Iron Bowl Predictions

WinCrimson

Honestly, you'd have to be a fool to bet on this game regardless of what the spread is going to be. These two teams can look great, average, and flat out bad on any given day. The only question is which team will show up.

If Bama gets an early INT or touchdown: :ua: 24-14

If Auburn utilizes Lester as a reciever, wears Bama out in the flats: :au: 27-13

What will probably happen: :au: 24-21

I see AU getting a late punch in the 4th that we won't be able to answer. Regardless of what happens, this is going to be a great game. Good luck to AU and its fans making the trip to T-Town. Roll Tide!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe i'm the only one, but i really am not comfortable with trying to make a prediction for this game after saturday. for the first time since i've attended auburn, i won't be expecting anything but a good game. :au:

Bama over Auburn. Maybe 28-21.

Like I said last week when I made the pick UGA over Auburn, this team has shown little as of late, and absolutely nothing yesterday. Bama trying to stop the THUMB and Auburn doesn't play with fire, emotion, nothing. Not hard to pick on this one.

maybe i'm the only one, but i really am not comfortable with trying to make a prediction for this game after saturday. for the first time since i've attended auburn, i won't be expecting anything but a good game. :au:

Your not the only one. I was not comfortable before this past Saturdays game. Both UGA and Bama have nothing to lose. Beating AU makes thier seasons a little more bearable. We have lost all emotion all season long after LSU, I can't expalin why, but it sure seams that way.

This !(%$!*#@%$& thread should be locked and then deleted. In fact, if anybody has a time machine, I wish they'd use it to go back and make sure this stupid thing didn't even make it to the board.

But since it's not locked, or deleted, I'll say AU 18, Bamar 17.

:au::homer:

Bama 14 AU 10 AU has not scored over 20 points since I dont know when.

Bama 14 AU 10 AU has not scored over 20 points since I dont know when.

don't want much football, huh? We scored over 20 for 4 straight weeks until yesterday.

Alabama leads 17-15 in the waning moments. On 3rd and 4, and needing a first down to ice the clock and win the game, John Parker Wilson throws a screen to McLain who coughs it up and Aaron Savage recovers. Five plays later, John Vaughn bangs in the game-winning field goal and it's 1997 all over again - Tigers 18, Tide 17

AU - 26

Bama - 20

I don't think AU's D is as bad as last weekend

I don't think Bama's team will roll over

I don't think Shula can beat Tubs with this year's team

I do think Cox will have a solid game

I do think JPW will have a solid game

I do think AU sticks to the running game a LOT this weekend

This will clearly be a battle to see who has the worst red zone offense. Bama is weak as water, and we have been in a month-long tailspin. This may be a CLOSE game. With Cox, Irons, Dede, Bennett, Cope all seriously banged up I think this could go either way. The 3.5 pt. line on this game should probably be 1pt.

I'm looking forward to seeing Lester and Tate in the backfield next year with some doggone trickeration and strategory from CAB! :cheer:

AU - 26

Bama - 20

I don't think AU's D is as bad as last weekend

I don't think Bama's team will roll over

I don't think Shula can beat Tubs with this year's team

I do think Cox will have a solid game

I do think JPW will have a solid game

I do think AU sticks to the running game a LOT this weekend

I agree completely. I dont see bama being able to compete with AU in the long run. AU has to strong of a running game, and bama has no D-line. Kenny Irons has a big day, 150 yds on the ground. AU 21 Bama 12 (Christianson is good for 4 field goals)

My guess is Auburn 6 - SPUAT 3. Three field goals. And I'm betting on Auburn only because our kicker is better than their kicker, usually.

:au: 27

:ua: 16

Auburn finally has a complete game! 200 yards rushing, 225 yards passing. Kenny and Brad split the majority of the yards, with Courtney geting a big day from the end around and a couple of big receptions.

Archived