MLB 2007 Season

AUJarhead

Did you guys see that shot that E'cion took over the weekend? Season is done, maybe career. I've bashed the guy for a year now, but I hate to see this happen to anyone.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you guys see that shot that E'cion took over the weekend? Season is done, maybe career. I've bashed the guy for a year now, but I hate to see this happen to anyone.

I didn't get to see that, but I heard last night that both he and Rolen are gone for the season. I didn't hear any of the details though, what happened?

By the way, division race notwithstanding, I hated to hear they had lost both of them. If I weren't a Cubs fan, I would have a man crush on Rolen, Pujols and Edmonds.

You tube link.

And then the blog on stltoday.com.

Cardinals outfielder Juan Encarnacion will miss the remainder of the season after sustaining multiple fractures to his left eye socket and an injury to his left eye, the team announced Saturday morning.

Encarnacion’s long-term prognosis is undetermined, according to an official club statement. The injuries to eye and their severity could be considered career-threatening.

The right fielder remained at a local hospital receiving treatment Saturday afternoon.

Goodness, that is terrible. Prayers out to him and his family for a complete recovery.

I just hope he can recover to lead a normal life. Baseball is secondary at this point.

Dear Baseball Gods,

I hate the Dodgers. I hate people who bleed Dodger Blue. And I hate Tommy LaSorda more than Irwin Fletcher does.

That is all.

Well, I'm disappointed in it. Should he be suspended? No, it was legal at the time he took it. If he pops positive for it now, yes, he should be suspended.

Just when I get ready to stick a fork in the Cubs...both the Cardinals and Brewers lose. I am not sure if any team wants to win here. And if they do, I will be shocked if whoever wins the central plays more than 4 games in the post season!

Just when I get ready to stick a fork in the Cubs...both the Cardinals and Brewers lose. I am not sure if any team wants to win here. And if they do, I will be shocked if whoever wins the central plays more than 4 games in the post season!

The Central representative may have a losing record if this keeps up. 1 game back now, but a lot of baseball to lose um..er play.

And a make up for the Cubs/Cards today. Must win game for the Redbirds. We lose this one, we could be 4 games back at the end of the day.

Good luck guys.

And a make up for the Cubs/Cards today. Must win game for the Redbirds. We lose this one, we could be 4 games back at the end of the day.

Good luck guys.

Still 3 back of both. I can't beleive the Cubs actually won a "must win" game this year. Every time they have an opportunity to do something big they lose two of three in Pittsburgh or get swept in Houston.

Good luck down the stretch, beat the Brewers...

I'm like War Eagle, every time I proclaim the Cards dead and buried, they are like zombies and keep coming.

Do the Cubs have any games left against the Brewers? This 4 game series this weekend against the Cubs in Busch is going to bury someone.

Yeah, no kidding, Chopper. If the team were looking for a good time to hit a nice 8 game winning streak, tomorrow would be a good day to start.

I'm like War Eagle, every time I proclaim the Cards dead and buried, they are like zombies and keep coming.

Do the Cubs have any games left against the Brewers? This 4 game series this weekend against the Cubs in Busch is going to bury someone.

Interestingly enough, no more against your red birds or the Brewers this year. 4 straight loses in the homer dome though, coming off a series loss at Pittsburgh. :angry:

EDIT: I must have read the wrong schedule. Looks like this weekend will finish off either the Cards, the Cubs or both...

Good luck Jarhead and Chopper. This one will make the difference one way or the other.

Yeah. So close. I think that pretty much does it for this season. At least St Louis will have some say in who wins the Central. 3 left against both CHI and MIL.

jarhead

i'm in st. louis for business. going to see the cards play philly tomorrow night. i'll be pulling for them. also looking forward to seeing the new stadium.

Hope you enjoy it! It's starting to grow on me, but I still miss Busch II. There is still a good bit of construction outside the stadium, where old Busch was. I expect in 3 or 4 years, it will be something like Wrigleyville.

Archived