For the Alumni here...Or those who sit in the alumni section

KunzelTiger

What time Wednesday? Early works better for me. Like 3:30 -4:30 timeframe.

I am wrapped up all week, so next week would be better for me. Just throwin' that out there...

Guest Tigrinum Major

Next week is Thanksgiving, full of Momma's cooking and basketball tourneys.

I think we need another early December OFFICIAL get together.

I'm not a student, not at Auburn anyway, but as a whole I definately hate the student section. Yeah, there's loud, and that's great, but their spoiler and their jerks that don't know how good they've got it. Most of them are basically bama fans in orange and blue. You don't yell SUCKS when they're introducing the team, all it does is give them more reason to want to beat us, and makesyou look ignorant after theyjust wooped us.

Wow........I'm not sure what you're saying but it seems as though you hate the student section (hard to decipher through horrible grammar)

I'm sick of the grumpy alum or those who pretend to be alum badmouthing the student section because we don't act like them. Since when in the history of time have the young behaved in a way that ultimately pleased the elders? Those who criticize need to get over themselves and enjoy the atmosphere that we create. Case in point, pay attention next time there is an orange/blue cheer and see who is the loudest.

I'm not a student, not at Auburn anyway, but as a whole I definately hate the student section. Yeah, there's loud, and that's great, but their spoiler and their jerks that don't know how good they've got it. Most of them are basically bama fans in orange and blue. You don't yell SUCKS when they're introducing the team, all it does is give them more reason to want to beat us, and makesyou look ignorant after theyjust wooped us.

If you weren't an Auburn student I really do not believe you have any ground to complain about the student section.

Why is it that you guys don't show up to the stadium until 45 mins before kickoff...the students are there atleast 3 (if not more) hours before....

Oh? I don't recall that. I recall the student section not filling up until close to game time or after kickoff, certainly not three hours early.

Also why does it look like you're never standing up?

We stand up during the defensive tackles, touchdowns, great plays.

The students stand almost the whole game.

No, you students stand on the bleacher seats, which makes it twice as hard to see through your rear end stuck in my face.

I don't get it..why can't you be real fans like us students...

If you are real fans, I'm glad I'm not. (Sorry, but I spent two seasons in the student section. Seats from hell!) :puke:

One big difference between the two sections is we're not stupid enough wear kakhi pants, a white button down, a tie and a blue blazer and stand in the sun all day while it's ....

130 FRICKIN' DEGREES. :moon::lol:

One big difference between the two sections is we're not stupid enough wear kakhi pants, a white button down, a tie and a blue blazer and stand in the sun all day while it's ....

Please don't lump non-frat students in that statement.

You should have the good sense to walk down there and slap at least two of them silly. They are your fellow students and you must help them get their lives straight. Anyone who would do this has little chance to make it in the outside world. They are mindless followers who need a wake up call so they can take control of their lives.

This has been a public service announcement from your alumni association. B)

You should have the good sense to walk down there and slap at least two of them silly. They are your fellow students and you must help them get their lives straight. Anyone who would do this has little chance to make it in the outside world. They are mindless followers who need a wake up call so they can take control of their lives.

This has been a public service announcement from your alumni association. B)

Haha, trying to set frat boys' lives straight is a lost cause. What can you say about people that pay for their friends?

one change for graduating students (alumni to be) who will have to move out of the student section and join us alumni, you won't have to stand up to watch the whole game any more!

<satire (kind of)>

Why is it that you guys don't show up to the stadium until 45 mins before kickoff...the students are there atleast 3 (if not more) hours before....Also why does it look like you're never standing up? The students stand almost the whole game. I don't get it..why can't you be real fans like us students...

</satire>

Possibly already stated, but as an old alum, I just don’t have the patience to read all these posts.

Why do you students leave before the game is over ? It makes you look bad. Why can't you be real fans ?

That is all.

Dear Lurking Tiger and Tiger Prophet..you didn't read the whole thread..I spelt it out for those of you who couldn't figure it out on your own...

Hint: this thread was not meant to be answered directly...especially with coy statements or further attacks...

Dear Lurking Tiger and Tiger Prophet..you didn't read the whole thread..I spelt it out for those of you who couldn't figure it out on your own...

Hint: this thread was not meant to be answered directly...especially with coy statements or further attacks...

Hint: Then you shouldn't have posted it.

What did you expect ?

By the way no one attacked you. You got some smart ass remarks, in jest, to your smart ass comments, made in jest.

Lighten up, Francis.

sigh...nevermind...we can just keep wondering why the other is so much different from us...keep arguing about it instead of just letting it go and realizing that we're just in different situations...

(BTW the "Because we hate students" responses were funny)

Addendum: I realize I wasn't being attacked...Because I am not like the students mentioned in other threads...

sigh...nevermind...we can just keep wondering why the other is so much different from us...keep arguing about it instead of just letting it go and realizing that we're just in different situations...

Addendum: I realize I wasn't being attacked...Because I am not like the students mentioned in other threads...

The difference between us is age and experience.

And probably our pay checks.

One day the only difference will be age. And once you get past your mid thirties, that really doesn’t matter anyway.

Kunzel, I thought it was a funny and clever response to the other highjacked student thread. I am an alumnus (I also have children and pay taxes for those who think such things are relevant :rolleyes: ). I believe you are correct in that the frames of reference from which students and alumni generally interpret their experiences, including gamedays, are generally different and thus, at best, difficult for each other to appreciate. I don't agree with all of the student section behavior, but I don't believe all students are ignorant with respect to football, or "bad fans", whatever that means. I appreciate the passion that the students bring to the stadium, and would only ask that they support their classmates who are on the field (on good days and on bad). Some of us alumni could stand to show a little more unconditional support ourselves. War Eagle.

One day the only difference will be age. And once you get past your mid thirties, that really doesn’t matter anyway.

There is way more difference besides just age an experience....

give it a good think and get back to me

Some things to consider...how did you get to the game? I walked...how far did you have to travel? 15 min walks...how much were your tickets? Mine was about $10...what time did you get to the game? I got there at 9...Did you get to tailgate with family and friends? I didn't...Did you have young children there who just like being at the game regardless of the score? I didn't...

We were students once already and stood all the time then, unless you were in the band, they don't stand unless they are brass or drummers. I guess I am used to sitting since I sat in the band. But really, in our section in the upper level (52) we are up and down so much, I don't need to exercise. We yell and do all we can, and I was there at 10:40 on Sat.

I get upset with the people who leave really early, most of the time it is the orange seats that are empty, not the students, unless it isn't an SEC game. Ever notice the parking deck near the stadium, the one reserved for scholarship donors, not ever full.

I wish everyone would get into the games and be loud. It shouldn't be students against Alumni. Like an earlier post, we paved the way for you. A majority of us weren't lucky enough to beat Bama 4 times in a row, heck when I was in school we never beat them, you all have great teams to support. Another thought about students standing, who wants to sit in all that spilled alcohol? Just kidding, from the upper level the whole stadium is pretty loud. So lets all get together and be sure we create a wild atmosphere whether at home or away in T-town!!

There is way more difference besides just age an experience....

give it a good think and get back to me

Some things to consider...how did you get to the game? I walked...how far did you have to travel? 15 min walks...how much were your tickets? Mine was about $10...what time did you get to the game? I got there at 9...Did you get to tailgate with family and friends? I didn't...Did you have young children there who just like being at the game regardless of the score? I didn't...

We started off on the wrong foot here, so I offered you an olive branch.

You don't want it.

You are right, there are way more differences besides age and experience.

Our stadium is not that loud for 87,000 plus people. In fact, the noise level plain stinks much of the time. I have been to Florida and it is deafening. I have been to LSU and it is deafening. I watch other games from around the country and both the alumni and students get into it bigtime. Why can't we do the same? We have 87,000 plus fans and many thousands more who would love to be there. If you don't want to get crazy then stay at home and watch it on t.v. If you want to be in the stadium then get rowdy and go home hoarse and exhausted. The fans are the 12th man and we can influence a game one way or the other. Alot of people have said that our team this year plays with little emotion and that apears to be true, but I would argue that our team feeds off the crowd and if the crowd sucks then what do you expect? I was at Auburn from 99-03 and we complained about the same things then that this discussion is about.

Archived