Sabanic Discipline

DKW 86

Wow...BG "on topic". Putting this in a memo. Still defending Saban, and answering questions with questions, but he down-shifted and came back to his opinion and thoughts being left at that only.

I think he'll find we all still find Saban to be enormous gray-suit wearing, humorless, no discipline slinging Ass-pumpkin....

but hey...I don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings... :thumbsup:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take on the discipline - We as outsiders be it Bama fans or Auburn fans don't have any clue what the "discipline" was or wasn't - just like the LSU guy said he'd "like to know", we all would. SC issue is a "non issue" in my book because punishment should also take into consideration the character of the person - what SC did was not typical of his character and I think he has handled himself appropriately since so I expect Saban handled as needed and we'll never see anything of it.

I am hoping one or two of the other three we will see something of it -

On the pay issue - Doesn't everyone here realize who the highest paid coaching staff in college football was last year??? Please don't give me "well the coach isn't" BS. In the end the justification is the same....

My take on the discipline - We as outsiders be it Bama fans or Auburn fans don't have any clue what the "discipline" was or wasn't - just like the LSU guy said he'd "like to know", we all would. SC issue is a "non issue" in my book because punishment should also take into consideration the character of the person - what SC did was not typical of his character and I think he has handled himself appropriately since so I expect Saban handled as needed and we'll never see anything of it.

I am hoping one or two of the other three we will see something of it -

On the pay issue - Doesn't everyone here realize who the highest paid coaching staff in college football was last year??? Please don't give me "well the coach isn't" BS. In the end the justification is the same....

You all should really go back and investigate some of the shenanigans at LSU while this guy was there. He had some real questionable characters on the roster and there WAS a history of discipline issues. There was also always a STRONG odor of malfeasance in regard to recruiting rules that reeked from the Bayou. Why, some of those shrieking most loudly about Saban's disingenuous tactics while at LSU were (drumroll.....) Bama fans.

So we're all to believe that some time between the time he lied to Skip Bertman and got on a plane for Miami and the time he lied to everyone and got on a plane to Tuscaloosa, he was beatified? The pope canonized the guy? What?

The difference between Tuscaloosa and LSU was that nobody really cared about LSU. He didn't come there with the red carpet and the drunk women licking his boots. He didn't show up on the Bayou with a briefcase suffused with cash and trailing a plume of outright lies. By handling things the way he did initially and because of the subsequent public snafus, Saban's made himself and the program a target. He seems completely oblivious to this fact. His public and private statements indicate that he considers himself above the law. The fact that he's completely arrogant about it will only make those with shovels dig even harder. They won't have to dig long. There's plenty to find if they just want to find it.

So now that he's proving to be a more than capable recruiter at Alabama, you guys just pooh pooh it away with the old "cheating" stand by.

You guys said he wouldn't be able to recruit at Alabama, it's different that recruiting in Louisiana. Now that he's racking up, you have to change direction.

Nice.

So now that he's proving to be a more than capable recruiter at Alabama, you guys just pooh pooh it away with the old "cheating" stand by.

You guys said he wouldn't be able to recruit at Alabama, it's different that recruiting in Louisiana. Now that he's racking up, you have to change direction.

Nice.

I'm glad you are really enjoying your one night stand with Saban. Of course he was able to recruit in the couple of months he was there before the season. He was the hottest rockstar in college football. We'll see how he does on the other side of reality this season....going 7-5, grade changing scandal, NCAA trouble, etc.

We'll also see how he does when he realizes, that no matter WHO he is, the Good Ole Boy system trumps whatever he says when it comes to recruiting or anything else for that matter.

Chadd Scott, now WE is totally unbiased! :lol:

And Biased doesnt mean it is wrong....Just saying.

Nice.

I don't think he's proven to be "more than capable" of anything.

"Racking up" *snicker* Racking up my ass.

His OCS commentary on the SEC is ridiculous. Let the PAC10 teams play an SEC sked if he thinks it's easy. USC lost 2 games in that conference last year...how do you think they'd have done in the SEC, even if they could've played Appalachian State...????

:au::homer:

I personally have no problem with Castille not being suspended. He should have been chastised in front of his teammates and should still be running stadiums.

Did that happen? You be the judge...

Alabama cornerback Simeon Castille said Nick Saban treated him "more as a friend and not even a head coach" after the player's arrest for disorderly conduct.

"He was just there for me," Castille said. "I really did appreciate that. He was great."

Thanks Dad

Saban also said that Simeon would have to do some things to get back right with his teammates etc. Do you know for sure SC didn't have to run stadiums?

Do you know for sure he did?

I smell something... I'll give you guys a hint of what it is.

It starts with an F

and rhymes with Favoritism

Wow, Old bg just r-u-n-n-o-f-t when the hall/brown issue came up today.

Just "goes to show you".

I smell something... I'll give you guys a hint of what it is.

It starts with an F

and rhymes with Favoritism

Flavaritism?

txflavayp0.th.jpg

Swweeett... I can finally use this emoticon :puke1: Still pretty funny, even though I think that man is one of the Ugliest persons I've seen... I'll rank him behind BP.

Nice.

I don't think he's proven to be "more than capable" of anything.

"Racking up" *snicker* Racking up my ass.

If you can't admit that Saban is having a good year in recruiting, you are a bigger homer than I thought. Then again, you don't even know who your starting left corner is. And he's been there for 3 years...so I wouldn't expect you to be well versed on high school players.

r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Dude...sooooooo not even a word.

BG....

Dude, Saban has SOOOOO an 0 - 0 record at Bama.

He might be having some recruiting success, but if you think the other teams around him aren't also, you're just more tunnel-visioned then I thought.

Anyway...just more of the same.....

BG....

He might be having some recruiting success, but if you think the other teams around him aren't also, you're just more tunnel-visioned then I thought.

So you don't think Saban is a good recruiter?

BG....

CAN YOU READ? He said that Saban might be having some recruiting success. And that is all he said regarding Saban and recruiting.

BG....

Let me bold this for you....

You asked your question anyway.... typical BG trying to spin out and start some meaningless arguement when the answer has already been presented.

Nice try though...

BG....

I don't think that is what he said. I will say that we don't know if he is a good recruiter at uat. He brought in a lot of good players at LSU. Just ask Les Miles. He also didn't have the same degree of competition that he'll have now.

You asked your question anyway.... typical BG trying to spin out and start some meaningless arguement when the answer has already been presented.

Nice try though...

I'm spinning it? YOU were the one who posted some crap about the other coaches around him having success...I NEVER said they weren't. My comments originally came about because Galen and I had a conversation where he told me that he didn't think Saban was a good recruiter.

I said Saban is bringing in a good class to support my argument. YOU came out of field with this other coaches crap, not me.

Nice try though...

I'm spinning it? YOU were the one who posted some crap about the other coaches around him having success...I NEVER said they weren't. My comments originally came about because Galen and I had a conversation where he told me that he didn't think Saban was a good recruiter.

I said Saban is bringing in a good class to support my argument. YOU came out of field with this other coaches crap, not me.

Easy war hero...don't get mad... :poke:

Before you go flying off with all the defensive cry-baby goo-goo... let's pause...take a deep breath...and look..

Allllll I said in my statement was that Saban was having some success..... I also said that the other coaches were too, and if you were blind to that, then that was your problem...

There's NO "CRAP", and no false statements there...

However, you quoting my post and asking a BS question as if I had said the opposite, is just another example of why you get jumped on... If you meant to respond to Galen, maybe you should quote him, or something else...so forgive me if I took your question...as a response to me.... :rolleyes:

I can't help it if you just keep doing it continuously....not my problem... just more fodder...

Oh...and "I said Saban is bringing in a good class to support my argument." is not a FACT, it's your opinion and isn't the end all, say all for your argument, their post, this thread or anything else...

No offense or anything..... :thumbsup:

However, you quoting my post and asking a BS question as if I had said the opposite

Just like you posted:

but if you think the other teams around him aren't also, you're just more tunnel-visioned then I thought

As if I had said the opposite.

However, you quoting my post and asking a BS question as if I had said the opposite

Just like you posted:

but if you think the other teams around him aren't also, you're just more tunnel-visioned then I thought

As if I had said the opposite.

WHA??? WH?? WHO?????

My GOD BG, seriously dude... What do you NOT understand here!?!?!?!

What is it about the fact that other people are doing a great job in recruiting also do you just not grasp!? I guess by you getting all hacked, and crapping your slacks that you feel that Saban is the ONLY one doing anything well in recruiting????

Holy crap... :roflol::roflol::roflol:

What is it about the fact that other people are doing a great job in recruiting also do you just not grasp!? I guess by you getting all hacked, and crapping your slacks that you feel that Saban is the ONLY one doing anything well in recruiting????

Either you are retarded, illiterate, or just refuse to read what I post...and comment on it anyway.

Feel free to pick one.

Archived