Bama Bobo Honker of the Day

GalensGhost

The Bama Bobo Honker of the Day Award goes to NBC-13 television anchor and WJOX radio host Jim Dunaway. A long-time Bobo Honker, Dunaway is a shoo-in for the Bama Bobo Honking Hall of Fame, a near-certain first balloter. It's surprising that he didn't take the first daily Bobo Honking Award, but he quickly made up ground yesterday.

Dunaway earned the award for attempting the following spin during his Dunaway and Brown broadcast yesterday afternoon around 4 p.m. Dunaway was talking about, what else, Alabama football when he dropped to his knees and vigorously bobbed and honked. He noted that Saban's "wish list" for assistant coaches included Jimbo Fisher, Jason Garrett and Lane Kiffin. He used this as evidence that Saban was only "going after the very best." The fact that none of these people returned Saban's calls or had any interest whatsoever is to Dunaway and his crimpson compadres somehow irrelevant. It's a similar argument used to deify Saban's recruiting efforts with the reports of "interest." And it's textbook bobo honking.

What I'd like to know is when I will be on the cover of People Magazine. I sent letters this week to Jennifer Garner, Carrie Underwood, Charlize Theron, Maria Sharapova, Ciindy Crawford, Jenny McCarthy, Ali Larter, Eva Mendes, Elisha Cuthbert, Poppy Montgomery, Emily Proctor, Anna Faris, Piper Perabo, Olivia d'Abo, Amanda Peet, Kate Winslet, Amy Smart and Stephanie March. I offered all of them the chance to join me in my wonderful home in Alabama and serve my needs. Even if I don't get a response, doesn't this CLEARLY indicate that I'm going after only the best and could obviously get any woman-servant I wanted? The logic flows, does it not?

Congratulations Jim. I've got a feeling you'll be the Tom Hanks of Bama Bobo Honking.

Why do you always omit Ms. Daschenal?

I'm not a complete idiot. I'm not like Saban bobbing the McKnight nob. I know you've got Zooey wrapped up. It's not like I can get EVERY delectable young lady out there. You can have one or two. And I'll tell everybody I didn't want them anyway.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Glad we understand each other.

I heard his little diatribe yesterday as well. It was quite comical listening to his explain to the masses why no one had ever heard of the Alabama assistant coaches.

Glad we understand each other.

I heard his little diatribe yesterday as well. It was quite comical listening to his explain to the masses why no one had ever heard of the Alabama assistant coaches.

Yes, it was "backhanded Auburn compliment" moment:

Who ever heard of Al Borges, Bobby Petrino or Gene Chizik, either? That was the spin. I suppose Major Appledump, Bill Bupkiss and Goober Pyle are all of the same stature. I've never heard of any of the bama coaches other than Applecart and him only as a player. But by Dunaway's estimation, since we'd never heard of Borges, Petrino or Chizik that means that Bama clearly won the coaching staff battle because theirs are even MORE unknown.

I also liked how he said that "Nick didn't get EVERY assistant he went after, but he got every one he wanted."

I was like... huh???

Dunaway also deserves honorable mention award for his whining defense of Mark Gottfried. He used the classic "everybody does it" excuse in defending Bama's implosions on the road this season. He ran down the scores from Tuesday night's action, noting that Georgia beat KY, Ole Miss beat UT, LSU lost and Florida barely won at MSU. Since other coaches also lost games (none by more points than they scored in the entire second half) then Gottfried should be excused for losing games. I like this excuse. Why were you drinking son? Everybody else was, dad. Why were you getting stoned? Everybody else was, dad. It's a classic.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Yea, from your mother!

Yes. She's made a mint selling them to $aban knobslobberers. Like taking candy from babies.

Straight cash, homey.

The Bama Bobo Honker of the Day Award goes to NBC-13 television anchor and WJOX radio host Jim Dunaway. A long-time Bobo Honker, Dunaway is a shoo-in for the Bama Bobo Honking Hall of Fame, a near-certain first balloter. It's surprising that he didn't take the first daily Bobo Honking Award, but he quickly made up ground yesterday.

Dunaway earned the award for attempting the following spin during his Dunaway and Brown broadcast yesterday afternoon around 4 p.m. Dunaway was talking about, what else, Alabama football when he dropped to his knees and vigorously bobbed and honked. He noted that Saban's "wish list" for assistant coaches included Jimbo Fisher, Jason Garrett and Lane Kiffin. He used this as evidence that Saban was only "going after the very best." The fact that none of these people returned Saban's calls or had any interest whatsoever is to Dunaway and his crimpson compadres somehow irrelevant. It's a similar argument used to deify Saban's recruiting efforts with the reports of "interest." And it's textbook bobo honking.

What I'd like to know is when I will be on the cover of People Magazine. I sent letters this week to Jennifer Garner, Carrie Underwood, Charlize Theron, Maria Sharapova, Ciindy Crawford, Jenny McCarthy, Ali Larter, Eva Mendes, Elisha Cuthbert, Poppy Montgomery, Emily Proctor, Anna Faris, Piper Perabo, Olivia d'Abo, Amanda Peet, Kate Winslet, Amy Smart and Stephanie March. I offered all of them the chance to join me in my wonderful home in Alabama and serve my needs. Even if I don't get a response, doesn't this CLEARLY indicate that I'm going after only the best and could obviously get any woman-servant I wanted? The logic flows, does it not?

Congratulations Jim. I've got a feeling you'll be the Tom Hanks of Bama Bobo Honking.

Hey! Keep you mitts of Charlize Theron! She's already a secret commit to me! :big:

Archived