MLB 2007 Season

AUJarhead

Yeah. So close. I think that pretty much does it for this season. At least St Louis will have some say in who wins the Central. 3 left against both CHI and MIL.

That was a good all around series for the Cubs, possibly the first in a month or so. Hopefully this will springboard them into the playoffs.

12 to go and only a 1 game lead... :no:

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll try to take care of the Brewers for ya next week. Hopefully, they will throw Wainwright in one of them. Nothing better than being a spoiler!

Why does Tito insist on killing Boston's season?

I'll be damned. I've seen enough managerial stupidity in this season alone to last me a lifetime. If he causes us to lose the East, I'll be for giving him the boot.

Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one.

I'd like Terry Francona, our "manager", right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey s*** he is! Hallelujah! Holy sh*t! Where's the Tylenol?

In all seriousness, Tito is blowing it, ranger12. That, and the absence of bats, Julio Lugo's lack of hustle, Manny's back, and the fact that a trained seal has a better chance getting through an inning 1-2-3 than Eric Gagne.

My blood literally started to boil when I found out that that bafoon was going to waste a Beckett start against Kazmir Friday night. What a waste! Beckett will pitch well, but will likely get a no decision thanks to the fact that we couldn't hit water if we fell out of a boat.

The AL East is over. Roll it up and smoke it. We're only 1.5 up and fading fast. Say hello to the playoffs' "backdoor" once again.

Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one.

I'd like Terry Francona, our "manager", right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey s*** he is! Hallelujah! Holy sh*t! Where's the Tylenol?

Maybe

will cheer you up.

And I felt dirty last season doing that tomahawk chop on the final weekend of the season last year, but it ended up working out ok for the Cards.

TV in St Louis is reporting that Pujols is out for the season. Sorry, Cubs fans, not sure we're going to be much help to you guys when we play the Brewers next week.

TV in St Louis is reporting that Pujols is out for the season. Sorry, Cubs fans, not sure we're going to be much help to you guys when we play the Brewers next week.

You got to be kidding. First the Stros pitch a rookie AND the don't pitch Oswalt. Now, the Cards are without Pujols...figures.

However, Griffey Jr. did look like he pulled his groin last night so I doubt we see him next week in Cinci.

Maybe

will cheer you up.

And I felt dirty last season doing that tomahawk chop on the final weekend of the season last year, but it ended up working out ok for the Cards.

Oh, I felt perfectly fine hopelessly cheering for the mighty Orioles to mount a comeback win against Chamberlain and Rivera. Next up? The Jays and the Rays. Great, just great!

It's just so frustrating -- to see Manny ride the pines after hitting seven out of thirty-four BP balls out the pahk. Don't get me wrong, I love Manny and what he's done for our organization. But, I've never bought into the whole "That's just Manny being Manny" bunk. It's about time he found his way back onto the field.

We just got swept by the freaking Jays, face Kazmir tomorrow, and have a series with Minnesota at home in which we'll be sure to get Santana.

J.D. Drew, Alex Cora, and Julio Lugo, despite their extremely high salaries, struggle to hit their weight. Thank God for Pedroia and Ellsbury.

Think about what we had in 2004. Only eight of those twenty-five are still here. My point is, it took everything and then some to win the World Series with those guys. I'm predicting a first round bounce for these AAAA players. Thank you, Tito and Theo.

At any rate, Go bosko9.gif!

i have to say i have seen some incredible baseball this week. started out with a phillies/cards game on monday. cards down 11-1 or 11-0 going in the 6th. they ended up loosing 13-11 but what an effort in the come back.

then last night @ wrigley. cubs over reds 3-2. first time there. wrigley was rocking.

best business trip for me in 7 years.

Anyone hearing the rumor that A-rod could be playing with the Cubs next year? That would be SWEET!!! The deal is he wants part ownership in the club along with the new owners coming in. The only propblem with that would be what to do with Theriot. He is one of my favorite players right now but I would think he would probably be odd man out with DeRosa staying at 2nd base. Holy crap how would that line up look. Soriano, Lee, Ramirez and A-Rod...I could dig that!!!

Oh and by the way...the magic number is 4 in case anyone is wondering!!! :big:

That would be a killer lineup for sure. I'm not sure that players can have contracts that include ownership, though. Any word on who is going to buy the Cubs?

Anyone hearing the rumor that A-rod could be playing with the Cubs next year? That would be SWEET!!! The deal is he wants part ownership in the club along with the new owners coming in. The only propblem with that would be what to do with Theriot. He is one of my favorite players right now but I would think he would probably be odd man out with DeRosa staying at 2nd base. Holy crap how would that line up look. Soriano, Lee, Ramirez and A-Rod...I could dig that!!!

Oh and by the way...the magic number is 4 in case anyone is wondering!!! :big:

A-Rod back to SS? That probably would be sweet, but I will not hold my breath on that one.

Hopefully the number will be 3 at day's end, but I still like the Cubs chances even w/o Pujols. The Padres are in a must win situation too.

Pat Hughes said he would probably be available to pinch hit this week, was the injury worse than first thought or was Hughes thinking wishfully?

That would be a killer lineup for sure. I'm not sure that players can have contracts that include ownership, though. Any word on who is going to buy the Cubs?

You are right. I just read an article that said MLB players are not allowed to have ownership on a team or the right to discuss future ownership with a team. I am not sure what is going to happen with A-Rod, but I hope he leaves NY. Yankees fans don't deserve to keep him after the way they treated him last year. THe 2 teams I am hearing are the Cubs and Red Sox. But the money is ridiculous. Rumors speculate at $300 million over 10 years...that's freaking nuts! I don't see how the Cubs could do that kind of a deal, especilly since the Cubs are up for sale.

The one thing the Cubs have going for them is Lou though. Him and A-Rod are real tight and A-Rod calls him a second father back from their days in Seattle. However, Lou is only on a 3 year deal and said he is not going to manage any more after that...so I doubt A-Rod would make his decision based on that.

Sorry, guys.... At this point, I just want Pujols to get one more RBI so he can end the season with 100.

Ned Yost is a COMPLETE idiot. I started watching the Brewer/Cards game after the Cubs lost last night only to watch Yost put in a pitcher to intentionally hit Pujols in the 8th inning. At this point, they were down only 1 run with a chance to come back. When they hit Pujols, you can tell, the whole focus of the game changed for St. Louis. They ended up scoring 4 or 5 runs that inning after the plunking.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad he did it...but WHAT THE HELL???? St. Louis was obviously reeling and they had beaten the Cards by a combined score of over 20 something the past two nights. Chicago had lost, it was a time to get within one game...and Yost throws a pitcher out there to intentionally hit the Cards best player. The Cards have something to play for now and it showed last night in the 8th inning. If the Brewers don't make the play-offs...especially if the Cubs don't win 3 of the next 4...I lay this on Yost. He had the Cards where he wanted them and he screwed that up. I wouldn't be suprised if the Cards kept up the momentum from last night and beat the Brew Crew pretty good today!

Up 2, magic number is 3, and the Brew Crew play the Padres this weekend? Relax guys, you got it. Padres are fighting for their lives, too. I know, I know, you'll feed me a line about it being the Cubs, but relax. You got a great manager, and he won't let this slip away.

I see what you are saying, and to be completely honest, I am not too worried. However, if the Brewers had cut it to 1 game last night I would be panicing a bit. But, the point was...Why did Yost do that knowing he had a chance to cut the lead to 1 game? Just don't understand it...they sent that guy in the game to hit pujols when they are in a pennant race. I just don't understand....

Sorry, guys.... At this point, I just want Pujols to get one more RBI so he can end the season with 100.

As long as it is tonight's game winner I will be happy...

By the way...you hear that Griffey Jr. AND Dunn are out this weekend??? Sweet!!!!

Magic Number is 2! No way do you guys go 0-3 and Brewers go 3-0 over the next three days.

Now, just please root for Pujols to score 3 runs over the last three games. He's at 97 now, and if he scores 100, he will be the first person to ever start a career with a .300 BA, 100 RBI, 30HR, and 100 R in each of his first seven seasons (he already has the record to start a career with 6 seasons).

Well, congrats to the Cub and Red Sox fans here...I have no emotional investment in any of the playoff teams this year, so good luck to your teams.

It would be f'in hilarious to see the Mets finish off their collapse tomorrow, though.

7 games up on September 12 to 1 game back on September 28...that's quite a fade.

Man it's a good feeling to have a team you route for going to the play offs. It has been few and far in between. 2003 was a lot of fun to watch and Wrigley is going to be jumping! I can't wait to watch!

Jarhead, I am semi out of pocket so I can't really pick out an avatar picture..any Cubs logo will do though... :big:

Oh wait, I guess we have to wait until after today though officially becasue you still have a chance to catch me "before" the play offs start...

Archived