Okay, You've Been There Too Long

AUesquire

By now, we've all seen the preseason rags and prognostificationals. Each year, when you take a look at certain teams, you stop and say, "Now hold on just a Daniel Cobb minute, that guy's been there for at least 8 years." I've started this thread the last couple of years and some names always come up that force you to call shenanigans. This year is no exception and I want some NCAA intervention for:

Marcus Monk: He's 7' tall and I'm certain I recall Pat Dye calling him an impact player.

Limus Sweed: The pride of Darrell Royal's 3rd recruiting class at Texas.

D.J. Hall: Yes, he and Bill Curry had their differences but this new regime seems to be to his liking.

Corey Boyd: I know it's South Carolina so no one really pays attention, but come on.

And someone please tell me that Tony Bua is not still playing DB for the Razorbacks. 10 years was enough.

I hate to say it but how long has Brandon Cox been hanging around. I mean the guy's high school senior season was 2001.

I remember that one of Shug Jordan's and Bear Bryant's first recruiting battles was over Keith Brown, who went to Bama

UT just announced the new birthing facility being added to their athletic dorm will be named in honor of Mrs Colquitt for furnishing an unbroken line of punters named Colquitt.

Where does Tre Smith figure in the 2 deep at AU this year? :)

Default Punt Returner.... :)

:au::homer:

...wincrimson...

...wincrimson...

That's been a funny, running joke.

But, for the life of me, I can't see the context there.

At least you're a BoSox fan?

it wasnt meant to be a joke, have you ever actually typed (it - sh) except reverse the 'it' and 'sh'?

i was simply refering to what the thought of tre smith return punts makes me think of.

Another Dick QB at Arkansas (does 2 constitute a 'Bag of'?: Link

Arkansas

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Freshman quarterback Nathan Dick — younger brother of first-string signal-caller Casey Dick — drew praise from Arkansas coach Houston Nutt after Wednesday’s workout.

“He has come the furthest with everything we have thrown at them,” Nutt said. “His arm looks good. He is catching on. I’m glad we got him here.”

The coach said the younger Dick got some extra reps during an hourlong indoor practice session Wednesday morning.

“We changed the schedule and the tempo a little bit today to see if we could get a turnaround,” Nutt said.

“For the most part they responded well. They got to that 12th practice and were feeling a little sorry for themselves at times. We got some things done today.”

Seems like Chad Henne and Mike Hart were around back when the Wolverines were handing it to John Cooper every year.

They were but they were only juniors and were backups at the time. :big:

Is it just me or are there just as many "Rolle's" at Miami and FSU as there are "Goode's" at Alabama?

Isn't Cedric Cobbs redshirting this year so he can get some PT after McFadden bolts for the NFL?

Archived