Thank God for Pelosi!

Rusty

I'm so happy she get to be speaker of the house. Already the great work has begun. Putting great men facing charges in the lead of the different committees. I can't leave out banning smoking from the hall of the House and taking the day off for the College National Championship game. Wow! What powerful legislation! I can't wait to see what is next, maybe they will ban gum chewing in class!

I'm so happy she get to be speaker of the house. Already the great work has begun. Putting great men facing charges in the lead of the different committees. I can't leave out banning smoking from the hall of the House and taking the day off for the College National Championship game. Wow! What powerful legislation! I can't wait to see what is next, maybe they will ban gum chewing in class!

We've really got to address the spitball problem first.

I heard she's taking a strong stance against that mean bra snapping caucus. High time somebody stood up to them!

I heard she was taking the "pointers" and "setters" signs off the bathroom doors - Barney Frank kept getting confused.

But naming Barbara Streisand Poet Laureate of the House was a bit much...

You guys jest, but there are people out there who think she brings a fresh perspective. It scares the hell out of me that I might be living with a few of them. Even my resident dims across the street do not like her being so far to the left. But make no mistake, there is a large contingent of libruls who are on perpetual orgasm over this.

You guys jest, but there are people out there who think she brings a fresh perspective. It scares the hell out of me that I might be living with a few of them. Even my resident dims across the street do not like her being so far to the left. But make no mistake, there is a large contingent of libruls who are on perpetual orgasm over this.

Sadly, most Americans are so disinterested in politics, they aren't concerned w/ such trivial matters as issues. As far as they're concerned, it's good that the Dems are in charge now, because it makes things interesting.

Sadly, most Americans are so disinterested in politics, they aren't concerned w/ such trivial matters as issues. As far as they're concerned, it's good that the Dems are in charge now, because it makes things interesting.

Maybe they think it's good because they were tired of how the reps operated for the last six years. B)

So how did that first 100 hours of democrat control go? Are the sweeping changes Pelosi promised making as big of a difference as the media said they would? Katie Couric has really been strumming her banjo over Pelosi since the election.

Maybe they think it's good because they were tired of how the reps operated for the last six years.
Yeah, all that great economic recovery, the strongest stock market in ......EVER, and the fighting of Islamic terrorism got REAL boring.

Maybe they think it's good because they were tired of how the reps operated for the last six years.
Yeah, all that great economic recovery, the strongest stock market in ......EVER, and the fighting of Islamic terrorism got REAL boring.

Don't forget the low unemployment rate and more spending for education, although it's hard to tell if it helped.

newdirection%20copy.jpg

boisestatetrys.jpg

<_<

newdirection%20copy.jpg

boisestatetrys.jpg

<_<

:roflol:

So how did that first 100 hours of democrat control go? Are the sweeping changes Pelosi promised making as big of a difference as the media said they would? Katie Couric has really been strumming her banjo over Pelosi since the election.

1.-We will start by cleaning up Congress, ending the link between lobbyists and legislation.

H.Res. 6, Title II, "Adopting the Rules of the House of Representatives for the One Hundred Tenth Congress." passed 430-1, Jan. 4th, 2007

2.-We will commit to pay-as-you-go, no new deficit spending.

H.Res. 6, Title V, "Adopting the Rules of the House of Representatives for the One Hundred Tenth Congress." passed 280-152, Jan. 5th, 2007

3.-We will make our nation safer by implementing the recommendations of the independent, bipartisan 9/11 Commission.

H.R. 1, "Implementing the 9/11 Commission Recommendations Act of 2007." passed 299-128, Jan. 9th, 2007

4.-We will make our economy fairer, and start by raising the minimum wage. We will not pass a pay raise for Congress until there is an increase in the minimum wage.

H.R. 2, "Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007." passed 315-116, Jan. 10th, 2007

5.-We will promote stem cell research to offer real hope to the millions of American families who suffer from devastating diseases.

H.R. 3, " Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act." passed 253-174, Jan. 11th, 2007

6.-We will make health care more affordable for all Americans, and we will begin by fixing the Medicare prescription drug program, putting seniors first by negotiating lower drug prices.

H.R. 4, "Medicare Prescription Drug Price Negotiation Act." passed 255-170, Jan. 12th, 2007

7.-We will broaden college opportunity, and we will begin by cutting interest rates for student loans in half.

H.R. 5, "College Student Relief Act of 2007." passed 356-71, Jan. 17th, 2007

8.-We will energize America by achieving energy independence, and we will begin by rolling back the multi-billion dollar subsidies for Big Oil. Pending...Vote is taking place right now.

1.-We will start by cleaning up Congress, ending the link between lobbyists and legislation.

H.Res. 6, Title II, "Adopting the Rules of the House of Representatives for the One Hundred Tenth Congress." passed 430-1, Jan. 4th, 2007

H.Res. 6, Title V, "Adopting the Rules of the House of Representatives for the One Hundred Tenth Congress." passed 280-152, Jan. 5th, 2007

3.-We will make our nation safer by implementing the recommendations of the independent, bipartisan 9/11 Commission.

H.R. 1, "Implementing the 9/11 Commission Recommendations Act of 2007." passed 299-128, Jan. 9th, 2007

4.-We will make our economy fairer, and start by raising the minimum wage. We will not pass a pay raise for Congress until there is an increase in the minimum wage.

5.-We will promote stem cell research to offer real hope to the millions of American families who suffer from devastating diseases.

6.-We will make health care more affordable for all Americans, and we will begin by fixing the Medicare prescription drug program, putting seniors first by negotiating lower drug prices.

H.R. 4, "Medicare Prescription Drug Price Negotiation Act." passed 255-170, Jan. 12th, 2007

7.-We will broaden college opportunity, and we will begin by cutting interest rates for student loans in half.

8.-We will energize America by achieving energy independence, and we will begin by rolling back the multi-billion dollar subsidies for Big Oil. Pending...Vote is taking place right now.

Al, they didn't seriously want to know... B) This Congress has already achieved more than the last one, but don't expect these guys to ever recognize that fact.

Update---The final vote on the bill -- the sixth of six items Democrats had vowed to pass in 100 hours of legislative action -- was 264 to 163, with 36 Republicans crossing the aisle to support the Democrat-sponsored bill.

This was done in only 42 hrs. of the 100 hrs. of floor time. :thumbsup:

Talk to us Al about that minimum wage hike to make things fairer for all. That would be all except Samoa wouldn't it? But there is a reason for Nancy to exempt Samoa from the hike in minimum wage.

Paul Pelosi owns a $17 million investment in H. J. Heinz's company, which in turn owns ~75% of Del Monte Corp's stock. Del Monte is the parent company of StarKist. StarKist Tuna owns one of the two packing plants on American Samoa. Combined both plants employ over 60% of the population paying less than $3.75 a hour in wages.

If the exemption for Samoa has been lifted, I haven't seen or heard of it, have you?

Talk to us Al about that minimum wage hike to make things fairer for all. That would be all except Samoa wouldn't it? But there is a reason for Nancy to exempt Samoa from the hike in minimum wage.

Paul Pelosi owns a $17 million investment in H. J. Heinz's company, which in turn owns ~75% of Del Monte Corp's stock. Del Monte is the parent company of StarKist. StarKist Tuna owns one of the two packing plants on American Samoa. Combined both plants employ over 60% of the population paying less than $3.75 a hour in wages.

Check redstate.com again...

UPDATE: It has come to our attention that sourcing for the claim that Paul Pelosi might have a financial stake in Del Monte via an investment in Heinz is dubious. We regret the error.

:thumbsdown:

If the exemption for Samoa has been lifted, I haven't seen or heard of it, have you?

American Samoa's wages are already reviewed every two years by representatives who are appointed by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Labor. But, Speaker Pelosi is already addressing your concerns, Tigermike.

"I have asked the Education and Labor Committee, as they go forward with the legislation, to make sure that all of the territories have to comply with U.S. law on the minimum wage," Pelosi announced yesterday.

LINK

LINK

LINK

H.Res. 6, Title V, "Adopting the Rules of the House of Representatives for the One Hundred Tenth Congress." passed 280-152, Jan. 5th, 2007 - We'll see how well this 'resolution' goes. I'm guessing it's nothing but an empty promoise.

H.R. 1, "Implementing the 9/11 Commission Recommendations Act of 2007." passed 299-128, Jan. 9th, 2007 - We've already had a bipartisan commission. This is simply grandstanding and costing tax payers more $$.

H.R. 2, "Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007." passed 315-116, Jan. 10th, 2007 - Nothing is ' fairer' when the Fed Gov't forces employers to artificially raise wages. More shallow promises.

- This is nothing new. Bush alread has promoted stem cell research. In fact, he was the 1st President to do so.

H.R. 4, "Medicare Prescription Drug Price Negotiation Act." passed 255-170, Jan. 12th, 2007 - 'Fixing it' ? How ? There in lies the rub. Gov't control of the private sector = fascism. The Democrats are fascists.

H.R. 5, "College Student Relief Act of 2007." passed 356-71, Jan. 17th, 2007 - Not everyone deserves or NEEDS to go to college. Our colleges are greatly overfilled as it is. Throwing more $$ at students only artificially inflates the college ranks and maintains a false economic boom for that segment of society.

8.-We will energize America by achieving energy independence, and we will begin by rolling back the multi-billion dollar subsidies for Big Oil. Pending...Vote is taking place right now. - How about opening up drilling in ANWR, or off the coast of Florida ?

Update---The final vote on the bill -- the sixth of six items Democrats had vowed to pass in 100 hours of legislative action -- was 264 to 163, with 36 Republicans crossing the aisle to support the Democrat-sponsored bill.

This was done in only 42 hrs. of the 100 hrs. of floor time. :thumbsup: - And with very little real work to show for it.

Pelosi has been in charge for a lot more than 100 hours. Are the democrats redefining time now? So what if it's literally 506 hours after the start of the congressional session? I mean, what's 400 or so extra hours among friends?

H.Res. 6, Title V, "Adopting the Rules of the House of Representatives for the One Hundred Tenth Congress." passed 280-152, Jan. 5th, 2007 - We'll see how well this 'resolution' goes. I'm guessing it's nothing but an empty promoise.

I doubt this is an empty promise. The Dems saw it work before and know that it is what it will take to undo the budget deficits the republicans have created.

H.R. 1, "Implementing the 9/11 Commission Recommendations Act of 2007." passed 299-128, Jan. 9th, 2007 - We've already had a bipartisan commission. This is simply grandstanding and costing tax payers more $$.

There's a difference between having a commission and implementing its findings. I'm sure doing all of it will cost taxpayers $$, but, are you saying that you'd trade safety to save a few bucks?

H.R. 2, "Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007." passed 315-116, Jan. 10th, 2007 - Nothing is ' fairer' when the Fed Gov't forces employers to artificially raise wages. More shallow promises.

Sure it's fair. The minimum wage hasn't been raised in 10 years. The employers are getting present-day work out of their employees, why shouldn't they pay present-day dollars for it?

- This is nothing new. Bush alread has promoted stem cell research. In fact, he was the 1st President to do so.

He also vetoed H.R. 810, the only time he's used that pen.

H.R. 4, "Medicare Prescription Drug Price Negotiation Act." passed 255-170, Jan. 12th, 2007 - 'Fixing it' ? How ? There in lies the rub. Gov't control of the private sector = fascism. The Democrats are fascists.

The Gov't. isn't controlling the private sector at all. The drug companies, just like all other healthcare providers, are free to "sell" their services at the NEGOTIATED price or not. I'm in the diagnostic imaging business and if I want to do MRI's on Medicare patients then I accept the Medicare amount. If I don't want to scan them at that price, they can go somewhere else. Same as with other insurances. But, I'm sure if you came into my center you would gladly pay the full amount instead of just your Blue Cross co-pay because you wouldn't want my fee dictated to me in some fascist way. I'm not surprised to see you come down on the side of pharmaceutical companies vs. the taxpayers.

H.R. 5, "College Student Relief Act of 2007." passed 356-71, Jan. 17th, 2007 - Not everyone deserves or NEEDS to go to college. Our colleges are greatly overfilled as it is. Throwing more $$ at students only artificially inflates the college ranks and maintains a false economic boom for that segment of society.

Whether one DESERVES to go or NEEDS to go shouldn't be an obstacle to them having the opportunity to go. Cutting the interest rate of student loans affects neither their deservedness nor their necessity for a college education.

8.-We will energize America by achieving energy independence, and we will begin by rolling back the multi-billion dollar subsidies for Big Oil. Pending...Vote is taking place right now. - How about opening up drilling in ANWR, or off the coast of Florida ?

You confuse energy independence with Mideast oil independence. An alcoholic doesn't lose his dependence on alcohol by simply switching bars. Renewable energy sources are the way we should be moving, not just looking for other pockets of oil.

There's a difference between having a commission and implementing its findings. I'm sure doing all of it will cost taxpayers $$, but, are you saying that you'd trade safety to save a few bucks?

But I am sure he would trade his civil liberties for it.

But I am sure he would trade his civil liberties for it.

No, he'd trade SOMEONE ELSES for it.

Archived