Bottomfeeder

Jenny AU-92

Bottomfeeder,

Your time on this board is all but done. We have been tolerant and allowed you to go off on your tin foil hat tantrums for a long, LONG time - but there is a difference between reasoned free speech and debate, and the rantings of someone who needs to be medicated. Your presence here contributes NOTHING to this board in any category - even your football comments are ridiculous - and allowing you to continue just makes the owners look like fools.

And before you go off on the free speech thing, may I remind you that this is a private site, and we as owners (and I am one) can decide for ourselves when our free speech line has been crossed. It has nothing to do with this topic in specific, but for me, this was just one more of your over the top blatherings, and I am tired of them, and of you.

I am personally recommending to the other owners that you be banned, and I wanted you and the other members of this board to know why.

Yeah, the Nazi avatar I saw you sporting this week wasn't cool...

Bottomfeeder did not change his avatar - that was an editorial move by an admin as a form of protest over his positions. That one was not on him, and wasn't well received by the rest of the admins.

Wait a minute.

I'm certainly no fan of BF's positions on practically anything. Most of what he posts is incoherent.

That being said, unless he wrote something that was riddled with obscenity then I see no reason for banning the guy, especially if he is simply posting opinions that you don't agree with. Why not share with the group the specific post you find so terrible?

Heck, there are a couple posters on this site whom I think hold pretty repulsive beliefs. CC advocates wholesale genocide of Arabs. But I never would dream of asking the mods to eject them from the board.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a DISCUSSION board, not an AGREEMENT board. Half the fun here is getting into a freewheeling roundhouse debate with somebody like BF or TT.

So are you going to make it board policy to eject anybody not in perfect conformity with what you believe? If so, it will become a pretty dull board in a hurry.

If we rejected anyone not in conformity with what "I" believe, a lot of people would be gone. But there is not even consensus of opinion amoung mods and admins on this board - so banning someone for a difference of opinion is not going to happen. There are other reasons.

And this is just my opinion. I am openly working to get him gone. Others may not agree - so this may not happen. The owners group is a democracy and I am one vote. But I want him to know that he is on thin ice with me.

If we rejected anyone not in conformity with what "I" believe, a lot of people would be gone. But there is not even consensus of opinion amoung mods and admins on this board - so banning someone for a difference of opinion is not going to happen. There are other reasons.

So what are they? So far, the only reason you've cited is that his posts are rambling and incoherent. That would apply to a good 25% of the posters here.

CC advocates wholesale genocide of Arabs.

That's CCTAU to you little one. And I did not say all Arabs. I said all muslims. I don't want to miss anyone. If you do not see who your enemy is soon enough, soon you will be enslaved by their 7th century ways. We must stand up and fight. I don't find that to be off the deep end. There are many MILLIONS of Americans who feel the same as I do. It's not a fun thought, but survival is not fun at times. And make no mistake, the western world is in a war of survival. But please don't lump me in with BF. My hats are made of synthetics, not tin foil.

The reasons are my own and I am sharing them with the voting ownership of this board. As I mentioned, the decision is up to the ownership of the board, and I will be making my arguments to them. They are all well aware of the entire issue and what we decide is how it will be. If he stays, fine - it will be because a majority made that decision.

I probably should not have posted this openly, but I wanted to make a point of saying that this was not censorship for sake of difference of opinion, but for the overall well-being of the group.

The reasons are my own and I am sharing them with the voting ownership of this board. As I mentioned, the decision is up to the ownership of the board, and I will be making my arguments to them. They are all well aware of the entire issue and what we decide is how it will be. If he stays, fine - it will be because a majority made that decision.

I probably should not have posted this openly, but I wanted to make a point of saying that this was not censorship for sake of difference of opinion, but for the overall well-being of the group.

Ah, so you want call out Bottomfeeder publicly, threatening him because of his loopy opinions on this board (which are pretty way out there, I admit). Then when somebody calls you on it, you then turn around and allude to some mysterious "other reason" for his dismissal. I realize you guys own the board and all, and can ban anybody you want--myself included. But there's a difference between monitoring a board and just arbitrarily dismissing people you don't care for. So what did he do? Indulge in an ethnic rant? Did he use expletives? Did he endorse Hillary for president?

And CC, massacring millions of people based on no more than who they are is genocide, no matter what you call it. Sorry.

I have to agree with Otter on this one. If you find BF so repulsive, please skip over his posts. He has as much right as anyone here to express his opinion within the rules of the board. The rules don't say anything about ramblings or opinions that others find disgraceful. If that were the case, then we probably shouldn't allow Bama fans to post on the board either.

I have to agree with Otter on this one. If you find BF so repulsive, please skip over his posts. He has as much right as anyone here to express his opinion within the rules of the board. The rules don't say anything about ramblings or opinions that others find disgraceful. If that were the case, then we probably shouldn't allow Bama fans to post on the board either.

Good point. Those guys are delusional before they even type the first syllable.

Ah, so you want call out Bottomfeeder publicly, threatening him because of his loopy opinions on this board (which are pretty way out there, I admit). Then when somebody calls you on it, you then turn around and allude to some mysterious "other reason" for his dismissal. I realize you guys own the board and all, and can ban anybody you want--myself included. But there's a difference between monitoring a board and just arbitrarily dismissing people you don't care for. So what did he do? Indulge in an ethnic rant? Did he use expletives? Did he endorse Hillary for president?

And CC, massacring millions of people based on no more than who they are is genocide, no matter what you call it. Sorry.

not sure, but it could be his new sig that was the final straw. http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38073 there's a link to a thread he started so you can see it.

This is MY opinion regarding BF. I called him out. ME. And as a member who happens to be an owner, I have solicited the ownership to ban someone that could take this board into places we do not want to go. It is not a matter of disagreement - it is a matter for the ownership. Period. And I don't have to explain my reasons to you or anyone else other than the other owners. The ownership decides who stays and who goes and I will abide by their decision.

Most of all, you know better than to think that people are banned from this board for their personal opinions, and to suggest to me, of all people, that this was the reason for my diatribe is ludicrous. You can count on one hand the number of people that David, et. al have banned from here over the years on one hand. We are more tolerant and openminded than any other similar site out there. But there are still lines that cannot be crossed and I felt that it had finally happened. I believe my comment was:

It has nothing to do with this topic in specific (referring to his Israel post), but for me, this was just one more of your over the top blatherings, and I am tired of them, and of you.

Not their content - just the fact that he and his topics are more trouble than they are worth.

10)We encourage good debate more than most here. We do not ban, hardly if at all. But because we respect your Right to Free Speech, we will deny your use of abusive speech.We've banned very few people here. We are not the usual website. We are definitely not like most sites on this point. AUNation.net is very pro Free Speech. Just be civil in your discourse. Freely debate ideas, dont curse and name-call.

We have banned or removed folks over offensive posts and pics. With BF, I have a very uneasy feeling about the tone of his recent posts that I suspect reflect some real deep anti-semitism. I was once told by an AU fan that he thought we were an Aryan Nation's site, based on nothing more than having "nation" in the name.

You cant defend stupid nor eliminate it either. But, there are certain topics I am not at all happy to have on this board. One of them is BF's rants on Israel. I do not have time to defend, ad nauseum, ridiculous rants of the peripherally sane. The drive by lurkers could construe that we are all of his mindset on this forum. We are most defintely not of that mindset. But I, we, dont have time to explain all this to every person that comes by. Sometimes, just not going down the road is the best choice.

not sure, but it could be his new sig that was the final straw. http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38073 there's a link to a thread he started so you can see it.

Hold the phone. I just watched both the videos he just linked. I don't agree with either opinion, but these are not neo-Nazi rants. They are authors with respectable credentials who believe that US policy in the Middle East is driven by an Israeli-centered strategy that should be re-examined.

That's it. No references to the Protocols of Zion. No ethnic slurs. No nothing. Simply a reasoned voice stating a differing view on current American foreign policy. I don't agree with them at all. But if this is why we're all ganging up on BF, then it's a pretty slender reed.

"With BF, I have a very uneasy feeling about the tone of his recent posts that I suspect reflect some real deep anti-semitism." DKW, I would agree with you. I would also offer there are plenty of people on the board who seem to offer up their prejudices against other ethnic groups in far-less-subtle ways. If BF had used racial epithets, I would be the first to ask for his removal. But I think there has to be a better reason to eject the guy than an uneasy feeling about his sentiments.

Possibly not. But if he's posting ethnic slurs, then that should be the issue. You would have little argument against ejection in that situation.

Bottomfeeder will be allowed to stay for now. That doesn't mean he's got a free pass as future actions could change this decision. We are still mulling over options to make sure his hairbrained, tin foil hat posts aren't unduly associated with the AUNation name, because frequently, he is an embarassment. That is all.

Archived