Great Bo Video

DKW 86

Man against boys. I was there and saw it all live myself and remember the acceleration by people on the corners; but what jumps out at me now is the vision he had once he got through the line of scrimmage, he really accelerated and found the open spaces like no other running back I have seen since, not even Reggie Bush...

I just laugh when people talk about AD or Reggie Bush being fast :roflol: Bo didn't blow guys by one step.....anyone notice how similar the run against Georgia around right end was to the James Brooks run from another reel?

What is funny is how we all see different things. His speed first off, but what I had forgotten is how punishing he was. Man he ran hard and delivered the blow.

Bo did something that only a few backs in the history of football could do. Some of you are too young to recall what it was like watching Tony Dorsett and OJ Simpson (Yeah, I know). Just a couple that come to mind that had IT too.

The ability to make you hold your breath every time they touched the ball, because you knew there was a very real chance this one was going to the house.

There have been tons of great, Hall of Fame backs like Payton, Barry Sanders, Emmit Smith etc. All are deserving and great in their own way. Many guys were shiftier, maybe had better moves, better hands...whatever. I'm not saying Bo was better. But very few took a pitch out and made you say, "He...could...go....all...the....waaaaayyyy".

This video is evidence that somewhere out there, a whole slew of 40 something year old ex-football players are standing around saying, "I almost tackled Bo Jackson...once."

What is funny is how we all see different things. His speed first off, but what I had forgotten is how punishing he was. Man he ran hard and delivered the blow.

Yeah, I've watched this clip a few times and started looking at what happened to all the DBs that got in his way. I place them in one of two categories -- either knocked out of the way or knocked completely off their feet & out of the way. Either way, most take their sweet time getting back up. :thumbsup:

Archived