Adios and good riddance, Karl

AUman43

Adios and good riddance, Karl

Joseph L. GallowayBirmingham News, Monday, August 20, 2007

Now leaves the spinmeister himself, Karl Rove, the biggest rat yet to skelter down the hawser of the SS Bush Titanic, heading off to “spend more time with his family” and less time looking over his shoulder for the subpoena servers.

What will historians say of this pudgy, balding fellow who was called Bush’s Brain, the man who so skillfully set the ambushes and laid the bouncing Betty mines that would kill or maim far better candidates than the one he helped rise to elected office at least six levels above his competence.

What will they write one day about the man who, more than any other in a century, so polarized and divided a great nation and people and converted the great game of politics into a blood sport, a killing sport?

There was a time when politicians of both major parties could beat each other around the head and shoulders all day long in the halls of Congress and then when the sun went down head off together to a friendly bar to sit and drink and talk and laugh together like the old friends they were. There was a time when both political parties were ruled by moderates, by people who thought through and civilly debated the issues of their time and could even be persuaded of the wisdom of another’s ideas without an exchange of either cash or artillery fire.

Who outside the inner circle of the Bush White House or the Cro-Magnon Wing of the Grand Ole Party or a few journalist hacks bartering their souls for “access” would want to sit down and have a drink with Karl Rove?

The man has all the charisma, charm and inherent kindness of a spitting cobra, and nothing so graces the White House in six years as Karl Rove leaving it.

A time is coming, and coming very soon, when we as a nation must begin thinking and talking about and planning to repair all that the Bush Administration has broken or bent or twisted. A time when we must begin shoveling out a stable full to the roof with what Harry Truman called horse manure, or at least that’s what he called it when Miss Bess was in earshot. No need to scratch that pile for a diamond ring or a little red sports car. There’s nothing there but horse manure.

We must assume the war in Iraq will drag on until George W. Bush’s successor takes office and tries to figure some way out of the disaster that Bush and Darth Cheney and Don Rumsfeld and Rove created with their arrogance and ignorance and sheer incompetence.

The wounding and dying and killing must go on because those who created a disaster of a war aren’t competent or smart enough to get out. Even when they found themselves in a hole, they refused to quit digging. When we were kids, we used to talk about how if you started digging and went straight through you would eventually wind up in China. We even tried that a time or two, with negligible results, in a hard Texas clay. But Bush and Co. may dig on through and succeed in reaching our historic ally communist China, and that may be quite convenient since it is the Chinese who are financing the Bush war in Iraq with the profits they earn selling us food that kills our pets, poisonous toothpaste and toys dripping in lead paint.

We are within 500 –some days of the end of the Bush League era. Near the time when all of us are going to have to roll up our sleeves and lend a hand at fixing all that these folks have broken or bent or twisted in our society; our military; our U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights; our economy in which the rich have gotten much richer and the poor poorer and our great American middle class and endangered species.

We need a Manhattan project to develop renewable energy sources and end out total dependence on oil that is increasingly in the hands of our sworn enemies. We need a solution to the illegal immigration problem, and it does not lie in building $500 billion walls across thousands of miles of our southern and northern borders, Nor does it lie in rounding up 12 million illegal immigrants and deporting them.

There’s no lack of work to be done. Just a lack of leadership in both parties. Adios, Karl Rove. We shall know you by the rotten fruit of your labors.

Joseph L. Galloway is former senior military correspondent for Knight Rider Newspapers and co-editor of the national best seller “We Were Soldiers Once…….and Young.”

Somehow I get the feeling the hate filled Joe Galloway never sat down and had a conversation with karl Rove.

Funny. He blames Karl Rove for dividing America. The fact of the matter is, it was the extreme far Left. Going back to claims of an illegitimate Resident in the White House, and fanning the flames of mistrust in the Gov't ever since. Even when they win an election, the lies and accusations abound from the Left.

Incredible.

Yada Yada yada yada yada,,, etc.

Typical example of a Left winger's reply. Note that there's no answer what so ever to the content of the post, but a simply response that only acknowledges a reply has been made. Why even bother ? <_<

Yada Yada yada yada yada,,, etc.

Typical example of a Left winger's reply. Note that there's no answer what so ever to the content of the post, but a simply response that only acknowledges a reply has been made. Why even bother ? <_<

Rove's victories were Pyrrhic ones for the Republican party, chiefly because he really failed to grasp the complexity of the conservative movement, not to mention its appeal.

The conservative movement is really two different camps of people: The social conservatives and the economic conservatives. While the two sometimes have congruent interests, the economic conservatives far outnumber of the social ones. Oddly enough, Bush is a social conservative while he is in many ways a fiscal liberal. When the administration adopted fiscally reckless legislation, it basically gave carte blanche to Congress to adopt a similar freewheeling manner. So, suddenly, the economic conservatives had no reason to support Bush in the 2006 elections. Hence the bloodletting.

AURaptor, for your information, I CHOOSE my sources just as you, TigerMike and other conservatives choose theirs. Yours are CHOSEN from the writers who reflect YOUR philosophy and leanings and so are mine. So before you criticize my SOURCES, remember that I CHOOSE mine and YOU CHOOSE yours. One is no less credible than the other simply because it doesn't agree with your slant and there are PLENTY of Republican Conservative "slants" in the articles posted on this board. ;) By the way, this is still a free country and open to free thinkers last time I checked. :thumbsup: I enjoy the various opinions, regardless of their leanings and try not to denegrate any of them or the posters.

AURaptor, for your information, I CHOOSE my sources just as you, TigerMike and other conservatives choose theirs. Yours are CHOSEN from the writers who reflect YOUR philosophy and leanings and so are mine. So before you criticize my SOURCES, remember that I CHOOSE mine and YOU CHOOSE yours. One is no less credible than the other simply because it doesn't agree with your slant and there are PLENTY of Republican Conservative "slants" in the articles posted on this board. ;) By the way, this is still a free country and open to free thinkers last time I checked. :thumbsup: I enjoy the various opinions, regardless of their leanings and try not to denegrate any of them or the posters.

And you are FREE to choose. NO ONE on THIS BOARD has EVER said you couldn't. But the BOARD POLICY is for posters to provide a link for what they post. That shouldn't be too hard, even for you. It is NOT the responsibility of the readers to Google your post to see where the hell you got the article. JUST POST THE DAMN LINK! And quit crying and whining about it.

Is that plain enough for you, Mr. Whinny Ass?

First of all, 43, your reply makes no sense. To avoid any more confusion , let me FIRST point out my prior 2 posts. My first one ....

Funny. He blames Karl Rove for dividing America. The fact of the matter is, it was the extreme far Left. Going back to claims of an illegitimate Resident in the White House, and fanning the flames of mistrust in the Gov't ever since. Even when they win an election, the lies and accusations abound from the Left.

Incredible.

was directed mainly at the writer of the article which you posted. I was being more critical of your source than anything, but also some of my ire was directed toward you, as it was you who posted the article in the first place.

Second....

Typical example of a Left winger's reply. Note that there's no answer what so ever to the content of the post, but a simply response that only acknowledges a reply has been made. Why even bother ?
was directly at YOU and your 'yadda, yadda, yadda' response. You made no effort what so ever to even acknowledge what I had said, and simply gave an Archie Bunker equivolent of STIFLE! . Such a childish and hallow reply makes me wonder why you even bother taking the time to reply at all, as it's clear you lack the ability or are unwilling to engage in reasonable dialogue.

As for this absurd notion you offer about freedom of choice, how the hell did you get there ?? No one questioned your FREEDOM, but more importantly, I'm questioning your LOGIC. No one is suggesting you have no right to your opinion, I'm just asking you to expand on why you think the way you do, and if you can do a better job of supporting your position than yadda,yadda, yadda

I'll see if I can conform to yours and TigerMike's REQUIREMENTS for a post by posting the SOURCE IF I don't have LINK. Sorry if I rankled your feathers...... This is not worth that! :thumbsdown: One final note though, IF I make a post, it doesn't necessarily mean that I agree with it....(as was implied by requesting that I defend or explain the writers position relative to mine) Secondly, I NEVER have questioned either the source or the sanity of the writer who either TigerMike or AURaptor makes OR asked either to defend their article, its writer, or the concept or position. Such articles are GENERALLY Self explanatory and to believe them or not to believe them is up to the reader. I sort of thought a diversity of thought on the board would be stimpulating.I was wrong! War Damn Eagle any damn way!

Try replying to post one at a time, AUman43, because you're getting confused here. Per this thread, I never made one request that you source anything but your damn BRAIN. Alas, I have asked too much.

I'll try to conduct myself with more maturity and class than you AURaptor, which is not MUCH for anyone who disagrees with you. I'm not coming down to your level. It's fascinating to me that here we are, allegedly ALL Auburn men and woman and some seem to have been reduced to the immature level of cursing some out simply because of their posts. GeeeeeeeeeeZ!

I'll try to conduct myself with more maturity and class than you AURaptor, which is not MUCH for anyone who disagrees with you. I'm not coming down to your level. It's fascinating to me that here we are, allegedly ALL Auburn men and woman and some seem to have been reduced to the immature level of cursing some out simply because of their posts. GeeeeeeeeeeZ!

I give. You win. Never mind the fact that I didn't remotely curse at you, but simply asked you to clarify your remarks. It seemed to me that you lumped me in w/ others who didn't agree with you, when our arguments were quite seperate. But I see it bares no fruit in trying to explain.

I'm done.

You whinny little butt you still don't get it do you? For your benefit I will type r-e-a-l slow. Everyone here could overlook your not posting links, everyone. It's your constant whining and pathological, shockingly self-centered, undeserved sense of victimhood that is getting old. Poor little oppressed Shug. Your intense narcissistic need to see yourself as "a champion of the oppressed" is not only old now but repulsive.

How many times do we have to see your dumbass "anyone who disagrees with you" diatribe? Every damn thread? Every damn post? Get over yourself. You are not "coming down to [his] level". Hells Bells, you have never made it up to his level. This is a message board. Discussion and debate are the staple of this particular forum! It's what this damn forum is for and about! So either discuss or STFU.

Archived