Prayer request

TexasTiger

Tex's post appears disingenuous due to the fact that he hasn't posted a single time to any other "prayer request"

That is a flat out lie.

Sorry, I see you have and I sincerely apologize for the that misstatement .

Coming off of the joy of the Christmas Holidays, I guess reality has hit me and I'm a little embarassed, (personally, not in relation to anyone here) that I didn't anticipate this reaction. I really shouldn't be shocked by it, and, I guess, would not have been normally. I know that many people, presumably including folks here, pray for the troops regularly. What occurred to me recently was that I hadn't really prayed for the families of the troops. On December 31, I saw that the 3,000th American soldier had died and was genuninely struck by how difficult that must be for the families of those troops during the Holiday Season that I was enjoying so much with my family. With all our disagreement, I genuinely believed that this was something at least those who chose to pray could readily agree on. There is no judgement-- pro or con-- on the decision to go to war in a simple prayer for the families. There is so much acrimony on the political forum that I thought a "softball" would be a nice change. I clearly misjudged matters.

This is really quite simple. If you are inclined to pray for the families, then do, if you are not so inclined, then don't. Even if you mistrust my motives, what are you truly risking?

There will be plenty of other threads where those who wish to argue about such matters may do so.

One thing I have learned from this experience is that when I do face a situation for which I need the prayerful support of fellow Christians, I will look elsewhere for it.

Coming off of the joy of the Christmas Holidays, I guess reality has hit me and I'm a little embarassed, (personally, not in relation to anyone here) that I didn't anticipate this reaction. I really shouldn't be shocked by it, and, I guess, would not have been normally. I know that many people, presumably including folks here, pray for the troops regularly. What occurred to me recently was that I hadn't really prayed for the families of the troops. On December 31, I saw that the 3,000th American soldier had died and was genuninely struck by how difficult that must be for the families of those troops during the Holiday Season that I was enjoying so much with my family. With all our disagreement, I genuinely believed that this was something at least those who chose to pray could readily agree on. There is no judgement-- pro or con-- on the decision to go to war in a simple prayer for the families. There is so much acrimony on the political forum that I thought a "softball" would be a nice change. I clearly misjudged matters.

This is really quite simple. If you are inclined to pray for the families, then do, if you are not so inclined, then don't. Even if you mistrust my motives, what are you truly risking?

There will be plenty of other threads where those who wish to argue about such matters may do so.

One thing I have learned from this experience is that when I do face a situation for which I need the prayerful support of fellow Christians, I will look elsewhere for it.

You would've avoided all conflict if it wasn't so politically directed... or "seeming" that way. Maybe a better way to go about it is to say," Pray for all the fallen soldiers of the United States."

Just a neutral opinion.

You would've avoided all conflict if it wasn't so politically directed... or "seeming" that way. Maybe a better way to go about it is to say," Pray for all the fallen soldiers of the United States."

Just a neutral opinion.

And a damn fine one, Vatz. Thank you.

Just a neutral opinion.

That's a fine prayer. This one was for the families. Being for the families doesn't make it "politically directed." There should be no conflict with that among reasonable people.

Archived