Why does this not surprise me?

AU alum

It was a tad over the top. Shula was in over his head at bammer, but that doesn't mean he couldn't be successful at some lesser level like D-1AA or high school. Barfield was a pretty rotten college head coach but a pretty decent high school one at Opelika.

Just another stupid and classless PF remark. The title of this thread sums up what I think about it. Only in America can I guy like PF make a great living by being an idiot. I have heard PF crack on the professionalism of others before, but maybe somebody needs to make sure he knows the actual definition, because he is the last person that needs to criticize others about their professionalism.

i never thought about him going the D-1AA route, but yeah i guess i could see that. if the jaguars had hired him as head coach, i would agree with PF. but, he's a QB coach. even though he's not a good HC, i don't think he would be a bad QB coach for them. thats probably where he belonged in the first place. i don't think anyone would really argue that he can't produce a good QB. just my .02 though

Where is the stupidty shown?

I guess you're right. "Stupid" was not the word I should have used....rude, offensive,crude, idiotic, any of the above would work better.

Finebaum needs to just shut up about any coaches. What does he know about being a coach? For that matter, what does he know about playing any sport? I just bet that he has never played any sport in his life.

Coach Shula was in over his head at Bama, and that was our fault and not his. We knew his resume before he came here, and the fact that he had never been a head coach was not a hidden fact. Finebaum never misses a chance to insult this man, and I think that it is time to stop. Why does he question Coach Shula's ability to coach quaterbacks? At least Shula has played this position at the college level, where does Finebaum get his knowledge.

I think that it is time for people to stop insulting Coach Shula. He is a good man, and he truly loved this university, and was here when we needed him. We did him wrong, and for that I am embarrased. We should have never put one of our own in the position that we put him. If he was not qualified then we should have never made him our head coach. He's gone now, and moved on to another job, and Finebaum should just stay out of it, and not continue to insult the man.

It was a tad over the top. Shula was in over his head at bammer, but that doesn't mean he couldn't be successful at some lesser level like D-1AA or high school. Barfield was a pretty rotten college head coach but a pretty decent high school one at Opelika.

Few head coaches would have succeeded with the conditions Barfield was given.

Question: Did anyone ever hear an interview between PF and Shula? I'm sure it happened at a golf tournament or SEC Media Days or somewhere. I just never heard an interview between the two. But then, I don't listen very much anymore. The reason I ask is because Fineschlong seems to act like a 5 year old if he doesn't get his way and when certain folks don't grant interviews, much like Tubby has done recently, he tends to rip them a new one at every turn.

He was roasting CTT the last few weeks and it was obvious from his comments that he was pissed because Tubby wouldn't grant him an interview anymore. Then I think I heard him say he did an interview at the golf tourney and now Slimeschlong is saying, "Well, Tommy and I have always been friends...."

True, but I wouldn't say Shula inherited a situation that was any better. And Barfield had James Brooks, Joe Cribbs and William Andrews all in the same backfield.

True, but I wouldn't say Shula inherited a situation that was any better. And Barfield had James Brooks, Joe Cribbs and William Andrews all in the same backfield.

In some respects, but my recollection was that Barfield was required to keep Shug's coaches, including Paul Davis who had wanted the job. He was never really given full reign. Few coaches succeed in that kind of environment.

I'm not really sure Shula would be a success as an HC at any level. No discipline.

Shula = Ray Goff

Job was way over their head despite 1-2 decent years

What is Goff up to these days?

Shula = Ray Goff

Job was way over their head despite 1-2 decent years

What is Goff up to these days?

He is living around Athens and stays low.

He doesn't come around the team even though Richt has asked.

Finebaum needs to just shut up about any coaches. What does he know about being a coach? For that matter, what does he know about playing any sport? I just bet that he has never played any sport in his life.

Coach Shula was in over his head at Bama, and that was our fault and not his. We knew his resume before he came here, and the fact that he had never been a head coach was not a hidden fact. Finebaum never misses a chance to insult this man, and I think that it is time to stop. Why does he question Coach Shula's ability to coach quaterbacks? At least Shula has played this position at the college level, where does Finebaum get his knowledge.

I think that it is time for people to stop insulting Coach Shula. He is a good man, and he truly loved this university, and was here when we needed him. We did him wrong, and for that I am embarrased. We should have never put one of our own in the position that we put him. If he was not qualified then we should have never made him our head coach. He's gone now, and moved on to another job, and Finebaum should just stay out of it, and not continue to insult the man.

Lady, he thinks he is protecting or defending CNS on some level with the Shulas. CMS really did a noble job with the situation he found himself in. Not many men would have even taken the job. CDF ran from it.

Archived