Fred Thompson for President

TitanTiger

Tex, don't even get me started on the Clintons if you want to start comparing what they have done and gotten away with to Fred Thompson buying Cuban cigars.

Tex, don't even get me started on the Clintons if you want to start comparing what they have done and gotten away with to Fred Thompson buying Cuban cigars.

Ranger, I asked a valid question. We have an embargo on Cuban products. If valid questions about a Republican make you reflexively go off on Clinton rants, go ahead. But if that's the case, Thompson's advice for Moore might be good for you, too.

My position on the Cuban embargo is that it's stupid and hypocritical. Every reason we have for boycotting Cuba fit China just as well but we trade with them. Personally, I'd lift the embargo just for the sake of consistency.

So it really doesn't bother me that Fred manages to score some Cuban cigars for himself. In Catholic parlance, there are mortal and venial sins. This would definitely be the latter.

My position on the Cuban embargo is that it's stupid and hypocritical. Every reason we have for boycotting Cuba fit China just as well but we trade with them. Personally, I'd lift the embargo just for the sake of consistency.

So it really doesn't bother me that Fred manages to score some Cuban cigars for himself. In Catholic parlance, there are mortal and venial sins. This would definitely be the latter.

I feel the same way. But what would you think if Thompson supports the embargo?

I'd think he's being political on the issue to keep Florida in play like just about every other major candidate. And while it would be a knock, it would be a minor one as Cuba policy isn't very high on my list of priorities. If he had the stones to level with the Cuban population in South Florida and tell them it was time for it to end because it's not working and is inconsistent, my admiration would only go up exponentially.

As long as they don’t close Havana, all is fine! They have “The Best Cuban Food In Town!”

The Villa Habana Restaurant is also very good.

Cohiba in Delray Beach also has great food.

Who cares about cigars? Did Bill use a Cuban or a King Edward?

As long as they don’t close Havana, all is fine! They have “The Best Cuban Food In Town!”

At least Fred knows what a cigar is for... ;)

Guest Tigrinum Major

As long as they don’t close Havana, all is fine! They have “The Best Cuban Food In Town!â€Â

Swisher Sweet. Closer to being anatomically correct.

I think that JFK should have finished off that sociopathic, murdering scum at the Bay of Pigs before he lost his nerve. If he would have given the exiled Cubans air support, then we wouldn't even be debating Fred Thompson's prediliction for Cuban cigars, despite the embargo against Cuba. Oh well, so is the story of history. I still think that JFK was a decent Pres. though.

I'd think he's being political on the issue to keep Florida in play like just about every other major candidate. And while it would be a knock, it would be a minor one as Cuba policy isn't very high on my list of priorities. If he had the stones to level with the Cuban population in South Florida and tell them it was time for it to end because it's not working and is inconsistent, my admiration would only go up exponentially.

I agree with that.

Archived