Question

aubie57

I've read it on here before about the rammer jammer deal being classless. When the :au: band played and the :au: faithful sang the rammer jammer song to :ua: was that not classless as well? I am all for celebrating a big win but I'm curious as too the feelings about those particular actions???? If the shoe were on the other foot and they did that(turned a cheer or song that was unique to :au: and used it toward us) at Jordan Hare how would things be viewed then???? Just CURIOUS. Great game today and WAR EAGLE!!!!

I've read it on here before about the rammer jammer deal being classless. When the :au: band played and the :au: faithful sang the rammer jammer song to :ua: was that not classless as well? I am all for celebrating a big win but I'm curious as too the feelings about those particular actions???? If the shoe were on the other foot and they did that(turned a cheer or song that was unique to :au: and used it toward us) at Jordan Hare how would things be viewed then???? Just CURIOUS. Great game today and WAR EAGLE!!!!

What were the words to Rammer Jammer? I'm not so sure about it being classless. Depends on what was said. Otherwise, to the victor go the spoils.

rammer jammer yellow hammer go to H*ll alabama. Thats what the words were changed too. It's not so much the words that I'm asking about, its the principle of the matter I guesss.

Sometimes it takes a dose of your own medicine to realize something you do may be wrong. In this case, maybe that is true when bammers heard that stupid chant done to them. I don't know where that chant started...probably some high school somewhere, but UAT has almost turned it into their official fight song.

What really makes it classless for UAT is when the use after barely beating a puny opponent. Normally I would agree it was classless for our band and fans to do it also, but sometimes it takes a smack in the mouth for a bully to realize it ain't that tough afterall. Also considering some of our players got crap thrown at them, I think us playing rammer jammer is on the bottom of classless things that happened at Jordan-Hare West today.

Here's my take. I have never had a problem with their cheer and likewise, never had a problem with us singing the parody after a win. I do find it a little ridiculous to go into a rendition after barely beating Duke or Hawaii but for the most part, it's their song/cheer...let em' have it. Who cares? No biggie. They'd have sung it if they won and we sang the parody when we came out on top. Just part of college football in the SEC. Let it be.

screw that, i'll be the first person to say that i don't think it's classless when they do it. they made a decision that THAT CHEER is how they want to celebrate any and every win. that's fine with me. you can do what you want. BUT you should be prepared to have it thrown back in your face, and i'm glad the auburn faithful got to do it AGAIN in our home away from home.

just get your singing voices warmed up for next season!

I attended the game with a friend of mine that is a :ua: fan. He is not your normal bammer. We were talking about it when it started and he just kinda laughed, then he said you wanna see bama's class and pointed to the end of the field where the crap was being thrown at our players. He did not like the booing toward the Auburn players when the came onto the field. Like I said he's not the normal bammer. I personally don't care when they play or sing the song. In a way I don't care that it was done towards bammer by our fans, My first thought when it started was that Ive seen it talked about on here as classless. Thanks for the responses.

After being one of the band members in the 70's and watching us get beat 9 years in a row, it doesn't bother me. They just get a dose of their own medicine.

One year when the AU band was sitting in Legion Field waiting to rehearse(in the early 90's, one of the last times they played there), the UA band was practicing. At the end of their session, the UA band formed in front of the AU band and played the Rammer Jammer cheer. Now that was classless!!!

After being one of the band members in the 70's and watching us get beat 9 years in a row, it doesn't bother me. They just get a dose of their own medicine.

One year when the AU band was sitting in Legion Field waiting to rehearse(in the early 90's, one of the last times they played there), the UA band was practicing. At the end of their session, the UA band formed in front of the AU band and played the Rammer Jammer cheer. Now that was classless!!!

Hear, hear. Call it a carryover from having a fantastic School of Pharmacy at AU. It's not classeless when AU does it because of the medicinal purpose of the dose. We may have to up the dosage though because the poor fools don't seem to be getting any better despite 5 straight annual doses of that medicine. Bless their classless, delusional hearts. I wouldn't mind it at all if they get another decade of this medicine. WDE :thumbsup::au:

who's seriously offended by us reaming bammers with this after we beat them? don't even attempt to take this away by being uptight. it's the best part of winning the iron bowl!

How things change.

It has always been during my life and still is in my household:

"Flicker, flicker, yellow hammer, go to hell Alabama!"

Flicker being another name for a yellow hammer, the state bird of Alabama.

Anyone else taught your kids this version? *grin*

It's not classless. We're holding up a mirror and forcing those (expletive deleted ) to face what it is they've been dishing out to EVERY one they play, not just us. I doubt it'll force them to stop singing their version, but they won't stop regardless of what we do. So why not just have a bit of fun?

cue BG!

put me in the same camp as ranger...i think its as tasteless as it can be...especially after eeking out a victory over NWSE Polytech.

i think we do it, not because it's OUR cheer, but for the sole purpose of mocking the turds w/ their own stupid cheer.

we don't cheer it at any other games, do we? I hope not...that'd be embarassing. but to turn the tide's classless behavior back on them for them to know how it feels... they deserve that and more.

on a slightly unrelated thought: can you imagine the vim & vigor with which the tiders will sing their cheer when they finally beat us again? it'll be years of pent up frustration unleashed in one fail swoop.

war eagle...

"Hey Bama!"

Archived