1/2 Hour News Hour

AUChizad

Ok, let me preface this by saying I consider myself a conservative.

However, I can laugh at the Daily Show and The Colbert Report, and see them as nothing but satire not to be taken too seriously.

And they're both really funny.

So Fox News is attempting to compete by putting a conservative humor show on the air.

Ok, looks fine on paper. David Zucker (Airplane, Naked Gun) did some pretty funny ads for the RNC (

, and
). Trey Parker & Matt Stone are right-leaners who put that out there in South Park and movies like Team America, and it works well. Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn was a funny show in my opinion. Mallard Fillmore is a funny comic strip. Conservatives have the ability to be funny.

But this is just an embarassment.

First of all, it couldn't be a more blatant ripoff of the Daily Show. Except it's not at all funny. The terrible laugh tracks just top it off at how desperately unfunny it is. Let alone the racist undertones.

This is going to set the conservative "hipness factor" back a decade at least.

However, I can laugh at the Daily Show and The Colbert Report, and see them as nothing but satire not to be taken too seriously.

It is amazing how many people DO consider these shows their primary source of news and information. Enjoy what's left of our time at the top! Our great-grandkids will be working for Indians (New Delhi type) and the Chinese.

Did anyone watch this after Hannity's America? It is pretty funny. It's like Saturday Night Live except funny with a conervative spin. They made fun of Hillary, Obama (BO magazine), and the ACLU.

Did anyone watch this after Hannity's America? It is pretty funny. It's like Saturday Night Live except funny with a conervative spin. They made fun of Hillary, Obama (BO magazine), and the ACLU.

I didn't catch it. But I posted about it last week.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=35029

I saw the ACLU jab, that was funny. I didn't see it coming. I was thinking, "Man, FOX is really digging a hole they're not going to be able to get out of with this skit." Then the guy pulled out an ACLU card... it would have been hilarious if it weren't so true.

Archived