Sabanic Discipline

DKW 86

I don't know Matt...The one about how Shula found recruits before anybody else knew about them is pretty high up on that list. This of course to justify the star jump from Rivals once they commit to uat and blindly follow the shula train to nowhere

Uhhh I posted PLENTY of examples to backup that claim. No one refuted them.

And Saban is making LESS per year than he was at Miami. So I don't understand why my post was so off base.

bigsixfive summed it up pretty nicely.

As would be expected if he went from the NFL to D1. Let me break it down... The LATERAL move he made was going from a major D1 school to another major D1 school. LSU paid him $2M per year, Alabama felt the need to pay him $4M. $2M * 2 = $4M for the same job. Had he gone from a D1AA school to Miami to a D1 school, sure, I could see a pay difference between the D1AA salary and the D1 salary.

And all this hulabaloo about a pay cut is rediculous. I guarantee you he's getting more stocking stuffers from Alabama than the Dolphins offered. I would also put money down that some boosters chipped in on that "country boy" shack on the river.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New project for StatTiger...

How many times does BG respond with condescending replies beginning with either "Uhhhh", or "Ummmm"?

How many times does he answer a question with a question trying to initiate spin and misdirection?

Seriously though, he's got this thread turning to salary. It makes no sense. He hasn't proven anything about Saban blowing the doors off the HC'ing market value in the NCAA, which is an issue for most when the coach hasn't coached his first game at your institution. He has, no doubt, but THAT is another thread. Don't let BG do this. Untill he answers the core questions here, I wouldn't continue with it. If he can't answer the questions about DISCIPLINE in this thread, I'd take his ignoring it as a blaring sign that he just can't justify it.

Just my opinion....don't want to offend of course.... :rolleyes:

He does sort of miss the point twice in this article.

No Pac-10 team has more than one creampuff out of league? Sure. Why not. You've got SIX freaking creampuffs in-leage. This is an ignorant characterization and rationalization. It renders his entire argument for the Pac10 null and void.

And no, LM, Citadel and LaTech didn't keep AU out of the NC game at all. Idiots like Herbstriet and Fowler harping on that phantom did. Turns out that when the end-of-season calculations were complete, Auburn played a significantly more difficult schedule than either OU or USC. I'm a little tired of this logic. Auburn could have beaten the Pittsburgh Steelers, the 1981 Oakland Raiders and all five San Francisco Super Bowl teams and STILL wouldn't have passed the Sooners or Trojans in the standings.

Thank you GG. These people are nothing short of pure idiots.

WE DO NOT NEED TO SCHEDULE HARD NON-CONFERENCE GAMES BECAUSE WE PLAY OUR HARD GAMES IN THE CONFERENCE!!!!

How many times does BG respond with condescending replies beginning with either "Uhhhh", or "Ummmm"?

How many times does he answer a question with a question trying to initiate spin and misdirection?

Seriously though, he's got this thread turning to salary. It makes no sense. He hasn't proven anything about Saban blowing the doors off the HC'ing market value in the NCAA, which is an issue for most when the coach hasn't coached his first game at your institution. He has, no doubt, but THAT is another thread. Don't let BG do this. Untill he answers the core questions here, I wouldn't continue with it. If he can't answer the questions about DISCIPLINE in this thread, I'd take his ignoring it as a blaring sign that he just can't justify it.

Just my opinion....don't want to offend of course.... :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

Actual salary numbers are not the only factor in his pay. Compare the cost of living in South Florida to west Alabama. $4M in T-town is like $7M in Miami.

If I have a $50,000/yr job in Mobile I am actually welthier than with a $60,000/yr. in Pittsburgh.

Yeah, because that's what we are talking about. Cost of living.

Just my opinion....don't want to offend of course....

I wasn't misdirecting. It's just that I've provided backing for my claims more than once. No one refuted it, so I figured we could move along.

Discipline? I've already said I don't think Simeon should be suspended. And we haven't seen what he's going to do to Deaderick. So I'm reserving judgement. To you guys, the ONLY acceptable punishment for anything is missing games. And I don't think its that clear cut.

To you guys, the ONLY acceptable punishment for anything is missing games. And I don't think its that clear cut.

YEAH! Ya'll be quiet! Washing police cruisers is plenty enough punishment for anything.

I wasn't misdirecting. It's just that I've provided backing for my claims more than once. No one refuted it, so I figured we could move along.

Discipline? I've already said I don't think Simeon should be suspended. And we haven't seen what he's going to do to Deaderick. So I'm reserving judgement. To you guys, the ONLY acceptable punishment for anything is missing games. And I don't think its that clear cut.

That's completely opposite of what you said when Shula was fired.

To you guys, the ONLY acceptable punishment for anything is missing games. And I don't think its that clear cut.

YEAH! Ya'll be quiet! Washing police cruisers is plenty enough punishment for anything.

No, in hindsight, I think Juwan's punishment wasn't harsh enough. The ice cream comments hurt the perception of our program pretty bad. The fact that he didn't even act remorseful shows that he didn't get punished at all.

That's completely opposite of what you said when Shula was fired

Huh?

No, in hindsight, I think Juwan's punishment wasn't harsh enough. The ice cream comments hurt the perception of our program pretty bad. The fact that he didn't even act remorseful shows that he didn't get punished at all.

Hindsight's 20/20 isn't it BG. Like your opinion that Saban's discipline was a 180 from Shula's. Like your general lovefest for Saban will be two seasons from now.

Huh?

Don't make me pull out the quotes.

I really just wish the season would get here. I grow tired of making fun of UAT and it not be related to a ballgame.

Huh?

I'm not one of these that go back and pull old post. But I remember you saying if Shula would have been more of a disciplinarian he wouldn't have lost the team. How's that any different from what Saban's doing?

I'm not one of these that go back and pull old post. But I remember you saying if Shula would have been more of a disciplinarian he wouldn't have lost the team. How's that any different from what Saban's doing?

Yeah, that's true. But that doesn't mean suspensions are the ONLY way to discipline someone. I don't think Shula did ANYTHING at all. Saban doesn't have a history of losing teams. Or players not respecting him.

And like I said, we have yet to see whether or not Saban is going to be tough on discipline at Alabama. Even most people here said that Simeon's infraction wasn't that big of a deal. You just want to use it as an example because you think it makes Saban look bad.

Saban doesn't have a history of losing teams. Or players not respecting him.

"F--- Saban" - Roy Upchurch

Simeon sure had the fear of God in him after this event, to come damn near close to recreating it. The only difference in what he and the others did is he at least had the good sense to act right after he was in the cuffs.

Saban doesn't have a history of losing teams. Or players not respecting him.

"F--- Saban" - Roy Upchurch

Simeon sure had the fear of God in him after this event, to come damn near close to recreating it. The only difference in what he and the others did is he at least had the good sense to act right after he was in the cuffs.

Simeon's fear was financial. Not afraid of Saban or of any discipline he might suffer. Not worried about how it might affect his team or his teammates. "Did I hurt my draft stock" was his only thought.

That's a pretty damning.

Actual salary numbers are not the only factor in his pay. Compare the cost of living in South Florida to west Alabama. $4M in T-town is like $7M in Miami.

If I have a $50,000/yr job in Mobile I am actually welthier than with a $60,000/yr. in Pittsburgh.

Yeah, because that's what we are talking about. Cost of living.

Just my opinion....don't want to offend of course....

I don't want to offend you or anything, but....

Isn't Saban's job to make this happen, and not yours? Is it still somehow a mystery to you, that everytime you post YOUR opinion about this, that it doesn't make all this go away? Seriously, I think it's good that you give your opinion once or twice. I understand, but you present your opinion as if it's the answer to all the problems at UA and that once the BAMA administration gets off their butts and on the horn with you, it'll all be sunshine and rainbows. Please...

Another point I've tried to make, that you just spin out of everytime is...

Isn't it important, and almost common sense, for a program clouded in scrutiny and other "challenges" that maybe it would be in their best interest to be up front, definative, and at minimum, cordial with the media, and public as to the means of their progression and improvement in those areas????? I mean, I know it's nothing they HAVE to do, but don't you in the least bit, find it perplexing that they avoid fixing their "curb appeal" with smiles on their faces?

That's the reason we jump on him and the University of Alabama so much. It isn't the individual "happenings" that are the problem. It's the collective "happenings" and continuous attitude that they have nothing to atone for. It's a pompous and ridiculous approach, and they deserve every scoff they run into.

...don't want to offend though...just educate... It's because I care... :thumbsup:

Isn't Saban's job to make this happen, and not yours? Is it still somehow a mystery to you, that everytime you post YOUR opinion about this, that it doesn't make all this go away? Seriously, I think it's good that you give your opinion once or twice. I understand, but you present your opinion as if it's the answer to all the problems at UA and that once the BAMA administration gets off their butts and on the horn with you, it'll all be sunshine and rainbows. Please...

That doesn't make sense. I was asked about MY opinion on the matter and I gave it. I don't expect my opinion to affect policy at UA. But I still have one.

If you think Brandon Cox should have more designed rollouts, is it your job to NEVER air that opinion? Or is it okay to discuss those thoughts on a message board?

I don't know Matt...The one about how Shula found recruits before anybody else knew about them is pretty high up on that list. This of course to justify the star jump from Rivals once they commit to uat and blindly follow the shula train to nowhere

And Saban is making LESS per year than he was at Miami. So I don't understand why my post was so off base.

JEEZ, BG...when are you going to learn to read. It has NOTHING to do with his annual contract amount. It has to do with the fact that A. His contract at Miami was for a shorter term and not a guaranteed contract. B. He leaves Miami that contract is terminated. Miami isn't still paying him. C. The contract at uat is for a LONGER term (which everybody knows he'll never fulfill) and its GUARANTEED MONEY. It doesn't matter how long he stays at uat, he's guaranteed $32 Million. So, when he leaves in 2-3 years, the university will still be paying him for 5-6 years AFTER HE'S GONE. He doesn't have to give any of the money back when he leaves for a BETTER job. He signed at 8 year contract and NO COACH at uat since 1983 has been there for 8 years. The longest anybody has been at uat is 7 years. This will be no different. 8 year contract GUARANTEED MONEY. Paycut???? :lmao::lmao:

It doesn't matter how long he stays at uat, he's guaranteed $32 Million. So, when he leaves in 2-3 years, the university will still be paying him for 5-6 years AFTER HE'S GONE

Wrong.

Jeez this pains me to do this but BG is correct in this instance. If $aban leaves on his OWN, they do not owe him another dime. As long as he doesn't leave on his own accord then the money is guaranteed to be paid to him.

Any stipulations as to how much of that $32 mil can be placed into a briefcase and transfered to, oh, let's say...Memphis?

Just asking........

That doesn't make sense. I was asked about MY opinion on the matter and I gave it. I don't expect my opinion to affect policy at UA. But I still have one.

If you think Brandon Cox should have more designed rollouts, is it your job to NEVER air that opinion? Or is it okay to discuss those thoughts on a message board?

Ummm...Uhhh...You DO know that I DID say it was "GOOD" that you give your opinion...right? Guess you just didn't quite get a handle on what I was saying there. Our grind is that you represent your opinions as fact most often than not.

Also...

Is it safe to assume that if you give your same opinion over and over, and we don't change, that you by the very definition are...insane? :poke:

No offense....

Ummm...Uhhh...You DO know that I DID say it was "GOOD" that you give your opinion...right? Guess you just didn't quite get a handle on what I was saying there. Our grind is that you represent your opinions as fact most often than not.

Doesn't everyone view their own opinion as fact?

Doesn't everyone view their own opinion as fact?

I'm no Championship Debater...or something...but NOT necessarily...

(IE; you saying that SC shouldnt' have been arrested in your opinion, but in fact.....he did. That's a pretty weak response... It's your opinion that we should wait for the first game and see if those other players are suspended, when in fact, we've already heard they won't be from the HC himself.)

and...

...Uhh..Umm...You do know you're just asking another question in response to another question????

So... Is there anything else pertaining to Saban's lack of openely disciplining his players? Or...just more of the same.....

No more spin BG... This thread is about Saban's Disciplinary Policies.... B)

Archived