Curry Interview with Chattanooga Station.

DKW 86

Questions the insane money spent on Coaches, Facilities, etc. Boosters egos.

About 40% of the way through it, they talk about comments by Stallings on the "Alabama Mafia."

Advice for Saban" "Win EVERY GAME, Beat Auburn 356 days a year."

http://wrcbtv.com/141_6068.m3u

About 40% of the way through it, they talk about comments by Stallings on the "Alabama Mafia."

What about the other nine days? B)

What about the other nine days? B)

Pagan Holidays???

The only thing I can say about this interview is that the very premise that Gene Stallings talked about a Bama Mafia is a lie. Although I am not a Finebaum fan, I listened to Coach Stallings on there back in December before the Saban hiring. It was right after Curry had said several things on ESPN that were very similar to what he said on this interview.

Coach Stallings said, in essence, that there is no such thing as an Alabama Mafia and that he didn't know what the heck Curry was talking about. He said the only problem he ran into was the new AD, Bockrath, that he didn't get along with and that no boosters, alumni, etc...ever tried to tell him how to run his program. He went on to say that Curry didn't seem like a legitimate man to comment on Alabama football. He then said that no coach who is serious about winning ballgames leaves Alabama for Kentucky. Not unless he is a basketball coach.

I am sure Terry Bowden would give Auburn a fantastic review in an interview if asked about Lowder or the "Auburn Mafia".

I don't know if he was or not. I have heard that he is not a Franchione fan, but I have never heard or seen him say it.

I know that if offered he would take the Alabama job in a second. He has offered twice. Once after the Price debacle and again during the latest drama, although he said that it he would only do it for a short term hire. I do not think Coach Stallings really wanted to leave, but he could not deal with Bockrath. The excuse of retiring to spend more time with John Mark seems a bit contrived. Especially considering John Mark's love for everything Alabama. I read an article recently that talked about the fact that they have to keep Alabama game videos playing in his room all the time.

I personally am glad that Coach Stallings wasn't asked to return. Not because I don't think he is a great coach, but because I wouldn't want his reputation tarnished if he failed. He is a folk hero right now. If he came back and was unable to do well at 70, he would probably be remembered as the old guy who didn't know when to quit rather as a winner to quit at the top of his game.

Pagan Rituals involve Virgin Sacrifice, a rubber chicken, marmalade and weedeater.... ;)

Family reunion DKW?

Yeah, With my weird Uncle "Ray" and a broad named Margaret.

Coach Stallings said, in essence, that there is no such thing as an Alabama Mafia and that he didn't know what the heck Curry was talking about. He said the only problem he ran into was the new AD, Bockrath, that he didn't get along with and that no boosters, alumni, etc...ever tried to tell him how to run his program. He went on to say that Curry didn't seem like a legitimate man to comment on Alabama football.

So I guess Stallings went thru 4 different OCs in 5 years just for the hell of it? Sorry possum, but my UAT insiders know that Stallings was criticized over and over again within the REs and Alumni Association for his overly conservative Offense. Mal Moore was the only OC Stallings didnt fire within a year, and he had to win an MNC to keep his job an extra year. Finebaum will tell anyone that Stallings would be there still if only he wouldnt be so "stubborn."

The only thing I can say about this interview is that the very premise that Gene Stallings talked about a Bama Mafia is a lie.

Curry didn't even hesitate when he was asked about it. Further, he went on to minimize the question by saying all schools have their 'mafia'.

its a river in africa, right?

Coach Stallings said, in essence, that there is no such thing as an Alabama Mafia and that he didn't know what the heck Curry was talking about. He said the only problem he ran into was the new AD, Bockrath, that he didn't get along with and that no boosters, alumni, etc...ever tried to tell him how to run his program.

That's because Stallings was already cheating as hard as he could. :poke:

Coach Stallings said, in essence, that there is no such thing as an Alabama Mafia and that he didn't know what the heck Curry was talking about. He said the only problem he ran into was the new AD, Bockrath, that he didn't get along with and that no boosters, alumni, etc...ever tried to tell him how to run his program.

That's because Stallings was already cheating as hard as he could. :poke:

cheating = the REAL bammer tradishun

Archived