Interview with Sidney Blumenthal

Tiger Al

We see Sb as a pure SOB that can still skewer and lie about a dead man. Here is still more on how he set out to trash ML in the lie machine that was the Cliniton White House as BC lied again and again about a 23 year old Intern. If the measure of a man is his friends, I dont know who I pity more BC or SB.

Hitchens v. Blumenthal

The most interesting bit of high-minded hooey to emerge from the Hitchens-Blumenthal flap can be found in Joe Conason's column in this week's New York Observer. Chris Hitchens, you'll recall, agreed to cooperate when a House Judiciary committee staffer phoned to ask about Sid Blumenthal's "Monica the Stalker" comments to Hitchens over lunch.

Christopher HITCHENS, my favorite liberal. A man that can be a liberal and an educated liberal and NOT KISS BILL CLINTON'S POSTERIOR 24/7.

Of course, that means that 99% of the Democrats hate his guts. He has convictions, and lets not let any of that get in the way of KISSING ***.

Beat goes on.

Story: SIDNEY BLUMENTHAL ACCUSED OF LYING FOR PRESIDENT

His testimony for the Senate impeachment trial may be over, but Clinton aide Sidney Blumenthal may not be out of the woods yet. A group of Senators is calling on the Justice Department to investigate Blumenthal's denial under oath that he helped to spread stories about Monica Lewinsky. This comes after Christopher Hitchens, contributing editor and columnist for The Nation and Vanity Fair magazines signed an affidavit in which he said that Blumenthal told him and others that Lewinsky was "a stalker" over lunch one day.

In a statement issued through his lawyer yesterday, Blumenthal denied being the source of any story about Lewinsky's personal life. He did say, however, that he spoke about Lewinsky to his friends, and said that Hitchens fell in that category. House prosecutors allege that President Clinton passed on false, derogatory information to Blumenthal so he would repeat it.

You've decided to regurgitate the same lie twice?

Sidney Blumenthal brought new meaning to the word "sycophancy" (butt kisser) when he was hired to cover the Beltway and instead became an unofficial White House flack;

More BS from SB

Ex-Clinton aide Sidney Blumenthal is potentially slated to become editor-in-chief of a Guardian-run U.S. magazine, tentatively titled Smarmy ****. [Ed.—I just made that up. I don't know what the title will be.] This is almost too good to be true. Blumenthal was good Gawker fodder before he had a magazine.

Magazine plan in bloom for ex-Clinton aide [NY Daily News]

New mag for SB

Maybe this is the magazine that you meant to say he ran into the ground and screwed the employees of. If so, give me some stock tips from the future, too.

David, instead of posting a bunch of quotes from people who obviously hate Blumenthal which prove nothing, why won't you address the lies you've posted?

The connection with Salon and Blumenthal is much harder to make than I thought. The friendships, the contact the leaks are all there in droves.

Bu tthe financial link I was told about is not there yet. Asking and researching that has brought me to look for a link with Tina Brown and Blumenthal. She has killed The New Yorker now and is much the outcast. She is still working as an editor for Salon, BTW Saon SALN stock is so bad that it is off the board and trades in the .10 and lower area.

I humbly beg for more time on the $$$ link tho.

Insidious Sid

Sid Blumenthal rearranges facts and besmirches the character of his fellow journalists. And he wonders why people dislike him.By Michael Isikoff

Read the whole devastating review. Sid Blumenthal is more than a devoted Kool-Aid drinker. He is serially dishonest. Why anyone would deign to use this book as intellectual ammunition in political arguments is beyond me. Talk about slumming it.

My point is that SB is indeed a serial liar, sycophant, and many educated people were totally repelled by his attacks on anything or anyone that wasnt as big a Clinton sycophant as he was.

Smearing people and trashing lives is just too much a part of the Democratic life now. SB is a large part of that lie and life.

The connection with Salon and Blumenthal is much harder to make than I thought. The friendships, the contact the leaks are all there in droves.

Bu tthe financial link I was told about is not there yet. Asking and researching that has brought me to look for a link with Tina Brown and Blumenthal. She has killed The New Yorker now and is much the outcast. She is still working as an editor for Salon, BTW Saon SALN stock is so bad that it is off the board and trades in the .10 and lower area.

I've already shown you that there is no 'Salon link'. He has never owned a business in his life, magazine or otherwise.

Take all the time you want.

We see Sb as a pure SOB that can still skewer and lie about a dead man. Here is still more on how he set out to trash ML in the lie machine that was the Cliniton White House as BC lied again and again about a 23 year old Intern. If the measure of a man is his friends, I dont know who I pity more BC or SB.

Hitchens v. Blumenthal

The most interesting bit of high-minded hooey to emerge from the Hitchens-Blumenthal flap can be found in Joe Conason's column in this week's New York Observer. Chris Hitchens, you'll recall, agreed to cooperate when a House Judiciary committee staffer phoned to ask about Sid Blumenthal's "Monica the Stalker" comments to Hitchens over lunch.

Christopher HITCHENS, my favorite liberal. A man that can be a liberal and an educated liberal and NOT KISS BILL CLINTON'S POSTERIOR 24/7.

Of course, that means that 99% of the Democrats hate his guts. He has convictions, and lets not let any of that get in the way of KISSING ***.

Beat goes on.

Story: SIDNEY BLUMENTHAL ACCUSED OF LYING FOR PRESIDENT

His testimony for the Senate impeachment trial may be over, but Clinton aide Sidney Blumenthal may not be out of the woods yet. A group of Senators is calling on the Justice Department to investigate Blumenthal's denial under oath that he helped to spread stories about Monica Lewinsky. This comes after Christopher Hitchens, contributing editor and columnist for The Nation and Vanity Fair magazines signed an affidavit in which he said that Blumenthal told him and others that Lewinsky was "a stalker" over lunch one day.

In a statement issued through his lawyer yesterday, Blumenthal denied being the source of any story about Lewinsky's personal life. He did say, however, that he spoke about Lewinsky to his friends, and said that Hitchens fell in that category. House prosecutors allege that President Clinton passed on false, derogatory information to Blumenthal so he would repeat it.

You've decided to regurgitate the same lie twice?

No I am showing where the smearing of Monica is still believed actively in the press to this day.

AL, how crazy do you have to be to think someone would want to be called a demented or whatever stalker and would broadcast story in talking points. Hitchens knows the truth and testified to it. The story came from Blumenthal and no where else, before the memo was even released.

I've already shown you that there is no 'Salon link'. He has never owned a business in his life, magazine or otherwise.

Take all the time you want.

He is about to open a new magazine now as sited in other link.

Try again.

I'm about to open a coffee shop, too, but I've never owned a business in my life. Until I own the coffee shop I've STILL NEVER OWNED A BUSINESS IN MY LIFE!!!

You said he was the founder and owner of Salon. He wasn't. Try again.

Oh I am sorry, I see now, Blumenthal is Jesus and everyone in DC is wrong. Everyone in the press is wrong. Everyone that doesnt agree with SB and TA are all wrong.

I guess in your little world that SB must be a god to you. He ceratainly isnt to me and many others that think for ourselves. I am not perfect but to sit there and portay the whole world as nuts because they can easily see thru the man is......well...just typical of Dems. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is a great interview with a great man conducted by William Rivers Pitt for TruthOut.org. I read Blumenthal's book, 'The Clinton Wars,' and it was fantastic. For those who may remember, Blumenthal was one of the many targets of right-wing whacko liar Matt Drudge, who claimed, shortly after he joined the Clinton administration, that SB had been found guilty of spousal abuse. I highly recommend his book for the non-Murdoch/VRWC view of the first two-term Democratic president since Truman.
This is a great interview with a great man
...... :blink:

I

read Blumenthal's book, 'The Clinton Wars,' and it was fantastic.
....OMG!
Blumenthal was one of the many targets of right-wing whacko liar Matt Drudge, who claimed, shortly after he joined the Clinton administration, that SB had been found guilty of spousal abuse.
...Sued Drudge for $30M, ended up PAYING THE MAN !!!!! No judgement against Drudge at all from any court, anywhere. Instead, SB has to write the check. Sounds like Blumenthal was definitely a wife beater and didnt want anymore bad publicity after he knew he did not have any case at all.
I highly recommend his book for the non-Murdoch/VRWC view of the first two-term Democratic president since Truman
.....Here's your kool-Aid.... :beer2:

No I am showing where the smearing of Monica is still believed actively in the press to this day.

AL, how crazy do you have to be to think someone would want to be called a demented or whatever stalker and would broadcast story in talking points. Hitchens knows the truth and testified to it. The story came from Blumenthal and no where else, before the memo was even released.

You're showing nothing. In the first link you provided by David Greenberg he said:

"In the next year, Starr's office, congressional Republicans, and sympathetic reporters wrongly renewed these and similar charges, claiming that it was Blumenthal who spread the notion that Monica Lewinsky was a deranged "stalker" or a scorned woman who invented her affair with Clinton; in fact, the "stalker" theory originated when Newsweek's Web site reported the contents of the famous "Talking Points Memo"--guidelines on how to spin the affair written, it later emerged, by Lewinsky herself--describing the former intern that way."

This is what was said about 'stalking' in the memo coaching Linda Tripp on how to handle her deposition in the Paula Jones case:

"By the way, remember how I said there was someone else that I knew about. Well, she turned out to be a huge liar. I found out she left the WH because she was stalking the P or something like that. Well, at least that gets me out of another scandal I know about."

If you've ever read the Starr report, which I'm sure YOU have and salivated over every page, you'll remember how Lewinsky talked about repeatedly going to the Oval Office to get things 'signed'. I don't think she meant she was a stalker in the usual sense, following a person to their house, grocery store, looking through windows, etc.

Ken Starr now had in his possession Lewinsky’s home computer and it was established that the talking points memo was originally composed on that computer.

After being given immunity she said that she was the memo's author. This was in the Starr report:

"On January 14, Ms Lewinsky gave Ms. Tripp a three-page document regarding "points to make in [Ms. Tripp's] affidavit." Ms Lewinsky testified that she wrote the document herself, although some of the ideas may have been inspired by conversations with Ms. Tripp."

How can you 'smear' someone who has admitted being guilty of the 'smear'?

You're showing nothing. In the first link you provided by David Greenberg he said:

"In the next year, Starr's office, congressional Republicans, and sympathetic reporters wrongly renewed these and similar charges, claiming that it was Blumenthal who spread the notion that Monica Lewinsky was a deranged "stalker" or a scorned woman who invented her affair with Clinton; in fact, the "stalker" theory originated when Newsweek's Web site reported the contents of the famous "Talking Points Memo"--guidelines on how to spin the affair written, it later emerged, by Lewinsky herself--describing the former intern that way."

This is what was said about 'stalking' in the memo coaching Linda Tripp on how to handle her deposition in the Paula Jones case:

"By the way, remember how I said there was someone else that I knew about. Well, she turned out to be a huge liar. I found out she left the WH because she was stalking the P or something like that. Well, at least that gets me out of another scandal I know about."

If you've ever read the Starr report, which I'm sure YOU have and salivated over every page, you'll remember how Lewinsky talked about repeatedly going to the Oval Office to get things 'signed'. I don't think she meant she was a stalker in the usual sense, following a person to their house, grocery store, looking through windows, etc.

Ken Starr now had in his possession Lewinsky’s home computer and it was established that the talking points memo was originally composed on that computer.

After being given immunity she said that she was the memo's author. This was in the Starr report:

"On January 14, Ms Lewinsky gave Ms. Tripp a three-page document regarding "points to make in [Ms. Tripp's] affidavit." Ms Lewinsky testified that she wrote the document herself, although some of the ideas may have been inspired by conversations with Ms. Tripp."

How can you 'smear' someone who has admitted being guilty of the 'smear'?

First Al, Bill Clinton called her at home left messages and messages and messages. She was NEVER a Stalker. Never!

I get you now Al, in your world, if I dictate a letter to Secretary, she types it then she obviously authored the memo....BS!

You have had to call half the reporters, Clinton loving reporters in Washington liars to cover the truth here Al. Whether it was Hitchens, who is a very respected journalist or SB, someone none of his coleagues respects, you chose to ignore all published accounts, sworn accounts and believe the lie and Drink the Kool-Aid.

Listen I know this is really hard for you to understand. You do not want to understand. The stalker story came from SB and NO ONE ELSE.

Monica was not a truthful witness at first, Forgot that too huh? The tapes from Linda Tripp put her in perjury trouble and then she HAD to tell the truth. The line about her authoring the memo was in the before Tripp tape days. Remember she worked in the Clinton White House where black is white and white is black.

Poor old brain dead, love sick Monica was never a stalker, never. Clinton was calling her at home, and was calling her into the Oval Office. Was sending her love poems, was promising her his love. Sending her gifts.

Man, I hope you enjoy the Kool-Aid you seem to be one of the foremost drinkers in the world.

Everybody that knows SB calls him a liar, a mangler of the truth. In article after article I have shown that. And you still drink the Koll-Aid?

Archived