UGA picked, not AU

boddatiger99

Folks, I just learned that a girl who works in our office has chosen UGA over my beloved AUburn. Why you ask? Wanted to be closer to home (we live in ATL)? No. Grew up a Bulldog fan? That's laughable. No, she loves Auburn. During summer 06 I drove her and her mom down and we toured. I showed them around and they fell more in love with AU.

Money talks doesn't it? Blasted HOPE scholarship! Guess I can't really blame her. 27k cost to go to AU, 9k cost to go to UGA. And before you say it, yes, she applied for every scholarship known to man. Yes, she's top of her class. But Auburn had to keep upping the ante. Limited space meant higher requirements for scholarships...especially out of state, according to her.

So, I'm desperate. Any rich ALUM with $108,000 to spare? C'mon, somebody please help. There's a soul that hangs in the balance!

(Maybe start a website: www.myauburndream.com? See if we can raise the money?)

You think I'm kidding.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks, I just learned that a girl who works in our office has chosen UGA over my beloved AUburn. Why you ask? Wanted to be closer to home (we live in ATL)? No. Grew up a Bulldog fan? That's laughable. No, she loves Auburn. During summer 06 I drove her and her mom down and we toured. I showed them around and they fell more in love with AU.

Money talks doesn't it? Blasted HOPE scholarship! Guess I can't really blame her. 27k cost to go to AU, 9k cost to go to UGA. And before you say it, yes, she applied for every scholarship known to man. Yes, she's top of her class. But Auburn had to keep upping the ante. Limited space meant higher requirements for scholarships...especially out of state, according to her.

So, I'm desperate. Any rich ALUM with $108,000 to spare? C'mon, somebody please help. There's a soul that hangs in the balance!

You think I'm kidding.

Yep. Personally, I think the lottery is a great idea. Especially since I have three kids to educate.

You think I'm kidding.

Yep. Personally, I think the lottery is a great idea. Especially since I have three kids to educate.

Yeah. Pretty good deal.

So, no good ideas...anyone...????

Smart girl.

Any objective, non-fan should choose UGA over Auburn (and UA too) if they had the choice. That place is becoming the Harvard of the South.

Smart girl.

Any objective, non-fan should choose UGA over Auburn (and UA too) if they had the choice. That place is becoming the Harvard of the South.

Actually Harvard has become the Georgia of the North

Smart girl.

Actually Harvard has become the Georgia of the North

:roflol:

I love the great state of Alabama. I would not want to live anywhere else, but sometimes I question the unwashed masses.

It wasn't so long ago that the people of this fair land elected a governor named Don Siegelman. Ole Dandy Don only had one real platform during his campaign: establishing a lottery to fund education. Only a short while after putting him in office, many of these same people who voted for him in the gubernatorial election went to the polls and voted again. This time they voted to oppose a state lottery.

Although I am not a member of any political party, I was pretty well shocked. That was a real head scratcher for me.

BTW: I only got 2 numbers this Tuesday on the Mega-Millions. It's up over $100 million again. If I win, I'll chip in on the proceeds for this young lady. Provided she cheers for Alabama football while attending Auburn University. Seems only fair.

More people will (and did) vote in a general election than on an amendment. That's why it failed.

That, and the millions of Alabamians who cling to every word spoken by their "preacher."

More people will (and did) vote in a general election than on an amendment. That's why it failed.

That, and the millions of Alabamians who cling to every word spoken by their "preacher."

Here here, something me and you agree on 100%.

You think I'm kidding.

Yeah. Pretty good deal.

So, no good ideas...anyone...????

I think the website is a good idea. Name it something like www.sendmetoauburn.com and have people donate.

So....If there are excess funds available from the carwash and bake sale, hook me up... I'm from metro-ATL, but never even considered uga -> I told my dad that I'd rather go to Gwinnett Tech or Perimeter than go to athens....

A serious suggestion...join your local AU Alumni Club.

The Atlanta Auburn Club sponsors some scholarships that send people from their area to the Plains.

http://www.atlantaauburnclub.org/

You Can Help Us Send Metro Area Tigers to AU

The Atlanta Auburn Club is a nonprofit organization with 501©(3) status held by its

Roy B. Sewell Memorial Scholarship Fund. Every year charitable contributions made to this fund help the AAC finance scholarships for graduates of metro Atlanta high schools to attend Auburn University.

To help young Tigers get to Auburn, send your tax-deductible donation to AAC Treasurer Janet Mertz. You can e-mail her at treasurer@atlantaauburnclub.org. Please make your check out to the Roy B. Sewell Memorial Scholarship Fund.

More than 17,000 Auburn alumni call the metro Atlanta area home – a total second only to Lee County, Ala., home of Auburn University.

Here's a link to all the clubs in your area.

http://www.alumni.auburn.edu/clubs-nonAL/GA.html

ga.gif

I love the great state of Alabama. I would not want to live anywhere else, but sometimes I question the unwashed masses.

It wasn't so long ago that the people of this fair land elected a governor named Don Siegelman. Ole Dandy Don only had one real platform during his campaign: establishing a lottery to fund education. Only a short while after putting him in office, many of these same people who voted for him in the gubernatorial election went to the polls and voted again. This time they voted to oppose a state lottery.

Although I am not a member of any political party, I was pretty well shocked. That was a real head scratcher for me.

BTW: I only got 2 numbers this Tuesday on the Mega-Millions. It's up over $100 million again. If I win, I'll chip in on the proceeds for this young lady. Provided she cheers for Alabama football while attending Auburn University. Seems only fair.

News to Bama Possum...Dandy Don is going to jail.

If we had of voted in the lottery, he would be going to jail....a rich bastard. And every good ole'boy involved in the lottery would be a rich bastard.

You think I'm kidding.

Im from GA. Took advantage of that hope scholarship, until i transfered. Pretty good deal. UGA is a good school, she can still be a AU fan at UGA.

Archived