FSU Withdraws Offer to Fisher

Proud Tiger

rivals.com is reporting that FSU has withdrawn it's offer to Jimbo Fisher for their OC. Looks like Fisher is betting on his chance to become the HC at GT

What happened to Chan? I thought he was just given an extention last year.

He is interviewing for the Miami Dolphins job!!!!!!!

LOL

I think he would do well there. Chan's a good coach!!

I still think a succesful Mike Shula in Miami would be the ultimate. They'd then embrace him as their own again. They'd sport the "S The Coach" stickers with pride once more.

From Ramblinwreck.com

Jan. 5, 2007

GEORGIA TECH DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS DAN RADAKOVICH:

"I received a call from the Miami Dolphins requesting permission to speak with Coach Gailey. It was not surprising, given Chan's relationship with the Dolphins' organization and what he has accomplished at Georgia Tech. It speaks to the high regard with which he is held in the football world, both professionally and on the collegiate level."

GEORGIA TECH HEAD COACH Chan Gailey

"The Dolphins' administration is aware of my knowledge of their organization and people, as well as my experience as an NFL head coach. It was clear to me that they were in the process of gathering information and insight into organizational issues. I appreciate that they asked to speak with me regarding their future direction.

"At the same time, I have a great job at Georgia Tech. I enjoy working with the young men in our program, and I'm excited about what we're building here with the players we have returning and the recruiting class that we expect to bring in."

"At the same time, I have a great job at Georgia Tech. I enjoy working with the young men in our program, and I'm excited about what we're building here with the players we have returning and the recruiting class that we expect to bring in."

You see, that is how you do the "coach speak" thing when you are a candidate for another job. Chan knows to not say anything that commits himself one way or the other. :lol:

You see, that is how you do the "coach speak" thing when you are a candidate for another job. Chan knows to not say anything that commits himself one way or the other. :lol:

Yeah, if he had said "I shouldn't even have to comment on this,", "I'm not going to be the Miami Dolphins coach."

"I'm not talking about any of that stuff," he said. "And I'd appreciate the courtesy of it not being asked."

it would be obvious that he was going.

Or does NO only mean YES in Tuscaloosa? :(

rivals.com is reporting that FSU has withdrawn it's offer to Jimbo Fisher for their OC. Looks like Fisher is betting on his chance to become the HC at GT

I have heard an Alabama fan say that this means Jimbo is for sure going to Alabama. There's no chance of this, is there? Not that I think Jimbo is a prize, he's not. But, even I have to admit he's a good coach.

I have heard an Alabama fan say that this means Jimbo is for sure going to Alabama. There's no chance of this, is there? Not that I think Jimbo is a prize, he's not. But, even I have to admit he's a good coach.

Yes there is a chance, since FSU was in a bidding war with FSU. It seems FSU had a limit.

There is also the possibility that Gailey will go to the Dolphins and Jimbo will be hired as HC at GT.

I have heard that Jimbo is mad at Bammer because the Bammer BOT killed his chances of becoming the head coach at UAB.

Well, I would be. Guess it just depends how much they offer him, though. If that's the case, NTP will have another prostitute to hang around with.

Phillip Marshall

Why would Fisher turn his back on such an offer from Alabama? I talked extensively Friday with a close friend and confidante of his, one who has talked with him regularly since Fisher decided this season would be his last at LSU.

*Fisher is still angry that the Alabama Board of Trustees pulled the plug on negotiations for him to become the head coach at UAB. Hard as some might find it to believe, Fisher wanted the job. A deal was all but done before Alabama trustees said the $600,000 salary was too high, even though half of it would have been paid through private donations.

*Fisher’s driving ambition is to be a head coach, and he believes Florida State presents the best opportunity. He believes he can make a splash quicker at Florida State, where the offense has floundered badly in recent seasons.

*There are two schools at the top of the top of Fisher’s list of dream head coaching jobs. They are Auburn and LSU. He believes if he went to Alabama he would eliminate the possibility of ever returning to Auburn. Fisher’s wife, Candi, earned an Auburn degree while he was the quarterbacks coach from 1993-98.

*Fisher believes it will be beneficial to his head coaching aspirations to expose himself to another conference other than the SEC, potentially opening more doors...

Phillip Marshall

*There are two schools at the top of the top of Fisher’s list of dream head coaching jobs. They are Auburn and LSU. He believes if he went to Alabama he would eliminate the possibility of ever returning to Auburn. Fisher’s wife, Candi, earned an Auburn degree while he was the quarterbacks coach from 1993-98.

*Fisher believes it will be beneficial to his head coaching aspirations to expose himself to another conference other than the SEC, potentially opening more doors...

I don't think we're going to have an opening for quite some time--CTT will be an Auburn Tiger 'til the day he retires, IMHO. But it's nice to know CJF has us so high on his list. I think Fisher would be a good HC for us, but then, so would Al Borges and Will Muschamp. All three will probably get head coachnig postions elsewhere long before Tuberville steps aside at Auburn, however.

Would be a very interesting search upon CTT's retirement, however, if we had our choice of Fisher, Borges, and Muschamp! And if all three had head coaching experience under their belts by then, so much the better. [isn't Borges a bit older than the other two, and closer to retirement himself, though?]

For now, I hope things work out for Fisher to get the Georgia Tech job. It would be a good move for him.

IMHO, the only way I can imagine him at Bama is if he knew the fix was in for the UAT job when the UAB job evaporated, and that's why he excuses their BOT. In which case, he's just as duplicitous as the rest of the vipers in the UA snakepit and deserves them.

I think he should stay at LSU. Wait a year and see what happens to Miles. I just don't see Miles fitting in down there and could see him skipping town sooner rather than later.

I agree to a point. If LSU doesn't win the SEC in the next 2 years, Miles seat will be hot.

Then again, if he does...Fisher may be waiting awhile longer.

I think Jimbo should head to Alabama but I wouldnt if they did to me what they did to him

Archived