Sabanic Discipline

DKW 86

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you a master debater?

:roflol:

No...I've been called a "Championship Debater....or something" before though.

I've also been called "An Overly Verbose Windbag"...so I don't know... It's a title though! :cheer:

sfibatye3.gif

No I'm saying, I don't think SC should have been suspended. So since Saban didn't suspend him, there is no problem.

You think that Saban not suspending him makes him weak on discipline. But that's because you think SC did things that warrant a suspension (I guess).

A difference would be if Deaderick plays on Sept 1. I think he SHOULD be suspended, and if Saban doesn't do so, then I will say he was weak in discipline in that case. But since I don't think one was warranted here, I don't think it's fair to use the SC instance as an "example of lack of discipline".

No I'm saying, I don't think SC should have been suspended. So since Saban didn't suspend him, there is no problem.

You think that Saban not suspending him makes him weak on discipline. But that's because you think SC did things that warrant a suspension (I guess).

A difference would be if Deaderick plays on Sept 1. I think he SHOULD be suspended, and if Saban doesn't do so, then I will say he was weak in discipline in that case. But since I don't think one was warranted here, I don't think it's fair to use the SC instance as an "example of lack of discipline".

So, since Saban has already said they will NOT be suspended, we should act like he still might? Hmm...okay.

Also, why should we seperate the SC issue from the others? Isn't in this type of discussion, the discipline issue as a whole being discussed?

What I see is someone (you BG) seperating all these instances apart in an effort to enforce what is clearly a state of denial. There's an issue going on over there, and until there's a better effort made by the leadership over there to openly address it, you'll continue to read many many threads like this. Are you starting to get the idea of why we rip on him so much...or is this still just about the SC getting treated unfairly to you?

So you think the public embarrassment of your school and program isn't a reprehensible offense. Interesting....

found this at another board. Seems at least one uater wants him suspended.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:27 PM BigBamaFan

Re: Simeon Castille arrested

Originally Posted by UA37 View Post

He won't be suspended for Vandy. No way. Disorderly conduct is a weak charge. That kind of charge gets droped a lot. He may not even miss a game.

He is a leader,Saban should drop a bomb on him.I have no doubt what he did is weak compared to what goes on in the SEC even from our team last year.But and example should be set early and set the tone for the next stupid act.I would say 4 games would be ok I dont think it will happen but I wouldnt be against it if does.

So you think the public embarrassment of your school and program isn't a reprehensible offense. Interesting....

I'm not offended. If you REALLY think what he did was that big of a deal...fine. But I don't think what he did was that bad.

I personally have no problem with Castille not being suspended. He should have been chastised in front of his teammates and should still be running stadiums.

Did that happen? You be the judge...

Alabama cornerback Simeon Castille said Nick Saban treated him "more as a friend and not even a head coach" after the player's arrest for disorderly conduct.

"He was just there for me," Castille said. "I really did appreciate that. He was great."

Thanks Dad

Ummm...Uhhh...You DO know that I DID say it was "GOOD" that you give your opinion...right? Guess you just didn't quite get a handle on what I was saying there. Our grind is that you represent your opinions as fact most often than not.

Doesn't everyone view their own opinion as fact?

Haven't we been over this? The only opinions that are also facts are mine.

Thank you.

By the way, BG, I think its worth noting that you defended Shula's decision regarding Simpson and jumped out in front of the bus on the credit card guy, too. You've been pretty vociferous in your defense.

From your defenses, I can only assume the Tuscaloosa PD just drives around thinking of bogus cases it can trump up so as to get itself pilloried in the press. That's a pretty good strategy for them I guess.

Ummm...Uhhh...You DO know that I DID say it was "GOOD" that you give your opinion...right? Guess you just didn't quite get a handle on what I was saying there. Our grind is that you represent your opinions as fact most often than not.

Doesn't everyone view their own opinion as fact?

Haven't we been over this? The only opinions that are also facts are mine.

Thank you.

Only if you are using FireFox at the time.

scouhmpw8.gif BG?

So, since Saban has already said they will NOT be suspended, we should act like he still might? Hmm...okay.

Also, why should we seperate the SC issue from the others? Isn't in this type of discussion, the discipline issue as a whole being discussed?

What I see is someone (you BG) seperating all these instances apart in an effort to enforce what is clearly a state of denial. There's an issue going on over there, and until there's a better effort made by the leadership over there to openly address it, you'll continue to read many many threads like this. Are you starting to get the idea of why we rip on him so much...or is this still just about the SC getting treated unfairly to you?

I personally have no problem with Castille not being suspended. He should have been chastised in front of his teammates and should still be running stadiums.

Did that happen? You be the judge...

Alabama cornerback Simeon Castille said Nick Saban treated him "more as a friend and not even a head coach" after the player's arrest for disorderly conduct.

"He was just there for me," Castille said. "I really did appreciate that. He was great."

Thanks Dad

Saban also said that Simeon would have to do some things to get back right with his teammates etc. Do you know for sure SC didn't have to run stadiums?

Saban also said that Simeon would have to do some things to get back right with his teammates etc. Do you know for sure SC didn't have to run stadiums?

Sigh.

Anyone who has ever been in charge of an organization knows that "perception is reality." So what's more important, having strong discipline, or having the PERCEPTION that you have strong discipline?

Obviously Saban does NOT have strong discipline, or he would not have players getting arrested (on the strip at 2AM during camp for stopping traffic in the middle of the street yelling obscenities at vehicles) for fear of their lives if Coach Saban found out. And neither does Saban have the PERCEPTION that he is a disciplinarian because he is using the weak "keep it in the family" BS.

I am certain that he uses the same quick-decision integrity for discipline that he used when he blew the Steelers game last year by being scared to throw his challenge flag.

SABAN IS WEAK.

P.S. BG, you are sitting here trying to defend this WEAK crap by SABAN, and your pals over on crimsontusks are saying SC should have a 4-game suspension. Which one of those decisions would be more effective in the long run?

But you know for sure he did. :rolleyes:

It's your funeral. We're just pointing it out now so we can laugh at your blind faith in the almighty $aban later.

On a side note..... I spoke with one of Coach Dye's former players this week. I asked this gentleman, An All American @ AU, What would have happened to him if he was in this situation while @ AU?.....

He said "I would STILL be running and would not expect to play the first 5-6 games...IF then."

My how the times are changing....in certain locals anyway.......

It's your funeral. We're just pointing it out now so we can laugh at your blind faith in the almighty $aban later.

So you are saying it's more likely that Saban has never disciplined a player in the history of his career...than it is he's handling it "in house" and you just don't know about it?

Look, the guy wouldn't have all the hardware he has if he always let the inmates run the asylum. If our program is as out of control as you say it is, then why are we completely different than all his other programs?

Judging from his history, I think his handling discipline issues will be sufficient.

Look, the guy wouldn't have all the hardware he has if he always let the inmates run the asylum.

We beg to differ.

Signed,

Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer and Phil Fulmer

Yeah, and in those cases, the problem presented itself throughout the coaches tenure. Saban doesn't have a history of teams with tons of off the field problems.

Yeah, and in those cases, the problem presented itself throughout the coaches tenure. Saban doesn't have a history of teams with tons of off the field problems.

He also never coached for the Criminal Tide, what's your point?

Look, the guy wouldn't have all the hardware he has if he always let the inmates run the asylum. If our program is as out of control as you say it is, then why are we completely different than all his other programs?

You think LSU was a disciplined program while he was there? Hmmmm.

He has never been anywhere long enough.

Important question: does SC keep his senior spot on $Saben's Player Intervention Committee? Or, should it be renamed the Playa' (Good) Intentions Committee?

Important question: does SC keep his senior spot on $Saben's Player Intervention Committee? Or, should it be renamed the Playa' (Good) Intentions Committee?

Or How about: the "It's just like Shula was here" Committee.

He has never been anywhere long enough.

That was pretty funny. :)

Archived