Cox questionable??

The3rdIronsBrother

Just saw the Auburn Review with Coach Tubb and during the discussion of the hit taken by Cox, afterwhich he grabs his injured knee, CTT made a quick comment about him being questionable this week. I know you never know until you see how the player feels but does anybody have any inside info or opinion? Seems to me that most of the mistakes against UGA from Cox resulted from that sore leg but at the same time do we really have any other option in QB than an injured BC...especially THIS week??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah guess i kinda set myself up for that one. im fully aware that there are options...just not very realistic or favorable ones. and i realize that its really pointless to even worry about it unless it happens but with all the nagging injuries this season and the beating cox has taken throughout the year it just scares me everytime i see him go down on that leg. wish him and the entire team the best and have no doubts we'll be fine. war eagle.

I saw that as well about him being questionable. I'm sure our gameplan will be to run the ball and play great defense. Maybe we will execute.

If we run the ball and play great defense, we win in walk! Here's to hoping we even try that philosophy....

:au::homer:

I just hope we can give Bama the Short Playing Field and Sack 3 names about 4 or 5 times in a row and go up 21-0 in the first quarter................Wait that was last Year...WEll lets do the same :)

I saw that as well about him being questionable. I'm sure our gameplan will be to run the ball and play great defense. Maybe we will execute.

If we run the ball and play great defense, we win in walk! Here's to hoping we even try that philosophy....

:au::homer:

Besides the 2nd half of the Florida game, when have we played great defense within the past 6 weeks?

didn't we throw a shutout two weeks ago? must've been my imagination.

Come on. Against Arkansas State? Give me a break. We SHOULD shut out Arkansas State and Tulane and Buffalo too.

I'm just curious. But why doesn't CTT use Kenny and Lester in at the same time like he use to with Ronnie and Caddy. Granted they are no Ronnie and Caddy, but they might have been had he use the same run scheme... I remember in 04 when we threw them both in there and play around with so many misdirections and a better blocking scheme. We don't do that at all this season. We have 1 running back in there at a time and when they do take the hand off it's just the same ole running plays as you always see. Honestly I think Coach Nutt may have been the guy that stole CTT's laptop (being sarcastic of course) but does anyone notice how Arkansas running attacking and gameplan look exactly like our 04's team??? I think ole Nutt was studying our o4 season in the preseason this year.

To answer your question: there is always an option, but we do not have much of one to bank on

Unlike our resident Mr. Negativity. I have full confidence in whoever puts on that white jersey think weekend in tuscaloosa. I will always stand behind the decisions that are made and support the players that wear the Auburn uniform. I get so sick and tired of the negativity of certain posters here. Instead of bashing the players and saying how we have nothing if Cox doesn't play, why not try to actually SUPPORT THE PLAYERS. It doesn't matter who plays QB for Auburn saturday. I will be screaming and yelling at the TV cheering on our players, just like i do EVERY time they play. WAR EAGLE!!!!! to the Auburn fans here.

I hope Cox recovers to 100% this week.

I know, however, that sometimes a group of kids can get into a "routine" and it sometimes takes facing some adversity to make them break out of it or "bust through the wall." Maybe this bad thing (if Cox is not able to play) could turn into a good thing by making the team step up, or at least making them play with more emotion.

We shall see.

Maybe Tre Smith will come to our rescue again in West Vance.

I don't know about that PT, the only time he tried to throw a pass this year he got sacked too.

:big:

But he rises to the challenge when it's bama.

You know.... Tre Smith has stuck with Auburn for these 4-5 years.. I would really like to see him get to play a little bit more in these last 2 games. He has played any position the coaches have asked out of him. I know he got his big game against Florida with the TD off the blocked punt, but I want to see him get the chance to run the ball one more time. :-/ I dunno.. maybe its not a great idea, but I sure would like to see it.

You know.... Tre Smith has stuck with Auburn for these 4-5 years.. I would really like to see him get to play a little bit more in these last 2 games. He has played any position the coaches have asked out of him. I know he got his big game against Florida with the TD off the blocked punt, but I want to see him get the chance to run the ball one more time. :-/ I dunno.. maybe its not a great idea, but I sure would like to see it.

He was put back in on punt returns on Saturday...at least for the ONE punt the defense set up.

TUbs would throw him in even if he had a full body cast on...who needs Blake?? :no:

We don't need Cox, we can just play all three of our RBs, no defense on earth can play Kenny, Brad, and Ben for a full 60 minutes straight. :big:

with our underachieving line??

if brandon cant go, then we'll just have to rally behind field, but i sure hope brandon gets a shot and can be healthy. since hes been getting bashed on all season for a bad game here or there. last week it wasnt one of his best performances, but hes better than what we are saying he is. hope he gets a shot to gain all these cox haters respect against the rammer pajammers at bammer saturday

Im wondering if Brandon's poor play has anything to do with the timing/dosing of his medicine for MG. Normally MG affects people worse at night, but Brandon seems like a different QB in the morning games. See Wisconsin, Arkansas, Georgia.

Im wondering if Brandon's poor play has anything to do with the timing/dosing of his medicine for MG. Normally MG affects people worse at night, but Brandon seems like a different QB in the morning games. See Wisconsin, Arkansas, Georgia.

Interesting observation.

no, please no.

if brandon cant go, then we'll just have to rally behind field, but i sure hope brandon gets a shot and can be healthy. since hes been getting bashed on all season for a bad game here or there. last week it wasnt one of his best performances, but hes better than what we are saying he is. hope he gets a shot to gain all these cox haters respect against the rammer pajammers at bammer saturday

I am not mad at Cox, I am sure he is doing his best, but I think Fields could do better.What really upsets me is that the coaches do not ever consider putting a better equiped QB in. Why do they waste scholarships on them if they refuse to use them?! We have the most stubborn coaching staff in the conference I have noticed. For another example see Georgia Tech last year. Everybody and their cousin knew Kenny should have been the rb but they made up a bs excuse to put tre in and stuck with it for far too long. Does anyone think Cox would have actually been pulled if he threw a fifth interception, a 6th, a 7th, etc? If he is having a bad day, use the backup. That is what they have spent all year training for. And since they know less of the playbook, the game plans tend to simplify with backups, which usually is for the better.

Archived