Prayer request

TexasTiger

I pray for ALL the troops and their families every day. I pray that people will one day understand and appreciate what they do on behalf of the country and stop using their sacrifice as political points.

I also pray that my country comes together as a people before it's too late.

For the families of the 3,000 troops killed in Iraq.

A bit late to the game, eh TT ? Perhaps your " request " wouldn't be seen as so disingenious had you not waited until now to show you care.

Also, pray for the families and friends of those lost in the 9/11 attacks.

For the families of the 3,000 troops killed in Iraq.

A bit late to the game, eh TT ? Perhaps your " request " wouldn't be seen as so disingenious had you not waited until now to show you care.

Also, pray for the families and friends of those lost in the 9/11 attacks.

There is nothing controversial about my post, except in the most twisted of minds, and darkest of souls.

There is nothing controversial about my post, except in the most twisted of minds, and darkest of souls.

Quite frankly, that's a load of crap, and you know it. The Left has been beating the death drum since we went to war, elevating and celebrating these arbitrary death markers at every chance. It is beyond disingenuous for you to claim other wise, especially at yet another arbitrary mile stone.

Quite frankly, that's a load of crap, and you know it. The Left has been beating the death drum since we went to war, elevating and celebrating these arbitrary death markers at every chance. It is beyond disingenuous for you to claim other wise, especially at yet another arbitrary mile stone.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you even pray? I seem to recall you posting that you don't believe in God.

In any event, my original post was very straightforward, uncontroversial, and heartfelt. You read the politics into it. There was zero editorializing on my part. Frankly, it is very disappointing that there hasn't been a positive response to such a basic request.

You read the politics into it. There was zero editorializing on my part.

You made it political by referring to the 3000 dead in Iraq. How about the 353 Americans that have died in Afghanistan. Do their families not rate a prayer?

In any event, my original post was very straightforward, uncontroversial, and heartfelt. You read the politics into it. There was zero editorializing on my part. Frankly, it is very disappointing that there hasn't been a positive response to such a basic request.

Based on what you have posted, added to the fact that you've not posted any such 'request' before this is blatenly telling. I didn't read anything which wasn't implicitly put there by you. It's disingenuous, plain and simple, and anyone who follows this board can see that.

Whether I pray or not is irrelevent. I don't feign religion for the sake of making political statements.

You read the politics into it. There was zero editorializing on my part.

You made it political by referring to the 3000 dead in Iraq.

That is circular.

How about the 353 Americans that have died in Afghanistan. Do their families not rate a prayer?

They certainly do. Thanks.

Based on what you have posted, added to the fact that you've not posted any such 'request' before this is blatenly telling. I didn't read anything which wasn't implicitly put there by you. It's disingenuous, plain and simple, and anyone who follows this board can see that.

Whether I pray or not is irrelevent. I don't feign religion for the sake of making political statements.

Whether you believe in the value of prayer is relevant to this point and your ability to appreciate the request. There is no statement in requesting a prayer for this families. Anyone on this board of any political persuasion could have done so. If TIS or David had done so would you accuse them of being political?

Whether you believe in the value of prayer is relevant to this point and your ability to appreciate the request. There is no statement in requesting a prayer for this families. Anyone on this board of any political persuasion could have done so. If TIS or David had done so would you accuse them of being political?

Because it's coming from you, and because of the manner by which you presented it, I'm not buying it. It's extremely suspect, and I know many others familar w/ your work agree.

End of discussion.

Because it's coming from you, and because of the manner by which you presented it, I'm not buying it. It's extremely suspect, and I know many others familar w/ your work agree.

End of discussion.

You discuss?

I presented it in a simple, straightforward and non-political manner. I don't see how it could have been more basic. Even if someone thinks my intentions are suspect, there is no risk in a simple statement of prayerful support for these families without political comment. Others have chosen to make this thread political. That's disappointing. It wasn't necessary.

End of discussion.

You discuss?

I presented it in a simple, straightforward and non-political manner. I don't see how it could have been more basic. Even if someone thinks my intentions are suspect, there is no risk in a simple statement of prayerful support for these families without political comment. Others have chosen to make this thread political. That's disappointing. It wasn't necessary.

The sad thing is that people post here all the time requesting prayers for their sick cat or a pending job change and typically the only response is, "Prayers sent." The ones who consistently claim to care for "the troops" the most can't even have the courtesy to do it now. TT, I'm sorry your thread, and your motives, were questioned to score some cheap points. I agree with you that there was no risk in them taking the high road and simply saying, "Prayers sent." Oh well, the true character of some has been exposed.

You discuss?

" I presented it in a smiple, straightforward and non-political manner " , which NO ONE IS BUYING. You can repeat it 100 times, for all I care, but it won't make it any more true. I've explained the how and the why, and you still feign dumb. Your past has caught up w/ you, and now you can't understand why no one is taking you seriously. It's because we know you're not being serious. You're being blatently political. And I for one find it insulting and disrespectful.

T A -

The sad thing is that people post here all the time requesting prayers for their sick cat or a pending job change and typically the only response is, "Prayers sent." The ones who consistently claim to care for "the troops" the most can't even have the courtesy to do it now. TT, I'm sorry your thread, and your motives, were questioned to score some cheap points. I agree with you that there was no risk in them taking the high road and simply saying, "Prayers sent." Oh well, the true character of some has been exposed.
The cheap points came from TT, and he knows it. That is why there won't be any 'courtesy' of responding to TT's bogus request. The arbitrary ' 3000 dead' milestone is the 1st time TT has asked for any such prayers. It's well known that the Left loves making up false pretenses for highlighting the cost of this war, as well as every step in concealing anything good which has happened as well. Fact is, any time a Left winger brings up some x number of American dead, and then tries to feign concern and a request for prayers, it's viewed as the sick mockery that it is intended. We're not fooled. It's such a transparent an phoney ploy, some are still amazed at the brazen disrespect the Left shows our fallen heroes.

End of discussion.

You discuss?

Yes it has Mr. Sanctimonious.

You discuss?

" I presented it in a smiple, straightforward and non-political manner " , which NO ONE IS BUYING. You can repeat it 100 times, for all I care, but it won't make it any more true. I've explained the how and the why, and you still feign dumb. Your past has caught up w/ you, and now you can't understand why no one is taking you seriously. It's because we know you're not being serious. You're being blatently political. And I for one find it insulting and disrespectful.

T A -

The cheap points came from TT, and he knows it. That is why there won't be any 'courtesy' of responding to TT's bogus request. The arbitrary ' 3000 dead' milestone is the 1st time TT has asked for any such prayers. It's well known that the Left loves making up false pretenses for highlighting the cost of this war, as well as every step in concealing anything good which has happened as well. Fact is, any time a Left winger brings up some x number of American dead, and then tries to feign concern and a request for prayers, it's viewed as the sick mockery that it is intended. We're not fooled. It's such a transparent an phoney ploy, some are still amazed at the brazen disrepect the Left shows our fallen heroes.

I suppose any number is "arbitrary", but seeing that news report over the Holidays when most of us are with our families, made me think even moreso about the enormous sacrifice by the families that have lost love ones in this war. I sincerely thought that, regardless of one's views on this war or politics in general, that this was at least one simple thing that we, at least those who believe in God, could easily agree on. There is nothing political about praying for these families. "Prayer request" are common on this site, and this seemed to me to be a simple, unifying gesture as we closed one year and entered the next, even on this forum where the disagreements tend to be strongest and where I most frequently post. What it has probably highlighted, instead, is the futility of posting any thing at all on the political forum. I would like to request that a moderator/administrator move this thread to "all things considered" which may be where I should have posted it to begin with. I think I'm done here.

I would like to request that a moderator/administrator move this thread to "all things considered" which may be where I should have posted it to begin with.

You knew all along this was political, and now you're trying to CYA by asking a mod to fix the mess you started. Typical Liberal.

End of discussion.

You discuss?

Yes it has Mr. Sanctimonious.

Whatever.

When I first read Tex's post that started this thread, my thought like TIS was I pray for service members and their families every day. And I wondered and was suspicious of his motivation. I made the choice not to respond. But then you came up with your pious, self righteous attack and I changed my mind. If like he says Tex was serious and had no ulterior motive and was not being political, even during this High Holy Week (3,000 dead) for dems and leftists, you did didn't you Al? You made it political with your little attack on any and all who didn't follow along as the thought police intended.

http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/

http://www.icasualties.org/oif/

http://www.worldmagblog.com/blog/archives/028269.html

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?con...p;articleId=666

It's not as if there were no leftists democrat organizations keeping track and using those deaths for political purposes.

So yes Al, whatever.

Noone else would have put a number to it. You did because that was the point of your post. You have succeeded in perverting a process that this board has used successfully to relay prayer requests. The dark lord is very proud of you.

When I first read Tex's post that started this thread, my thought like TIS was I pray for service members and their families every day. And I wondered and was suspicious of his motivation. I made the choice not to respond. But then you came up with your pious, self righteous attack and I changed my mind. If like he says Tex was serious and had no ulterior motive and was not being political, even during this High Holy Week (3,000 dead) for dems and leftists, you did didn't you Al? You made it political with your little attack on any and all who didn't follow along as the thought police intended.

http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/

http://www.icasualties.org/oif/

http://www.worldmagblog.com/blog/archives/028269.html

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?con...p;articleId=666

It's not as if there were no leftists democrat organizations keeping track and using those deaths for political purposes.

So yes Al, whatever.

Whatever.

This should be on the family or ATC site where prayer requests belong. Putting it on the "politically speaking" site made it a "political" statement, duh! To think this would be interpreted any other way is either 1) disengenuous or 2) obtuse.

This should be on the family or ATC site where prayer requests belong. Putting it on the "politically speaking" site made it a "political" statement, duh! To think this would be interpreted any other way is either 1) disengenuous or 2) obtuse.

Actually, a search of the archives would've shown you that prayer requests have been made in many forums. Since the war in Iraq is discussed primarily in this forum, it isn't unreasonable for it to be posted here. I think the responses would've been the same as they were here, in which case, someone would've wondered why it wasn't posted in the political forum.

What has made it appear "disengenuous" and/or "obtuse" is that one group of people on this board put those who disagree with the war in Iraq into a box that equates opposition to our policy with hatred of the military and lust for its demise. Wrong and wrong. Anything that falls outside the dimensions of that box is attacked as "disengenuous", "obtuse" or "sanctimonious," which is what has happened here.

Tex's post appears disingenuous due to the fact that he hasn't posted a single time to any other "prayer request" combined with the fact that anyone who has posted in the political forum knows his strong views about the Iraq war. Add to that the "3000" number echoed by every anti-war group over the last day or so and in the media and he chose the "political forum" to post this knowing the war is a political wedge.

I am not going to try to say what his motives were, but looking at all this together, it isn't hard to see why some would see this as bogus or a cheap shot.

That being said, my prayers are with them everyday as I have two friends in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. Prayers also sent for the civilians caught up in all of this.

Archived