Political Ad Of The Year.

otterinbham

You talk about something that totally nails our collective sense of unease with HRC, and that's it. The groupthink. The carefully programmed double speak. The cold impersonal nature. The string of broken careers and lives of those who opposed her.

A chill goes up my spine when I think what she could do to this country. Add her four years to GWB's disastrous eight years in office, and we could be seeing a cataclysmic era in American history, one as bad as the 60s and 70s or the Great Depression.

That's why the country is clinging so fervently to people like McCain and Giuliani. They're tired of the cold, calculating ideologues on both ends of the political spectrum to whom politics is blood sport, and just want somebody sane, competent and decent to occupy the Oval Office. Not that I think McCain or Giuliani are perfect candidates, but they come the closes to fulfilling what the American public truly craves in their president.

If I had to choose between Obama or Hilary, then it would be Obama by a landslide. Most of the liberals I have personally spoken too, even so hard core liberal professors, do not think she has a chance to win if she got the nomination. As one of my college professors said, "the dems would be shooting themselves in the foot again by nominating her".

We got into a political discussion in my US History class, the one ran by the professor I just quoted, about Clinton and Obama. My professor in this class is very liberal and also an atheist, just to give you how non-conservative he is and he and I do debate quite frequently. Most of us, my professor included, does not think Hilary or Obama can win if they are nominated.

First, because we thought the country was still not ready for a female president, especially with the threat of terrorism looming over us. Then because of that, most of us agreed that a candidate with the last name "Obama" was going to have a hard time becoming president. Are those reasons sexist and racist? You bet they are, but that does not change the fact that is the way probably the majority of Americans think, yet most will not admit to those reasons if asked. It was interesting to note that nobody in the class did not think Obama would not win because he was black.

You talk about something that totally nails our collective sense of unease with HRC, and that's it. The groupthink. The carefully programmed double speak. The cold impersonal nature. The string of broken careers and lives of those who opposed her.

A chill goes up my spine when I think what she could do to this country. Add her four years to GWB's disastrous eight years in office, and we could be seeing a cataclysmic era in American history, one as bad as the 60s and 70s or the Great Depression.

That's why the country is clinging so fervently to people like McCain and Giuliani. They're tired of the cold, calculating ideologues on both ends of the political spectrum to whom politics is blood sport, and just want somebody sane, competent and decent to occupy the Oval Office. Not that I think McCain or Giuliani are perfect candidates, but they come the closes to fulfilling what the American public truly craves in their president.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Archived