For the Alumni here...Or those who sit in the alumni section

KunzelTiger

<satire (kind of)>

Why is it that you guys don't show up to the stadium until 45 mins before kickoff...the students are there atleast 3 (if not more) hours before....Also why does it look like you're never standing up? The students stand almost the whole game. I don't get it..why can't you be real fans like us students...

</satire>

Guest Tigrinum Major

We have reserved seats, no need to fight with the frats.

We're old and tired. Many of us are crippled by injuries or age. Standing makes our feet hurt.

We hate students.

<satire (kind of)>

Why is it that you guys don't show up to the stadium until 45 mins before kickoff...the students are there atleast 3 (if not more) hours before....Also why does it look like you're never standing up? The students stand almost the whole game. I don't get it..why can't you be real fans like us students...

</satire>

[even more satirical] I was there an hour before kickoff in section 7 and noticed that the student section was only about half full (the upper half of all sections). That was even after a trip up to the club level for some early lunch...[/whimsical satire]

We're old and tired. Many of us are crippled by injuries or age. Standing makes our feet hurt.

We hate students.

What he said except with this addition......

We hate students, unless they are hot coeds. :big:

<satire (kind of)>

Why is it that you guys don't show up to the stadium until 45 mins before kickoff--we have reserved seats so no real need to get there earlier. It's more fun at a tailgate, especially on the hot Saturdays.

...the students are there atleast 3 (if not more) hours before....good for ya'll. I used to do that to. But why should I now when there are a lot more fun things to do than sit in the stadium all that time.

Also why does it look like you're never standing up?---we have learned you see the same thing sitting down so why get tired standing up the whole time? Kind of like church....you can sing just as well sitting as standing but it seems we stand for a few songs out of habit.

The students stand almost the whole game.--nothing wrong with that, your choice. But what if the person behind you is more comfortable sitting down? Do you consider his wishes? If everybody sits, everyone sees. If some stand other may not see unless you force everyone to stand in order to see.

I don't get it..why can't you be real fans like us students... because we paved the way, made Auburn a better place for you, so it is now your responsibility to pass it on and be the real fans (LMAO with tongue in cheek).

</satire>

Surely there are better things to discuss during IB week that students vs. alumni/fans. But just for fun I have red-lined a couple of comments in the text of your post.

We hate students.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol: WE HATE YOU 2 :big:

Guest Tigrinum Major

We hate students.

As long as we understand each other.

We hate students.

As long as we understand each other.

Let me just say...I feel a lotta love over here today. :big:

My statements were rhetorical...no response necessary line by line because I know the answer. Just realize that there are differences between the two sections and how we behave towards the game. We "sacrifice" some things to go see our team play (getting there way early, not getting to tailgate, etc etc, notice the "" because I know that sacrifice isn't as much as the team gives blah blah blah) and we should be able to react towards our team's performance as we see fit. I'm not going to stand there in the rain and cold while our team just goes through the motions...

We hate students.

The conversation was meant for people who have all of their toes. ;)

<satire (kind of)>

Why is it that you guys don't show up to the stadium until 45 mins before kickoff--we have reserved seats so no real need to get there earlier. It's more fun at a tailgate, especially on the hot Saturdays.

...the students are there atleast 3 (if not more) hours before....good for ya'll. I used to do that to. But why should I now when there are a lot more fun things to do than sit in the stadium all that time.

Also why does it look like you're never standing up?---we have learned you see the same thing sitting down so why get tired standing up the whole time? Kind of like church....you can sing just as well sitting as standing but it seems we stand for a few songs out of habit.

The students stand almost the whole game.--nothing wrong with that, your choice. But what if the person behind you is more comfortable sitting down? Do you consider his wishes? If everybody sits, everyone sees. If some stand other may not see unless you force everyone to stand in order to see.

I don't get it..why can't you be real fans like us students... because we paved the way, made Auburn a better place for you, so it is now your responsibility to pass it on and be the real fans (LMAO with tongue in cheek).

</satire>

Surely there are better things to discuss during IB week that students vs. alumni/fans. But just for fun I have red-lined a couple of comments in the text of your post.

I agree we should be talking about something else, but some posters here are dead set on believing that the student section is made up of a bunch of idiots and unloyal fans. They criticize everything we do in student section, calling us names and stuff but when they themselves are doing it. They call out frats for not getting to the game earlier, yet people in the alumn section do the same thing. Hypocritical? Me think so.

Guest Tigrinum Major

My bad, I'll refrain from now on.

As long as you recuse yourself for those conversations that are meant for people with a brain.

On Tap one day this week?

While understanding that most of the comments were said in jest, a great point is brought up. As a student at AU from 95-99, I thought it stunk that most people sat during the game...while the students NEVER sat. (And believe me, there were no undefeated seasons then...nothing close.......it was Chris Porter and Doc Robinson and the basketball team that was stealing the spotlight back then.) I thought most of our alumni stunk then and I still hold to that now. Now hold on just a second before you go psycho on me. We have a great stadium. We have great fans. We are a family...truly uniquely AUburn. However, allow me to make a quick comparison: we are NOT LSU or Florida. THAT is what alumni cheering during a game looks like! THAT is what we should be striving for when trying to get EVERYONE involved on every snap. If you are older or have a disability, that's understandable.

Quick summary: We have the best student section in the SEC, if not the country. We have a mediocre "rest of the stadium."

While understanding that most of the comments were said in jest, a great point is brought up. As a student at AU from 95-99, I thought it stunk that most people sat during the game...while the students NEVER sat. (And believe me, there were no undefeated seasons then...nothing close.......it was Chris Porter and Doc Robinson and the basketball team that was stealing the spotlight back then.) I thought most of our alumni stunk then and I still hold to that now. Now hold on just a second before you go psycho on me. We have a great stadium. We have great fans. We are a family...truly uniquely AUburn. However, allow me to make a quick comparison: we are NOT LSU or Florida. THAT is what alumni cheering during a game looks like! THAT is what we should be striving for when trying to get EVERYONE involved on every snap. If you are older or have a disability, that's understandable.

Quick summary: We have the best student section in the SEC, if not the country. We have a mediocre "rest of the stadium."

I like it, but Penn St has the best section in the country. They are organized and drunk and rowdy and early, and supportive. I think to a certain degree Auburn students struggle a little because we CARE so mcuh if we win or not. At other schools they really just are there for themselves. It honestly pisses me off when we LOSE (UGA), not when we are beaten (Arky). Also, everyone mentioned on the other thread the 2004 season. Does everyone remember what happened the season before? Do people think that maybe when it is made known that the performance was not up to snuff that it lights a fire under Tubs' ars and makes him perform? I sure as hell do. So, in a way, I think the Alumni hurt the team by saying "Oh well we supprt you no matter what," Do you support your children when they get a bad grade on a test? No, you yell at them and tell them that is not acceptable, but you still love them. Motivation is a funny thing, but coach Tubs has shown that he responds best when he's on the hot seat.

My bad, I'll refrain from now on.

As long as you recuse yourself for those conversations that are meant for people with a brain.

On Tap one day this week?

You knows it, I'm down for On Tap. Someone send smoke signals to Brad and see if he wants to come, he has been MIA for like a month now.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I can only go on Wednesday or late (after 6:30) Friday.

Friday works best. A little pre-Alabama game festivities? So it shall be.

One of the privileges of dropping hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars for season tickets as we do is that we don't HAVE to get to the game 2 hours early like we did when we were students (and paid $50 for the season). Trust me, I was just like you in college. When you get out, you'll see.

Hey you just gave me an idea. Let's take out all the seats except for a handicap section. Then we can all squeeze in standing room only and have the biggest capacity in the country :P

I'm not a student, not at Auburn anyway, but as a whole I definately hate the student section. Yeah, there's loud, and that's great, but their spoiler and their jerks that don't know how good they've got it. Most of them are basically bama fans in orange and blue. You don't yell SUCKS when they're introducing the team, all it does is give them more reason to want to beat us, and makesyou look ignorant after theyjust wooped us.

I can only go on Wednesday or late (after 6:30) Friday.

Friday works best. A little pre-Alabama game festivities? So it shall be.

I can do it Wednesday. Friday im going to that place where the game is, over in the west part of the state.

For those who are actually responding to my original post with arguments... The point was not to indict you... it was merely to show that there are differences between the alumni section and the student section. Many many differences...for one section to criticize the actions of the other is silly because clearly they don't quite understand the whole story.

We students can complain that you guys get a guaranteed seat and therefore can spend more time before the game relaxing and tailgating. Generally having a good time and going into the game at around 11 for the 1130 kick off, while we had to be at the stadium at 830 for said kickoff unless we want to sit in one of the sections with awful views. Niether of us really understands the other and that is aparent in our dumb arguements.

You can complain that we're too obnoxious and we can complain right back that you don't cheer hard enough.

Everyone can agree that we're there to see our Auburn Tigers play and that we expect the most out of our team. But when the game is out of hand and you've been there for 5 hours already, why shouldn't the students be allowed to leave? We didn't drive from Huntsville/Montgomery/Atlanta/etc etc and don't appreciate yet taking everything in. We didn't pay for 5 tickets for the wife and 3 kids and don't appreciate getting our money's worth because witnessing the aberration of the game for the last 10 mins of the 4th quarter adds up to about $2.50 as opposed to $250...

There is no point in making arguemnts about each section of fans because you don't understand us just as much as we don't understand you and it doesn't matter when you graduated. Once you're on the other side of that fence getting tickets for far more than what you paid as a student, getting to enter the game whenever you feel like it you're in a different mindset and don't get it.

i thought the same thing as KT did back when i was in school (96-99) b/c we sat right against the fence, 40 yard line every game and you just looked over your right shoulder to see the difference. i snuck into the student section for a couple years after graduation, but in 2003 i got season tickets. it took me a while to get adjusted to the differences. i would rather stand the entire game than sit but when 30 rows behind u are seated, you really don't have much choice. once you get out, get married, have kids, drive 10 hours round-trip, spend close to $2000 a year on travel and tickets, then you may change your tune a bit. war damn eagle.

Archived