Now this is appeasement

Tigermike

Mon 13 Aug 2007

NHS staff told to eat away from desks for Ramadan

HOSPITAL staff in the Lothians have been told not to eat at their desks to avoid offending Muslim colleagues during Ramadan.

NHS Lothian has advised doctors and other health workers not to have working lunches during the 30-day fast, which begins next month.

The health service's Equality and Diversity Officer sent an e-mail to all senior managers, giving guidance on religious tolerance.

This includes ensuring Muslim staff are given breaks to pray, and time off to celebrate Eid at the end of Ramadan.

It is understood they also advised hospital managers to move food trolleys away from areas where Muslims work.

An NHS spokesman said he could not confirm what was in the e-mail.

Jim McCaffery, director of acute services and workforce at NHS Lothian, said: "This e-mail was circulated to a number of senior managers as we continue to promote cultural awareness in our organisation."

But the move has angered many doctors and politicians, who say it is taking religious tolerance too far.

Bill Aitken, Scottish Conservative justice spokesman, was reported as saying: "Frankly, this advice, well meaning as it may be, is total nonsense.

"This is the sort of thing that can stir up resentments rather than result in good relations."

http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=1275192007

And so is this.

Dutch bishop urges faithful to call God Allah

This story seems to be gone from Radio Netherlands, where it originated. If that turns out to be because it is inauthentic, I will take it down also. But I suspect it is just because of high traffic; Jihad Watch reader Ana has sent me the Free Republic link, and it rings true from what I know of dhimmi bishops:

Breda - The Dutch Roman Catholic bishop Tiny Muskens is urging the faithful of all religions to call God Allah in order to foster mutual understanding. The bishop of the city of Breda says God does not mind what he is called and points out that Allah is the Arabic word for God. The bishop, who is retiring in a few weeks, added he did not expect his ideas to find immediate acceptance. He expects it could take 100 or 200 years. Bishop Muskens has previously defied the Vatican by calling for the acceptance of married priests and the use of condoms against aids. He has also said that those who are poor may steal bread.

What a melodious name the Bishop has. Tiiiiiiny Muskens in Breda / Makes me happy, makes me -- hmmm. What rhymes with Breda? Anyway, I expect that the Bishop is right: if things keep going the way they're going now, in another 100 or 200 years almost everyone in the Netherlands will be referring to God as "Allah." But they won't be Christians.

link

Archived