Let the complaining begin, Luther Davis qualifies

BamaGrad03

I'll go ahead and say it for you...we paid somebody to take all his classes. We changed his grades. We cheated cheated cheated.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My LSU friends said that if Bama got this guy qualified, it would mark the end of the program. Nuclear wasteland. Apparently he's a less qualfiable version of Jerrell Powe.

Serious question: Do you smell fish? I do.

My LSU friends said that if Bama got this guy qualified, it would mark the end of the program. Nuclear wasteland. Apparently he's a less qualfiable version of Jerrell Powe.

That's a joke. The kid got a 17 on the ACT, and his grades before his last year showed good enough for him to only need an 18 on the ACT to be fully qualified. He made A's and B's this last semester and he ended up not needing to improve the ACT score.

So either one of two things happened...either we were paying of his teachers to give him decent/average grades from the 9th grade on, or AFTER he pissed of the entire state of LA and signed with Bama, his teachers decided to cheat for him.

I just don't see in that scenario where he had some miracle finish. If his grades were good enough BEFORE this year to only need an 18 to qualify...it's obvious that he wasn't doing that poor to begin with.

That's a joke. The kid got a 17 on the ACT, and his grades before his last year showed good enough for him to only need an 18 on the ACT to be fully qualified. He made A's and B's this last semester and he ended up not needing to improve the ACT score.

So either one of two things happened...either we were paying of his teachers to give him decent/average grades from the 9th grade on, or AFTER he pissed of the entire state of LA and signed with Bama, his teachers decided to cheat for him.

I just don't see in that scenario where he had some miracle finish. If his grades were good enough BEFORE this year to only need an 18 to qualify...it's obvious that he wasn't doing that poor to begin with.

Just curious, but how do you have all the details on his grades and scores? Those things, to my knowledge, aren't part of the public domain. Do recruits commonly release that info?

Just curious, but how do you have all the details on his grades and scores? Those things, to my knowledge, aren't part of the public domain. Do recruits commonly release that info?

That info comes from interviews with LD and his Head Coach. And you are right. That sort of info isn't released officially from the schools. But it usually gets out.

Come on guys, although some of these recruits like Luther Davis may not have a sterling history of academic excellence, let's not forget that high school is not rocket science. What I take out of this case is a young man who didn't want to waste his opportunity of playing college football. So, he studied harder. He made the grades. And it's not like his cirriculum included Organic Chemistry, Nuclear Physics, Astronomy, and an advanced course in Architecture. I don't know how many of you are young enough to actually remember high school, but I remember that if you weren't taking any of the advanced courses, then the cirriculum was pretty easy. Anyone who can read and applies themselves accordingly can make A's and B's in high school. Luther Davis did what he had to to qualifty. Congratulations to him.

I didn't run a scope up his butt to see what he had for dinner last night. I just know what the people around LSU football told me during recruiting season: If this guy gets qualified -- even for them -- there was something seriously fishy afoot. For what it's worth, these guys questioned some of the qualification "miracles" that happened under Saban's watch at LSU *coughchadlavalaiscoughcough*. At least one of them STILL worries that there are skeletons waiting to be animated that could inflict future damage.

LSWho knows all about qualifying those types

Signed,

Shyrone Carey

LSWho knows all about qualifying those types

Signed,

Shyrone Carey

Read the post above yours...

Did David Palmer take the ACT for him? <_<

David Palmer couldn't spell ACT if you spotted him the A and the C.

When I heard Nelly singing about his friend with a pole in the basement, I bet you can't guess what kind of pole I thought he was talking about! Tee hee.

This is a shot in the arm for our depth. Big time.

Or a kick in the groin to your program. Just sayin'.

This is a shot in the arm for our depth. Big time.

Or a kick in the groin to your program. Just sayin'.

And you call us the conspiracy theorists?

All I know is Tidesports was very non-commital about him qualifying. The idea that Alabama fans were waiting with bated breath for him to qualify says a lot.

I give even money he is in the School of Home Ec in General Studies.

This is from Tider Insider

TI: I know that grades are a personal issue. But how close are you to qualifying?

LD: I'm extremely close. I've got 71 total points on my ACT. I need 72. I will get that point when I take the test on June 9th. I'm preparing for it now. I'll get it and then I'll be in Tuscaloosa for the second summer term.

He seemingly has already passed a test he wasnt scheduled to take for 7 more days... :roflol:

All I know is Tidesports was very non-commital about him qualifying. The idea that Alabama fans were waiting with bated breath for him to qualify says a lot.

Sitting alongside Kerry Murphy?

My understanding is that his high school grades improved enough over the spring semester to allow him to settle for his current ACT score.

My understanding is that his high school grades improved enough over the spring semester to allow him to settle for his current ACT score.

Right....

Pumpkin eaters.

Sitting alongside Kerry Murphy?

Back in the Dubose era, Bama had a player named Gaines? that took and passed an ACT while simultaneously playing in the FL All-Star Game 300 miles away. But hey, why get suspicious?

I'm just repeating what I've heard.

I bet he knew of this situation before he signed up for spring classes. Guys, I highly doubt he was taking AP Biology this past term.

Did David Palmer take the ACT for him? <_<

Movie quote from "Blue Chips" Shaq said that test is racially and culturely biased. I tend to agree.

Right....

Pumpkin eaters.

what i don't understand is every time we get a big commit, we cheated. then when he qualifies, we cheated. every time, "i have a source in the (fill in team name here) program that says this is the end for alabama football.....yet we never hear about it. he graduated high school with good grades. why is that such a big deal? its not like graduating is as hard as building the space shuttle or anything. the clearinghouse qualified him. do you HONESTLY think the NCAA would pass up a chance to nail bama if something was wrong? do you HONESTLY think that ANYONE in Louisiana would be willing to help him cheat? that tin foil on your head must be blocking your view.....

I didn't run a scope up his butt to see what he had for dinner last night. I just know what the people around LSU football told me during recruiting season: If this guy gets qualified -- even for them -- there was something seriously fishy afoot. For what it's worth, these guys questioned some of the qualification "miracles" that happened under Saban's watch at LSU *coughchadlavalaiscoughcough*. At least one of them STILL worries that there are skeletons waiting to be animated that could inflict future damage.

But also remember, it's not as difficult to get into UAT as it is AU and some other SEC schools. B)

:au::homer:

Archived