Buyout clauses-not

quietfan

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birmingh....xml&coll=2

The sticking point between Fisher and both Alabama and FSU had been the schools' insistence on a buyout clause for the coveted coach, a source said. Fisher, whose contract at LSU does not have such a clause, balked.

Interestingly, Fisher's agent is Jimmy Sexton, who is also the agent for Nick Saban, and Saban has never had a contract with a buyout clause. His new eight-year, $32 million guaranteed deal does not have one. Either way, there has been no official announcement concerning Fisher.

"Lord, I was born a ramblin' man, tryin' to make a living and doin' the best I can....when it's time for leavin', I hope you'll understand."--Nick Saban & Dickey Betts

This will HAVE to hurt on some level in recruiting. Every prospect will hear about the fact that Saban could be gone tomorrow. That shows the depth of UA's (Mal Moore's) desperation to get him. The contract seems to be totally one sided. I wonder how long it will be before Saban asks for the stadium to be named after him,then the museum, then the athletic dorm,etc.(you get the picture)?

This will HAVE to hurt on some level in recruiting. Every prospect will hear about the fact that Saban could be gone tomorrow. That shows the depth of UA's (Mal Moore's) desperation to get him. The contract seems to be totally one sided. I wonder how long it will be before Saban asks for the stadium to be named after him,then the museum, then the athletic dorm,etc.(you get the picture)?

recruits don't care about a buy-out clause. Yeah, they will have to know he may leave, but they also know his past success and will like that he has coached in the nfl.

I think it's Saban's style to leave. Honestly, I'm not sure if I have too much of a problem with it. He goes to programs hoping to turn them around quickly, get a championship and then move on to the next project. As soon as he turned Toledo around, he left. As soon as Michigan St had a great year, he left. LSU wins the NC, he doesn't take too long to leave. He goes to Miami, doesn't get the quick fix or have a chance of turning it around, he leaves. He's at Bama, a struggling former powerhouse, and is going to try and turn it around, win a championship there and then more than likely move on to the next project. It's only slimey because he keeps saying, "I'm staying I'm staying." I wish he's just say "no comment" and then do his thing.

From the reaction of the Fins crowd, he wears out his welcome and leaves before he gets RUN out of town. Even back before this coaching search came about, I had heard numerous stories of what a total egotistical jerk Saban was. Apparently, the only way he knows to lead is by intimidation. It looks like he stays somewhere just long enough for the fans to realize that the bully is actually a wimp. Then its time to go.

From the reaction of the Fins crowd, he wears out his welcome and leaves before he gets RUN out of town. Even back before this coaching search came about, I had heard numerous stories of what a total egotistical jerk Saban was. Apparently, the only way he knows to lead is by intimidation. It looks like he stays somewhere just long enough for the fans to realize that the bully is actually a wimp. Then its time to go.

I don't think he was close to being "run out" of Baton Rouge, although I have heard comments to the effect that his personality wasn't warm enough for a lot of the Corndogs.

I'm seriously asking this. Don't all (or at least most) other coaches in college football have a buyout clause? I'm not so sure about assistant coaches. I really want to know.

Of you guys think that the Fin Fans are ugly, wait till he leaves Alabama. Man, that will set new records for ugly.

Archived