?

#2...no...i realized i dont have any edible hats

#1 Please list here the reson/reasons to "fear" anything uat has on the roster.

#2 Have you EATEN that hat yet?

#1 Would you like me to list JPW performance vs Cox performance against common opponents?

#2...no...i realized i dont have any edible hats

Yes please do, along with the resulting game scores.

Nevermind...I guess matthew stafford and mitch mustain are the only two QBs in the league better than Cox. Because we ALL know that winning the game is the only measure for how good your QB is.

But for the season:

BC - 1950 Yards/9INT/12 TD

JPW - 2250 Yards/8INT/14 TD

Nevermind...I guess matthew stafford and mitch mustain are the only two QBs in the league better than Cox. Because we ALL know that winning the game is the only measure for how good your QB is.

While I do agree that JPW is throwing the ball better than Cox, think about what you just said for a minute please. Then ask Jay Barker how true that statement is...

While I do agree that JPW is throwing the ball better than Cox, think about what you just said for a minute please. Then ask Jay Barker how true that statement is...

Jay Barker wasnt a better QB than JPW. Im sorry he wasnt. Winning the game isnt the only measure of a good QB. He had a GREAT defense and tons of weapons at RB.

Otherwise Mitch Mustain is a better QB than Cox, Ainge, JPW.

Jay Barker wasnt a better QB than JPW. Im sorry he wasnt. Winning the game isnt the only measure of a good QB. He had a GREAT defense and tons of weapons at RB.

Well, we all realize that each successive generation of Alabama QB is the best QB ever in history. But what else have you got?

Otherwise Mitch Mustain is a better QB than Cox, Ainge, JPW.

I'm simply referring to the fact that Barker is the 3rd most popular QB to ever play there at least with the fans, and he wasn't a great throwing QB at all IMO. Of course, neither was one guy ahead of him on that list.

In watching the LSU/bama and MSU/bama games it seemed the LSU adn MSU DLs gave the bama OL some problems. Is the RT going to play?? I saw he got hurt against LSU, how is he?? This will be key as always. And vice versa...the AU OL has got to show up and protect Cox and run block like never before!! The bama DL has not been impressive all year. OF course, with the way this year has gone......the reverse will happen! Who knows!!

What does worry me is the bama secondary. They have been EXTREMELY good at picking off passes this year. But, Russell at LSU shredded them?? It is to AUs advantage that Brown will not play. That helps out our secondary. Is Brock going to be back for Saturday??

Capps will probably be back for saturday. Caldwell definitely will be. Our Oline played its best game of the year this past saturday. I dont know where they were for the MSU game.

Capps will probably be back for saturday. Caldwell definitely will be. Our Oline played its best game of the year this past saturday. I dont know where they were for the MSU game.

Same place our D went for :uga: ?

Predictions:

Optimistic: 24-10 :au:

Pessimistic: 20-14 :ua:

Realistic: 17-16 :au:

Capps will be back? Dammit!

You don't happen to think that our best o-line performance of the year was due to him not being in the lineup do ya? Nah... ;)

Archived