AUJarhead

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go Cubs Go

Go Cubs Go

Hey Chicago, what do you say

The Cubs are gonna win today.

Excuse me...the first place Cubs...are going to win today.

Woo hoo. Now, if they can keep the goats and Bartman away from Wrigley the rest of the year... :big:

I have no comment to register at this time pertaining to the Cardinals. <_<

I do.

When does football season start?

War Eagle!!!, it's 2 to 4 weeks. The Brewers are sucking wind right now, just tread water, and you guys will be fine.

I have no comment to register at this time pertaining to the Cardinals. <_<

I do.

When does football season start?

War Eagle!!!, it's 2 to 4 weeks. The Brewers are sucking wind right now, just tread water, and you guys will be fine.

Hopefully it will only be 4 weeks. I guess it depends on how bad the strain is. You are right though about the Brew Crew, hopefully we can stay close and then make a strong push in September when we get him back. The Cubs are very deep though and we should be able to feel in with Fontenot and they will probably bring up Pie. Those two guys should be decent...it's just hard toreplace a guy like Soriano in the line-up.

What concerns me most of all though is 2 things:

1) The lack of a good lefty out of the pen. The Cubs have a decent bullpen with Marmol, Dempster, Howry, and now Wood, but none are left handed. Also, Lou pitches those guys in "win" situations. We don't have any relievers to come in when the game is close or we are behind. Like last night...the Cubs score 2 in the 7th to pull with in 2 and make it a ballgame again. Ohman comes in and loads the bases with no one out and ultimately gives up the 2 we scored in the bottom of the 7th.

2) Defense from the catcher position. The Mets KILLED us last night in stolen bases. Had they not been able to run the bases so freely last night, it would have been a different ballgame. I saw a stat this week that the Cubs have only thrown out like 8% of base stealers this year. That has to get better if the Cubs have any chance to go far this year.

That has to get better if the Cubs have any chance to go far this year.

Just get to October. Anything can happen. See last year. Cubs will win the Central by 4 games.

Wow. Cubs bring up Eric Patterson from Georgia Tech. I knew he was paying well but had no idea he would be brought up before Pie. One thing I like about the Cubs organization, if you play well...you are going to have a shot at the bigs. He may have been brought up to hit lead off which is where he is used to hitting. However, I will be suprised if he leads off and starts tonight because I think Fontenot will get the majority of the playing time...but, we will see! GO CUBBIES!!!

AUJarhead and Chopper...we need some help from yall the next 4 days! The braves are only 2 back in the WC and could use some padres losses...

Tied a MLB Record last night with 10 straight hits. This team baffles me. They play (no offense to any Bucs or Nats fans) two of the worst teams in the NL and get taken to the woodshed. They play the Pads, one of the better teams in the NL, and they look like gangbusters.

&^%&.....*$##......$@........%##$

Let me add... $#%#$^^& %$^&%$&%$...#$^$^%$^%$^&$%^&%$...#$%^#$^@#%$@#$!

The next 2-4 weeks will show if it's another case of "here we go again" or if the rest of the team can will their way through to the playoffs.

Me thinks it's time for DLee and Ramirez to take another step up and make it happen.

The next 2-4 weeks will show if it's another case of "here we go again" or if the rest of the team can will their way through to the playoffs.

Me thinks it's time for DLee and Ramirez to take another step up and make it happen.

yeah...well...guess what...they found a team and it is now going to be 4 to 6 weeks...

yeah...well...guess what...they found a tear and it is now going to be 4 to 6 weeks...

yeah...well...guess what...they found a team and it is now going to be 4 to 6 weeks...

yeah...well...guess what...they found a tear and it is now going to be 4 to 6 weeks...

Son of a....#$%%#$^%$&%$^#$^#$^&%$ %#$%@#%$@#%$!

Why, oh why to the karma gods hate the Cubs so much???

Rick Ankiel called up for the Cards tonight. Since we can't send him back to AAA without putting him on waivers, I'd expect him to get a decent amount of playing time. Spiezio put on the restricted list for a substance abuse problem.

In keeping with out this season has been going, we'll go on a nice 5 game win streak, pull within 3 games of the Brewers, and then drop 8 straight....

Rick Ankiel called up for the Cards tonight. Since we can't send him back to AAA without putting him on waivers, I'd expect him to get a decent amount of playing time. Spiezio put on the restricted list for a substance abuse problem.

In keeping with out this season has been going, we'll go on a nice 5 game win streak, pull within 3 games of the Brewers, and then drop 8 straight....

Sorry I haven't been on a lot lately, been traveling with my boss. B)

Watching the game now on MLB... Good stuff to see Ankiel back! Standing ovation as he came to the plate.

Didn't hear about Spiezio...that's a shame. He had character, even if he wasn't lighting it up this year.

I think you're dead on with the prediction, but you never know....

1-0 into the 7th..... this is a barnburner... but it's our "1"....so.... :thumbsup:

Awesome storyline with Ankiel so far. I hope he keeps the strong hitting up, except against the Cubs of course...

Freaking H U G E series with the Cards this week. We got them at home so anything less than 3-1 will be dissappointing, and may cost the Cubs the NL Central. Good luck. Enjoy. Should be good fun!!!

Freaking H U G E series with the Cards this week. We got them at home so anything less than 3-1 will be dissappointing, and may cost the Cubs the NL Central. Good luck. Enjoy. Should be good fun!!!

Yeah, Cards really need to take 3 here. At worst, split it. Figure that we'll drop Sunday b/c of Z pitching.

Good luck, you Cubbie Bears...

...knocking on wood for a good series!

I think the Cards are coming in with a winners mindset... Which is different from before. Seems some of the moves LaRussa has made has paid off.

It's nice to have Rolen hot again. That's been missing for a while.

I though Zambrano was struggling a little? We might be catching him in the right series at the right time.

We'll see!

Should be a good series! :cheer:

I think the Cards are coming in with a winners mindset... Which is different from before. Seems some of the moves LaRussa has made has paid off.

I though Zambrano was struggling a little? We might be catching him in the right series at the right time.

We'll see!

Zambrano. Spanish for "I own St Louis."

We'll see!

Yeah, I know... 5-0 vs. The Cards.

If Zambrano is like La Quinta, then it could also be "Zambrano. Spanish for "Over with". Or..."High Speed Internet"....or "Free hot breakfast"...hahaha....

We'll see!

You are wrong...Zambrano. Spanish for "Flipping head case"...

He has had 2...maybe 3 bad outings in a row. Not sure what is going down. I think he has put too much pressure on himself and is trying to do to much. When batting, he has broken his bat over his knee and also slammed his helmet down after not beating out a grounder at first. He needs to concentrate on pitching and anything that he can get while in the batters box is just a bonus...

We'll see!

He has had 2...maybe 3 bad outings in a row. Not sure what is going down. I think he has put too much pressure on himself and is trying to do to much. When batting, he has broken his bat over his knee and also slammed his helmet down after not beating out a grounder at first. He needs to concentrate on pitching and anything that he can get while in the batters box is just a bonus...

Zambrano...spanish for catcher hater.

I can only hope that he gets back to his old form for this series, and Lilly gets past his last outing against the Reds... This series will go very far in telling the NL Central outcome this year. I am starting to believe that it will come down to these two teams when the dust settles, as the Bad Beer Boys are starting to implode.

We'll see!

Zambrano...spanish for catcher hater.

I can only hope that he gets back to his old form for this series, and Lilly gets past his last outing against the Reds... This series will go very far in telling the NL Central outcome this year. I am starting to believe that it will come down to these two teams when the dust settles, as the Bad Beer Boys are starting to implode.

Game's actually on WGN today at 1. :thumbsup:

Archived