Urban Meyer

AUloggerhead

Nagging injuries are affecting all teams, not just AU: Link

Florida WR Harvin limited in practice

Associated Press, Updated 2 hours ago STORY TOOLS:

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Florida receiver Percy Harvin was limited in practice Tuesday because of Achilles' tendinitis.

Coach Urban Meyer said it was unclear how long the injury would affect Harvin, who emerged last season as one of the team's big-play threats.

"It's just a pain in the butt," Meyer said. "It's frustrating for him."

Harvin, a sophomore, had 428 yards rushing, 427 yards receiving and scored five touchdowns last season for the national champion Gators.

He earned Most Valuable Player honors in the Southeastern Conference championship game, totaling 167 yards of offense and scoring two touchdowns. He was also a standout in the national title game against Ohio State, catching nine passes for 60 yards and adding 22 yards rushing and a score.

Meyer said Harvin "should be able to heal that thing up" and be ready for the Sept. 1 season opener against Western Kentucky.

The 5-foot-11, 181-pound Harvin missed part of fall practice last year with a hip flexor and then sat out one game and was slowed in several more because of an ankle sprain.

"He just goes as hard as he can," Meyer said. "It just frustrates him about as bad as I've ever seen it frustrate anybody because he wants to compete and works so hard to get himself ready to play."

Guest Tigrinum Major

Far be it for me to interpret coach speak or ruin a pefectly good humor thread, but don't you think he just meant that it was a nuisance, not an actual description of the injury?

Far be it for me to interpret coach speak or ruin a pefectly good humor thread, but don't you think he just meant that it was a nuisance, not an actual description of the injury?

No, he meant it!

yes. sarcasm has a purpose. fun ruiner :poke:

Your Personal Clue Meter is registering a big fat zero at the moment. Suggest you brush up on your reading comprehension skills with the Chump.

Archived