Jim Mora/Bama?

passthebiscuits

ESPN reporting that the Atlanta Falcons are looking to "find possible replacements for Jim Mora, Jr."

Interesting their choice of words this morning, as you don't usually "look to replace" until you've fired someone. There is more than one RUMOR out there that Mora may be contemplating the Bama job.

I am not here to propagate rumors, but how realistic is the connection between Mora and a college job...after all he stated he may be interested in the Washingon Huskies.

When did you hear them say this? I must have been out of the room. Regardless, I do believe you may be on to something. ;)

We'd chew him up and spit him out faster than Rosie O'Donnell would do to a stick of celery.

Hell.....Rosie would not even waste her time ;) .

Takes way too much energy. B)

Just as Rosie doesn't do celery, Alabama doesn't do Jim Mora Jr.

Mora coming to UA may be the final nail in Tide football. It'd be that awful.

How awesome would it be if he went there and brought his dad to handle post game conferences?

"Atlanta? You want to talk about us going to Atlanta? We'd be lucky to beat Vanderbilt, and you want to talk about us going to Atlanta? We stink! We couldn't do diddlypoo!"

ESPN reported it on Gameday this morning before the Meineke Car Bowl or whatever.

Just now they stated that "the falcons will decide on the fate of Jim Mora this week." The Bama tie is total rumor, but interesting terms being floated about. Obviously Saban is still the best hope...but I think Mora is a pretty good coach who'd do well at Bama. He's just stuck with a franchise qback who doesn't know how to pass. Not all of his fault.

The NFL network just reported during the redskins game that Saban would be offered more than the $15 mil for 3 years he is currently making.

And Jason just went down in tough lick.

The NFL network just reported during the redskins game that Saban would be offered more than the $15 mil for 3 years he is currently making.

Offered by who, the Dolphins or UAT? They can't mean UAT because there is no way a college is going to offer a coach that much money. First, even UAT would catch crap from the academic types for spending over $5 million a year on a coach. Secondly, even UAT is not dumb enough to tick off all the other schools by giving their coaches a reason to demand the same pay.

The Mora to UAT story does have some legs to it. However it sounds like the NFL Network is smoking the same crack that bammers are smoking if they think Saban is coming to UAT, much less thinking UAT is going to shell out that much dough, especially when there are going to be some decent NFL coaches, just as proven in the NFL as Saban, available in a couple of days that will work for much less then $5 mil a year.

Offered by who, the Dolphins or UAT? They can't mean UAT because there is no way a college is going to offer a coach that much money. First, even UAT would catch crap from the academic types for spending over $5 million a year on a coach. Secondly, even UAT is not dumb enough to tick off all the other schools by giving their coaches a reason to demand the same pay.

The Mora to UAT story does have some legs to it. However it sounds like the NFL Network is smoking the same crack that bammers are smoking if they think Saban is coming to UAT, much less thinking UAT is going to shell out that much dough, especially when there are going to be some decent NFL coaches, just as proven in the NFL as Saban, available in a couple of days that will work for much less then $5 mil a year.

By Alabama.

Hey, I don't believe it either. Its such a jump from what other coaches are making. I'm just passing along what was reported on NFL network.

By Alabama.

Hey, I don't believe it either. Its such a jump from what other coaches are making. I'm just passing along what was reported on NFL network.

Oh, I understand you are just repeating what they are saying. I just can't believe they would actually report that. You would think the would at least be able to sort through the bs.

BTW...since you are lucky enough to be able to get the NFL Network where you are at, what is the story with JC leaving the game in the second quarter? What happened?

We'd chew him up and spit him out faster than Rosie O'Donnell would do to a stick of celery.

mod edit: Kids read this board. Show a little class.

Finally, an intelligent post from BP! :thumbsup:

JC scrambled and tried to slide and took a shot to the chin while sliding. It was reminiscent of the shot Trent Green took earlier this year that put him out for a while. He went out for the next series and it went to halftime. He came back after the half and looked good as new. Must have jarred some of the cobwebs loose. He looked like a different player in the 2nd half. He's impressing me more and more each time i see him. He has the potential to be a really good nfl qb.

Frankly, I'd love to see UAT pay big bucks to get a fired pro coach with no college experience, then watch him fall flat on his face when he proves to have ZERO talent in those keys areas of college ball--recruiting, alumni PR/networking, academic eligibility, disciplining 18-19-year-old kids, etc.--that the pros don't have to deal with.

Frankly, I'd love to see UAT pay big bucks to get a fired pro coach with no college experience, then watch him fall flat on his face when he proves to have ZERO talent in those keys areas of college ball--recruiting, alumni PR/networking, academic eligibility, disciplining 18-19-year-old kids, etc.--that the pros don't have to deal with.

I think the pro coaches having to deal with 20-22 year old millionaires pretty much evens that out. :poke:

FYI, this would be a terrible hire for Bama if true.

IMO, Mora Jr. is an average coach who doesn't install discpline whatsoever to his teams which is why the Falcons have gotten worse every year under him.

Archived