MLB 2007 Season

AUJarhead

Man it's a good feeling to have a team you route for going to the play offs. It has been few and far in between. 2003 was a lot of fun to watch and Wrigley is going to be jumping! I can't wait to watch!

Jarhead, I am semi out of pocket so I can't really pick out an avatar picture..any Cubs logo will do though... :big:

Oh wait, I guess we have to wait until after today though officially becasue you still have a chance to catch me "before" the play offs start...

How's this? I've always like Ryne...

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, the anarchist in me wants to see the following happen today:

* Padres lose

* Mets, Phillies and Rockies win

4 teams with 89-73 records. Two tied for the division, three tied for the wild card. It'll take them at least 2-3 days to play that off.

Well, that scenario didn't unfold, but if the playoffs are as good as tonight's wild-card tiebreaker, then there's some good stuff in store.

Well, that scenario didn't unfold, but if the playoffs are as good as tonight's wild-card tiebreaker, then there's some good stuff in store.

You just have to wonder how much Colorado will have in the tank after the 13 inning stressful tiebreaker game.

My Cubs first game reverse pschology prediction:

Carlos Zambrano loses his cool after giving up 5 runs over 2 and 1/3 inning and gets tossed for argueing balls and strikes with the ump. The bullpen takes over and doesn't give up a run again through 7. The Cubs peck away by scoring 1 run in the 4th )Soriano homer) and 3 in the 5th. The leadoff hitter gets onn in the sixth knocking Webb out of the game. The Cubs get that run in in the 6th and that's all the scoring until the 8th. The Cubs get runners on in the 8th but don't score bringing in Ohman who promply gives up 2 back to back making the score 7-4.The Cubs load them up scoring 2 in the ninth but fail to get the tieing run across...ball game over.

Great pitching matchup in game 1, though. I like the cubs lineup much better than the DBacks, but I'm worried about the Cubbies pen. With their lineup, Cubs have a much better margin of error than Arizona. I say Cubs in 4.

Great pitching matchup in game 1, though. I like the cubs lineup much better than the DBacks, but I'm worried about the Cubbies pen. With their lineup, Cubs have a much better margin of error than Arizona. I say Cubs in 4.

I hope you are right. It depends on which Zambrano comes out game to game that will have a big impact in each series the Cubs play. Actually the bull pen has pitched well down the stretch. Wood has been good and Marmol and Howry are realy good set up men. Dempster, as breath taking as his saves are, is like 27 of 30 in saves opportunities this year. So I like the pen. Hopefully they won't have to pitch much in the first couple of games so they will be rested.

I too like the Cubs line up over the D-backs. But somehow the d-backs have won over 90 games this year...so they get it done some how. They are young though so we should see how play off bal affects them!

I hope you are right. It depends on which Zambrano comes out game to game that will have a big impact in each series the Cubs play. Actually the bull pen has pitched well down the stretch. Wood has been good and Marmol and Howry are realy good set up men. Dempster, as breath taking as his saves are, is like 27 of 30 in saves opportunities this year. So I like the pen. Hopefully they won't have to pitch much in the first couple of games so they will be rested.

I too like the Cubs line up over the D-backs. But somehow the d-backs have won over 90 games this year...so they get it done some how. They are young though so we should see how play off bal affects them!

Agreeance. If Big Z pitches well tonight, I think they get enough momentum to win this series.

As long as they don't put Dempster in before the 9th, the bullpen will be just fine IMO.

This does not excite me at all.

Cardinals dismiss GM Jocketty

Posted: October 3, 2007

Sporting News

Walt Jocketty's days as Cardinals general manager are over, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch is reporting.

Assistant general manager John Mozeliak was to be named interim GM at a press conference Wednesday afternoon. Chairman Bill DeWitt was expected address the reasons for Jocketty's dismissal rather than allowing Jocketty to resign.

Jocketty had been signed to a contract that runs through next season, and it appears he reached a contract settlement agreement with DeWitt on Wednesday morning.

Hired in 1994, Jocketty has a close relationship with Tony LaRussa, whose contract also was set to run through 2008. LaRussa has been rumored to be pondering leaving the club, and it's unclear how or if the change in general manager will affect the manager's future, the newspaper reported.

Link

Mother%#$%#$^%G#$%#$R@#$%%$UY$%H%$%$^#$RT#$GH#$%@#$!@R@#RT@#%$@#$@#$@#$!@$!@$!@$!@$!@$!@$!@$H^Y*^&*%$Y@#%%$*&%^$^.

Yeah, the Cubs are back...

Sorry, guys. I gotta think you'll win game 3. Your top 4 batters can't continue to bat like they have. They are much better than that.

The TBS execs are praying for some comebacks right now...a Rockies-D'backs NLCS might be the least-watched playoff series in history.

Does my heart good to see the Yankmes down 0-2, though.

Go Tribe!!!

Who would have thought that the lowly Indians would have the best pitching staff in the AL this year? Not even the biggest Cleveland fan would have believed it. We ended up with Joe Freakin' Borowski after Keith Foulke retired and I for one certainly thought that we were doomed.

But with C.C. Sabathia leading the way and two 19-game winners on staff, The Tribe has managed to grab a spot on the ALCS. We need to keep those bats hot against a good Boston staff and finally go win a World Series. We're due, right???

I'm rooting for a Tribe/Rox World Series. And I wouldn't mind seeing Cleveland win it. The Jake is a great place to watch a game.

I'm rooting for a Tribe/Rox World Series. And I wouldn't mind seeing Cleveland win it. The Jake is a great place to watch a game.

Aah, they're still s***ty

They may or may not finish off Arizona, but the Rockies' current stretch of 19-1 deserves a tip of the cap. That's impressive enough in May, but to do it in the heat of a playoff race...mightly impressive.

They may or may not finish off Arizona, but the Rockies' current stretch of 19-1 deserves a tip of the cap. That's impressive enough in May, but to do it in the heat of a playoff race...mightly impressive.

Up 3-0, I'd say they are well on their way to the WS. That is a remarkable story, it looks like they peaked at the perfect time. Rox vs. Sox would make for an entertaining World Series, assuming the Sox can win a couple at the Jake.

No offense to Boston fans, but I'm getting about as sick of them as I am the Yankees.

GO TRIBE!

Rockies finish the sweep...21-1 in their run. That's just insane.

It doesn't really matter to me because I always watch at least some of the World Series, but I imagine that the network execs are really hoping Boston rallies.

A Cleveland-Colorado WS doesn't promise to be a ratings bonanza.

No offense to Boston fans, but I'm getting about as sick of them as I am the Yankees.

GO TRIBE!

Not enjoying the offseason, eh?

GO BOSOX!

P.S. Wanna take Crisp and Lugo off our hands? For free, even!

Yeah, this whole October thing sucks when your team isn't in it.

I think Boston is going to win in 7.

Not sure who I like in the World Series.

Yeah, this whole October thing sucks when your team isn't in it.

I think Boston is going to win in 7.

Not sure who I like in the World Series.

I am afraid the Rockies may have had too much time to cool off by the time the WS starts, but I will be rooting for them whichever AL team they play.

Archived