23. Auburn 23. Texas A&M 23. TCU 23. Hawaii 23. TCU

24. Boston College 24. Miami 24. Penn State 24. Boston College 24. Boise State

25. Nebraska 25. TCU 25. Oregon State 25. Clemson 25. Oklahoma St

Anyone think LSU will be that good?

And Arkansas, with all their turmoil?

LSU, yes. Arkansas, no way.

LSU top 2-3? Not a chance

Top 10? Possible

Arkansas....I really am not sure...would love to say their turmoil will kill them but McFadden is the best player in College Football, imo

LSU top 2-3? Not a chance

Top 10? Possible

Arkansas....I really am not sure...would love to say their turmoil will kill them but McFadden is the best player in College Football, imo

I think LSU will be solid. I'm not so sure they are NC material like a lot of people are saying. Arkansas could go either way. I don't see them having a mediocre year. I think they will either bomb or win the West. It depends if all the "turmoil" pulls the team closer or tears them apart. IMO There will be no middle ground...

LSU top 3? No way.

Arkansas top 15? I wouldn't bet against McFadden, Felix Jones, and Monk. If the O-line comes around, they'll be able to put up 21 points a game, easy. Also, SEC defense is always tough.

Auburn 21 and 23? How many joints had they smoked?

I don't think I can handle another year of USC bobo honking. I hope another middle of the pack Pac 10 team beats them like UCLA did this past season. I think LSU is a Top 10 team right now, at the end of the season who knows. Arkansas should be ranked 15th or lower because they have no qb and Nutt is their coach.

I don't think I can handle another year of USC bobo honking. I hope another middle of the pack Pac 10 team beats them like UCLA did this past season. I think LSU is a Top 10 team right now, at the end of the season who knows. Arkansas should be ranked 15th or lower because they have no qb and Nutt is their coach.

A Booty family member will never win the National Title

If it's any consolation, neither will a member of the Claussen family.

Emu.jpg

Emu.jpg

Man, give a keyboard warning... :lol:

Anyone think LSU will be that good?

And Arkansas, with all their turmoil?

Lsu No way they are that good, no proven Qb and Miles is still the coach

Arky will have a tough time this year playing against 9 in the box

for lsu, running back is a bigger worry than qb. flynn is one of the best in the conference whether he sat behind the number one pick in the nfl draft or not. plus, miles isn't a problem. he's a 10-11 win coach every year in the sec so far... hard to knock him with any sort of validity at this point.

arkansas (i've been over this a lot) had no qb and played against 8-9 man fronts all of last year, and they have the best offensive player in this conference since bo jackson... so it doesn't matter. they're not going to fall off this year no matter what people think of nutt or dick (fun sentence).

usc won't win it all. ucla is gonna beat them again because they have a better defense and a better qb.

for lsu, running back is a bigger worry than qb. flynn is one of the best in the conference whether he sat behind the number one pick in the nfl draft or not. plus, miles isn't a problem. he's a 10-11 win coach every year in the sec so far... hard to knock him with any sort of validity at this point.

arkansas (i've been over this a lot) had no qb and played against 8-9 man fronts all of last year, and they have the best offensive player in this conference since bo jackson... so it doesn't matter. they're not going to fall off this year no matter what people think of nutt or dick (fun sentence).

Auburn was pretty mediocre in the late 70s with 3 all-pro RBs.

Besides, McFadden is one play away from injury. What if he goes down? Even misses a few key games?

Did I miss something? I looked and looked and I didn't see Alabama listed anywhere. Surely there is some mistake!

Did I miss something? I looked and looked and I didn't see Alabama listed anywhere. Surely there is some mistake!

King Sabear will surely take care of that.

Where is this man-love of Matt Flynn coming from? One game two years ago?

The guy may be all world, but then again, so was Ryan Marylou. Just ask him. Until Flynn goes through an SEC schedule and proves he's worthy, he's just a guy with a lot of potential.

flynn is one of the best in the conference whether he sat behind the number one pick in the nfl draft or not. plus

We will see. I know Flynn has a lot of talent but he has a new OC (which everyone seems to forget) and he has NOT started more than 1 game against a Miami team that was just not that great the year he played them.

I think LSWho lost a LOT last year but I know, I know...all LSWho fans will say they have super-duper 6-star players filling in, ext...ext...

the new coordinator is a totally valid worry. that could be a surprisingly huge impact, BUT miles had a solid offense at okstate. i think he's more of an offensive mind anyway. i just don't expect a ton of drop off from a group that wasn't a killer to begin with. the pt issue sounds even more hollow from a uga fan... you guys won the sec with a 3 year bench man on two short years ago. i care less about flynn's performance against miami than i do about jimbo fischer (a good good coach) considering him a valid alternative to russell even before the start of last year.

as for the "what if mcfadden gets hurt" thing... why go there? what if brandon gets hurt? auburn's going to have a rough time replacing him. what if tim tebow gets hurt? florida has no real backup. PLENTY of teams are one downed star away from mediocrity. you don't make predictions based on the possibility of a guy going down unless the guy has an undeniable track record of injury. mcfadden has none so it'd be ridiculous to predict arkansas' season based on the "what if he's hurt" scenario. (and a little sick/weird, since it means you contemplating the injury of a 20 year old)

the new coordinator is a totally valid worry. that could be a surprisingly huge impact, BUT miles had a solid offense at okstate. i think he's more of an offensive mind anyway.

Miles was and always has been an OL guy. He let Gundy run the entire Offense at OSU. Miles has rarely gotten into the actual offense calling and schemes.

the pt issue sounds even more hollow from a uga fan... you guys won the sec with a 3 year bench man on two short years ago. i care less about flynn's performance against miami than i do about jimbo fischer (a good good coach) considering him a valid alternative to russell even before the start of last year.

The issue isn't more hollow because I am a UGA fan...you just don't agree with it. Big difference. Shockley actually played in big/important games for 2-3 years. He never started but was the REASON we beat CU in 2002, the REASON we came back against UK in 2002, the REASON we lost to UF in 2002, ext...there is really not that much comparison to Flynn and Shockley's careers because DJ saw major PT in a solid amount of games before his senior year. Outside of one game, Flynn has played very little if any PT and not in any big games.

It's simple to interpret the media's analysis of LSU:

1. Tons of talent; plus

2. Auburn, Florida, Arky and South Carolina (and Virginia Tech) go to Death Valley, and UT is off the schedule. "Toughest" road games are at uat and Kentucky.

Hard to see, I think, how you don't rank them in the Top 5 . . .

as for the "what if mcfadden gets hurt" thing... why go there? what if brandon gets hurt? auburn's going to have a rough time replacing him. what if tim tebow gets hurt? florida has no real backup. PLENTY of teams are one downed star away from mediocrity. you don't make predictions based on the possibility of a guy going down unless the guy has an undeniable track record of injury. mcfadden has none so it'd be ridiculous to predict arkansas' season based on the "what if he's hurt" scenario. (and a little sick/weird, since it means you contemplating the injury of a 20 year old)

Even if McFadden gets hurt, they still have a top tier running back in Jones.

It's simple to interpret the media's analysis of LSU:

1. Tons of talent; plus

2. Auburn, Florida, Arky and South Carolina (and Virginia Tech) go to Death Valley, and UT is off the schedule. "Toughest" road games are at uat and Kentucky.

Hard to see, I think, how you don't rank them in the Top 5 . . .

Death Valley or whatever they call it, really isn't that bad, I mean UAB did go in there and win. Of course that was with the great sabahr as their coach. :poke:

Archived