Cheney for VP in 2004?

DKW 86

Cheney has health concerns and likely could not run on his own in 2008.

I suggest the Republicans take the next step and name a very qualified Black or female candidate as VP.

I would nominate Condoleeza Rice or JC Watts for VP in 2004.

Let's discuss.

I'd love to see Condy as the VP in 2004, but it appears that isn't going to happen. It's a little late in the game to switch, I would think.

That wouldn't prevent from giving her a more and more prominent role in things over the next four years if Bush wins, thus setting her up for a run in 2008.

Could we start a "Draft Condy Rice for '08" website? :D

I suggest the Republicans take the next step and name a very qualified Black or fermale candidate as VP.

Let's discuss.

If she's so qualified then why wouldn't you want her as a presidential candidate?

I suggest the Republicans take the next step and name a very qualified Black or fermale candidate as VP.

Let's discuss.

If she's so qualified then why wouldn't you want her as a presidential candidate?

Um, because we have a candidate for 2004 already? Putting on the ticket in '04 as a VP would help set her up for a presidential run in 2008 if Bush is reelected.

Won't work. You gotta carry the south to win and at this time, a black candidate still will not pass on the south. I love Condi, but I'm just one vote. Many southerners are still not looking at the person and just focussing on the race. This is the fault of the NAACP in that instead of lifting up black individuals, they are forcing all blacks into one mold.

I think Condi is more than qualified, but the racial climate in america today suggests it will not happen.

Won't work. You gotta carry the south to win and at this time, a black candidate still will not pass on the south. I love Condi, but I'm just one vote. Many southerners are still not looking at the person and just focussing on the race. This is the fault of the NAACP in that instead of lifting up black individuals, they are forcing all blacks into one mold.

I think Condi is more than qualified, but the racial climate in america today suggests it will not happen.

CCT I think you are underestimating the south too.

Rice is one of us. She is a Bham native. Nominate her and watch the slow groundswell.

I would hope you are wrong. But I just don't know.

However think how conflicted that would make the democrat and liberal voters, Jessie Jackson. A black woman from Birmingham, Al. Good gosh would that get madia play!

Well, Oklahoma elected J.C. Watts several times...I think you're underestimating the South.

This ain't OK. Get out of the cities and you still have the same old attitude ALL OVER the south. Don't confuse us with an educated society. We, as a whole, are not. If you added ANY black candidate to GWB's ticket, he would lose the south and the presidency. I didn't say I liked it, I'm just saying to look around you and notice ALL the people you live with.

OH MY GOD!!! You are so busted!!! Anytime I or Donut or CShine or anyone else has suggested that racism is still alive and well and plays a part in the everyday lives of blacks in America you have been one of the first to whip out some lame excuse about how the jobs are available if only they weren't so lazy from relying on the "gubment" their whole lives!!! Now you want to say that fully educated and more than qualified Condi couldn't get the votes??? Because she's...black???

OH MY GOD!!! You are so busted!!! Anytime I or Donut or CShine or anyone else has suggested that racism is still alive and well and plays a part in the everyday lives of blacks in America you have been one of the first to whip out some lame excuse about how the jobs are available if only they weren't so lazy from relying on the "gubment" their whole lives!!! Now you want to say that fully educated and more than qualified Condi couldn't get the votes??? Because she's...black???

What I suggested was that yor beloved NAACP has set up the stage so that, in the south, people won't vote for her because the NAACP has made everyone lump blacks into the same category. Go back up and read the reference I made to that earlier.

Sometimes the smoking gun is, unfortunately, the one you just missed your head with!

Oh, so you're saying that it's the NAACP's fault that the white voters are, presumably, too ignorant to separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak? You're saying the NAACP is causing the whites to remain racist??? You poor little victim.

Oh, so you're saying that it's the NAACP's fault that the white voters are, presumably, too ignorant to separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak? You're saying the NAACP is causing the whites to remain racist??? You poor little victim.

He is also saying that the NAACP has made it impossible for blacks to support other blacks who do not toe the NAACP/Jesse Jackson/liberal/black as victim party line. Rice and Powell have already been called Uncle Toms and worse for working for a Republican. Imagine if one of them threw their hat into the ring alongside a white Republican! And yes, some people, and not just in the South, are still so ignorant that they canot see the shining examples of good that are mixed in with the horrible examples of the bad, or the middle ground between the two when it comes to race in America, because the NAACP doesn't get involved in promoting successful black Americans - they only focus on the negative and the willingness to portray blacks as victims. And just like most of the liberal agenda, it turns people off.

I disagree - I think a black Vice President would not kill the ticket. if anything, I think the woman part would hurt Condi more than the color of her skin. And I think JC Watts would be fabulous.

I don't think it's white folks that wouldn't allow a Condi or Powell to get elected president at this point, though many white racists might vote against them. I think clear-thinking white conservatives would come out in "droves" to support one of them.

It's the racist blacks that would not allow it to happen. That vote would still go blindly to the commiecrats as it always has.

It's the racist blacks that would not allow it to happen. That vote would still go blindly to the commiecrats as it always has.

They couldn't be really black if they don't think & act & vote just like Jessie & Al and vote a straight democratic ticket. :rolleyes:

J. C Watts received plenty of darts, dirt and snubs from the Black Caucus because he was republican & conservative.

He is also saying that the NAACP has made it impossible for blacks to support other blacks who do not toe the NAACP/Jesse Jackson/liberal/black as victim party line.  Rice and Powell have already been called Uncle Toms and worse for working for a Republican.  Imagine if one of them threw their hat into the ring alongside a white Republican!  And yes, some people, and not just in the South, are still so ignorant that they canot see the shining examples of good that are mixed in with the horrible examples of the bad, or the middle ground between the two when it comes to race in America, because the NAACP doesn't get involved in promoting successful black Americans - they only focus on the negative and the willingness to portray blacks as victims.  And just like most of the liberal agenda, it turns people off.

I disagree - I think a black Vice President would not kill the ticket.  if anything, I think the woman part would hurt Condi more than the color of her skin.  And I think JC Watts would be fabulous.

So, playing along with your reasoning, the whites are being forced to be racists because the NAACP is forcing blacks to be racists??? But, yet, blacks in America aren't discriminated against by a society that is overwhelmingly full of white racists? Again, I'm playing along with your reasoning.

And, just out of curiosity, if EVERY black person in America were swayed by the NAACP to vote against poor little Condi, how many votes do you think the Republicans would lose??? Not many. But, that's beside the point. CCT said that Condi couldn't be elected because of racism in America. She's a Republican. Republican's are probably what, 95% white. If there's no racism, as you would surely point out to a liberal making the claim for discrimination, then how could she not get elected??? How could she lose in the south???

It's that 50 gallon drum theory again. Look around you and see how many people would "percieve" a nomination such as that to be part of the "black/NAACP" agenda whether or not it really is. I feel both are qualified. But I do not think the average Joe would think about it other than having another minority shoved down their throats by the NAACP even though it would have nothing to do with them. It is still a conditioned response on the part of white america. Maybe in time it will change, but it won't if the public ever feel like it's coming from anywhere except them.

It's that 50 gallon drum theory again. Look around you and see how many people would "percieve" a nomination such as that to be part of the "black/NAACP" agenda whether or not it really is. I feel both are qualified. But I do not think the average Joe would think about it other than having another minority shoved down their throats by the NAACP even though it would have nothing to do with them. It is still a conditioned response on the part of white america. Maybe in time it will change, but it won't if the public ever feel like it's coming from anywhere except them.

First off, as a non-profit, tax exempt organization, the NAACP is prohibited from endorsing political candidates, so perception of the NAACP shoving a candidate down anybody's throat would be due to the ignorance of the voter. Or, are you claiming that Republicans, as voters, are ignorant and therefore unable to make an informed decision when it comes to the candidates? If so, then that would go a long toward explaining some things.

But, nevertheless, I'm still not following your logic. You're saying that Rice couldn't get the southern vote because she's black (discrimination), but you have said in other posts that the reason blacks lag behind in this country is not because of racism (discrimination) but because they're either too lazy to go to school or get a job and would rather rely on the "gubment."

You seem to be saying that we live in a society that's so racist that a black woman can't be elected, yet you've said before that black people's failings are entirely of their own making because they're never qualified enough, educated enough or dedicated enough, not because of anything to do with race.

Someone was reading my mind on this topic, I was thinking dropping Cheney and picking up Powell for VP would be the perfect step for Bush, not only for the support he would gain in the US, but also for working with other countries, Powell is very well respected outside the US. Cheney is probably a very sharp business man and politician and has done quite a bit of good behind the scenes as VP. But as a Presidential candidate, I think he is a none starter in 2008. I think if Bush looked really hard at his VP candidiate for 2004, he could lock up the election for 2004 and do the country a great long term service in healing our racial divide...

First off, as a non-profit, tax exempt organization, the NAACP is prohibited from endorsing political candidates, so perception of the NAACP shoving a candidate down anybody's throat would be due to the ignorance of the voter. Or, are you claiming that Republicans, as voters, are ignorant and therefore unable to make an informed decision when it comes to the candidates? If so, then that would go a long toward explaining some things.

But, nevertheless, I'm still not following your logic. You're saying that Rice couldn't get the southern vote because she's black (discrimination), but you have said in other posts that the reason blacks lag behind in this country is not because of racism (discrimination) but because they're either too lazy to go to school or get a job and would rather rely on the "gubment."

You seem to be saying that we live in a society that's so racist that a black woman can't be elected, yet you've said before that black people's failings are entirely of their own making because they're never qualified enough, educated enough or dedicated enough, not because of anything to do with race.

Yep, you got it. You always do have th eupper hand. Now go and convince your demoncrat candidates to put a black onthe card. Yeah, that's what I thought. You know "exactly" what I'm saying. You are just slinging your crap once again. If anyone at this time puts a black on their ticket, they will not win the south. period. Whether that is good or bad does not matter. It will not happen. You can bring up your point, counter-point all you want. It still won't work. That's just the way it is. YOU, living close enough to the rural south should see this. But like I said, it's hard to see anything outsoide of that drum.

And yeah, the NAACP don't endorse nobody. BWWAAAAABWWAAAAAA

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Just have to say I am really enjoying this discussion.

I would vote for Rice, Watts, Powell. I would bet even money that the first woman and black president will both be Republicans.

I have a question for you guys. Do the Dems only allow those Blacks they know have no chance of winning to run for President? There has to be some balck Dem somewhere better than Sharpton, Moseley-Braun, and Jackson. Frank? Ford in TN for one could be a good candidate. But why do they only run the unelectable candidates? Could they only be offering lip service to electing black pols?

Archived