Let the complaining begin, Luther Davis qualifies

BamaGrad03

what i don't understand is every time we get a big commit, we cheated. then when he qualifies, we cheated.

Sooooo...what is the part you don't understand? Harpers Bazaar says this has been going on with Bamar since, at least, 1929. It is Bamar's culture and legacy.... I lived through the Cheatin' Bahr years.... It wasn't pretty....

:au::homer:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet we never hear about it.

Thanks for the memories.

Sincerely,

Albert Means

Keep it down home, cuz.

My understanding is that his high school grades improved enough over the spring semester to allow him to settle for his current ACT score.

Right....

Pumpkin eaters.

what i don't understand is every time we get a big commit, we cheated. then when he qualifies, we cheated. every time, "i have a source in the (fill in team name here) program that says this is the end for alabama football.....yet we never hear about it. he graduated high school with good grades. why is that such a big deal? its not like graduating is as hard as building the space shuttle or anything. the clearinghouse qualified him. do you HONESTLY think the NCAA would pass up a chance to nail bama if something was wrong? do you HONESTLY think that ANYONE in Louisiana would be willing to help him cheat? that tin foil on your head must be blocking your view.....

The NCAA agrees. (1995) (2001) (2007?)

what i don't understand is every time we get a big commit, we cheated. then when he qualifies, we cheated.

it wasn't an aubie that started this thread.

Thanks for the memories.

Sincerely,

Albert Means

Keep it down home, cuz.

the thread is about :ua:

My understanding is that his high school grades improved enough over the spring semester to allow him to settle for his current ACT score.

Right....

Pumpkin eaters.

what i don't understand is every time we get a big commit, we cheated. then when he qualifies, we cheated. every time, "i have a source in the (fill in team name here) program that says this is the end for alabama football.....yet we never hear about it. he graduated high school with good grades. why is that such a big deal? its not like graduating is as hard as building the space shuttle or anything. the clearinghouse qualified him. do you HONESTLY think the NCAA would pass up a chance to nail bama if something was wrong? do you HONESTLY think that ANYONE in Louisiana would be willing to help him cheat? that tin foil on your head must be blocking your view.....

That had nothing to do with academics.

Right....

Pumpkin eaters.

That had nothing to do with academics.

They say variety is the spice of life.

David, like I said earlier, he made As and Bs his last year and didn't have to take the ACT again.

You mean last semester. He didnt make As and Bs all year. He was in trouble getting qualified by every account.

Thanks for the memories.

Sincerely,

Albert Means

Keep it down home, cuz.

I doubt that box of steaks cost $250k. :poke:

Thanks for the memories.

Sincerely,

Albert Means

Keep it down home, cuz.

I doubt that box of steaks cost $250k. :poke:

Uh...burn.

David, like I said earlier, he made As and Bs his last year and didn't have to take the ACT again.

You mean last semester. He didnt make As and Bs all year. He was in trouble getting qualified by every account.

Again, he wasn't in trouble. All along...given no gpa improvement, he needed one more point on the ACT. Even if he didn't kick ass in the classroom, he only needed one more point with his old grades. That's not being in trouble. That's not like Kerry Murphy.

Again, he wasn't in trouble. All along...given no gpa improvement, he needed one more point on the ACT. Even if he didn't kick ass in the classroom, he only needed one more point with his old grades. That's not being in trouble. That's not like Kerry Murphy.

Hmmm....you sounded like you were telling us facts when you said he was getting "A's and B's ALL YEAR"..... Sounds like you might want to watch representing your opinions and spin as fact.... :poke:

I mean, otherwise it gets confusing when it comes to who we should believe.... Sounds like this guy, might not have had mounds of problems, but there also seems to be plenty to make people wonder about the validity of his "hard work". I like to read facts...

and the jokes... B)

Just an observation...

Just reading...

I've simply relaying what came out of his mouth in interviews.

Well, I suppose some sources would be better than others... I'm sure Luther didn't have a reason to hedge the truth at all... (insert sarcasm here...) :rolleyes:

I hear ya...

I give you a lot more cred BG... Just look at your sources a little better sometimes... JMO.... :thumbsup:

Carry on! :)

BTW, that 17-18 is just about Community College material...

BG, if he had As and Bs all year, we would not be talking about it now. I would assume that he was in very easy courses the second half. You know easy courses, like Sociology, that all students take but only Auburn gets run into the ground for allowing.

Anyone want money on him being a General Studies guy in the Home Ec Dept?

BTW, that 17-18 is just about Community College material...

BG, if he had As and Bs all year, we would not be talking about it now. I wouls assume that he was in very easy courses the second half. You know easy courses, like Sociology, that all students take but only Auburn gets run into the ground for allowing.

Anyone want money on him being a General Studies guy in the Home Ec Dept?

I know a few people who went to AU with 18s on the ACT...and they weren't playing football.

I know of no one under a 21 at AU unless they were a legacy. I however know many with 17-19 at Bama.

its not like AU signs only people with 3.5+ GPA and a 67854121310258 on their ACT.

quindarious carr scored a 17

michael mcneil scored an 18

mike slade scored a 16

there are some in there who had a lower GPA than LD (he had a 3.1). some scored lower than LD on the ACT also.

I know of no one under a 21 at AU unless they were a legacy. I however know many with 17-19 at Bama.

I graduated High School with three of them. The admissions standards at AU are no different than UA. Sliding scale ACT vs GPA. You can get accepted on probationary status with a 17/18 and a decent GPA (just like Bama).

Also, your MIDDLE 50% of accepted applicants start at an ACT score of 22.

So you HAVE to admit lower than a 21. It's statistically impossible for a 21 to be the lowest.

Luther's mama just started cooking him brain food with her new kitchen. ;)

Luther's mama just started cooking him brain food with her new kitchen. ;)

Blueberries are not that expensive. Really.

Archived