Sabanic Discipline

DKW 86

BG....

Dude, Saban has SOOOOO an 0 - 0 record at Bama.

He might be having some recruiting success, but if you think the other teams around him aren't also, you're just more tunnel-visioned then I thought.

Anyway...just more of the same.....

You respond with...

So you don't think Saban is a good recruiter?
I'm spinning it? YOU were the one who posted some crap about the other coaches around him having success...I NEVER said they weren't. My comments originally came about because Galen and I had a conversation where he told me that he didn't think Saban was a good recruiter.

NEWS TICKER GENIUS>>>> I'M NOT GALEN! Yet you quoted and responded to ME.... ...and I NEVER said Saban WASN'T a good recruiter...quite the contrary...

?????

Then...

I said Saban is bringing in a good class to support my argument. YOU came out of field with this other coaches crap, not me.

I picked those two. There's nothing here that should lead anyone to believe that somehow I'M the one that's "retarded & illiterate"....but I don't think it's hard to see that maybe someone here MIGHT be still.

What coach "crap"? So you are saying that you don't believe any other coach besides Saban is having success? Where did I say Saban was NOT having recruiting success??? What is wrong with what I said? Yes, I believe you are being tunnel visioned if you believe that ONLY Saban is having recruiting success.

Again BG, I know you think I'm just picking on you, but please read the entire board and you'll find a hundred places I've been where you're not. It's not a valid argument or crutch for you. I AM picking on you here, because it's just a perfect example of two things..

1 - Your blind, Crimson colored opinions that ignore facts no matter how many times they've been presented...

2. Your absolute complete talant for passing off your OPINIONS as FACT. That's NOT how it works.

I'm not going anywhere BG, so keep it up if you want to, but expect a very annoying response from me whenever and wherever I see it.

Have a good evening...

No offense of course....no hurt feelings please...just my opinion..... :thumbsup:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL! So true. I must say chopper that you are truly handing it to bg. This is usually when he declares complete and total victory. Don't ever expect him to act logically when engaged in a debate. It's win at all costs, even if it involves brainwashing himself, lol.

NEWS TICKER GENIUS>>>> I'M NOT GALEN! Yet you quoted and responded to ME.... ...and I NEVER said Saban WASN'T a good recruiter...quite the contrary...

And for the 111th time, since you still haven't gotten it...

I NEVER said other coaches WEREN'T having a good year in recruiting. I merely responded to your asinine assumption with my own.

But I've said that already, and you ignored it. So why don't you post this:

He might be having some recruiting success, but if you think the other teams around him aren't also, you're just more tunnel-visioned then I thought

For the 14th time like you should win some award. Even though it was, and still is, a COMPLETELY irrelevant point.

I said something to Galen about recruiting. And you came back with that idiotic line about other schools recruiting well. As if my assertion that Saban is having a good year implies that I THINK other schools aren't.

Where does that 2nd grade logic come from? You act like you had this great revelation..."oohhh I'll show him"...and you come off looking like a total pud. I know I know, I'm an Alabama fan...so by default you are the one who's right here. It is, afterall, an "Auburn board". But that doesn't negate the fact that you brought up some completely retarded point.

Arguments go like this - Point, Counterpoint. Not Point...some left field crap that no one was discussing.

Let me give you an equivalent:

BG: Hey Galen, did you see JPW throw for 335 yards and 2 TDs against FSU saturday?

Chopper: BG, you're so stupid...why do you think Brandon Cox is a bad QB? He's really good, and if you don't think he is...then you are an idiot.

As you can see there, I never made a comment about Brandon Cox. Similarly, I never made a point about other schools and their recruiting efforts.

Clearly, you could see why your post caused a "wtf moment" for many here. Your point was completely unrelated. And even after I pointed that out to you...you kept trying to cram your point down my throat, as if I was even contesting it in the first place.

I understand that logic may be lost on you. So why don't you throw up some other unrelated point, with a bunch of spaces between each line, for effect...and go shoot your buds some more PMs about how you "sure showed that bammer".

BG....

Dude, Saban has SOOOOO an 0 - 0 record at Bama.

He might be having some recruiting success, but if you think the other teams around him aren't also, you're just more tunnel-visioned then I thought.

Anyway...just more of the same.....

So you don't think Saban is a good recruiter?

Ummm...this was YOU responding to ME....

Your "discussion with Galen" in this thread consisted of about 3 posts out of the 100+ in this thread. Actually all this recruiting talk is "off topic"...so I'm going to break this to you quickly.... single line typed, since you can't seem to handle double line space "effects"....

First.. The word "recruiting" doesn't come up till post #79 in this thread.

Second.. Your only defense, or argument, or discussion with Galen was in post #90 in this thread.

Space coming up...sorry..

I posted the above post, because it is the first, certainly not the "14th" time we talked about this... It isn't even the 1400th time... or 14 billionth time.... It was the first.

Your post to me was whether or not I believed Saban was a good recruiter? I think that was clearly answered in the post you were responding too. You just didn't like my tone and therefore, you started a pissing match.

Another space for "effect".....

After alllllllll that you've gone off and tried to somehow show where I'M the one here that's dropped out of the nest and hit my head.... Wrong.

Simply read what you responded too. Simply look and see that what you asked was silly since I had just stated that "Saban was having a good recruiting year".

Also "If you don't believe other teams are too, then you're just more tunnel-visioned than I thought" is not "CRAP". It's a simple opinion that other teams around Alabama are having good success in recruiting also. It wasn't a personal attack or anything and how you've continued to go on and on about it is laughable.

Space...

I'm sorry I confuse you and piss you off so much, but it's something you'll just have to get used to as you continue to pursue this arrogant silly "I'm more mature and smarter than everyone else on here" BS.

Another space again...sorry to offend...

Get over it.... I don't think there's any need to continue this thread. Have a good evening BS'er..I mean..BG.

Remember, I'm just an "Overly Verbose Windbag" and also a "Championship Debater...or something"....so give it up man. :moon:

So after all that, I'm sure you can show me in this thread where I indicated that schools around Alabama were doing poorly in recruiting.

Otherwise, I see no point for you bringing it up.

So after all that, I'm sure you can show me in this thread where I indicated that schools around Alabama were doing poorly in recruiting.

No, I won't, because I never said anything that would indicate that I'd have to. That's something you're making up because of your misunderstanding of my post and it only re-directs the fact you haven't been able to answer direct questions pointed at you by me. I've asked you to point out where I said Saban wasn't a good recruiter, and how my original statement was about "coaches", and how it was "crap"? You've ignored and flew past it multiple times now.

Not falling for this latest attempt to breakdown and re-direct. Sorry.

Otherwise, I see no point for you bringing it up.

You questioned me thinking I was Galen or something. You didn't understand my post and decided to engage in this. Deal.

Otherwise, just let it drop. The thread is dead. You're wrong, you never had a clue and going further is pointless....

;)

Just to recap, here's the sequence...since you're having trouble:

We were talking about discipline and Galen suggested/hinted that Saban cheated at LSU...and that led to some of his RECRUITING success. Then I said:

So now that he's proving to be a more than capable recruiter at Alabama, you guys just pooh pooh it away with the old "cheating" stand by.

You guys said he wouldn't be able to recruit at Alabama, it's different that recruiting in Louisiana. Now that he's racking up, you have to change direction.

Nice.

In relation to that notion. A few pages went by then Galen said he wasn't sure that Saban was having a good year (in direct contrast to what EVERYONE else is saying). And Galen and I joke a lot about the fact that he doesn't follow recruiting THAT hard...at least not on a whole scale.

So I replied:

If you can't admit that Saban is having a good year in recruiting, you are a bigger homer than I thought. Then again, you don't even know who your starting left corner is. And he's been there for 3 years...so I wouldn't expect you to be well versed on high school players.

Again, a more than reasonable reply. Didn't say ANYTHING about other schools. Then you come out of left field with:

Which is incredibly off topic. And incredibly assuming of you. I never said anything about other schools and you come at me with that c-r-a-p like it's some kind of counterpoint to my assertion that Saban has proven capable of recruiting outside the state of Louisiana.

So I followed up with an equally tangential question...really to make a point. I didn't expect a real answer out of you. I was just trying to indicate how silly your post was.

I've asked you to point out where I said Saban wasn't a good recruiter, and how my original statement was about "coaches", and how it was "crap"? You've ignored and flew past it multiple times now.

Again, you are not getting it. I never said YOU said Saban wasn't a good recruiter. That was my entire point. I posted it TO MAKE A POINT. I also posted it AFTER you posted your "If you dont think...blah blah blah". And you had no reason to assume that I "don't think other schools...blah blah blah". You just posted that out of left freaking field.

But if you think arguing something completely unreleated...and something incorrectly presumptuous, is a valid debate/arguing tactic...by all means, go nuts.

Additionally, since you CAN'T show me where I said other schools weren't doing well in recruiting...would you mind sharing what relevance that has to the topic at hand?

The topic of recruiting came up because of the suggestion that Saban's good recruiting is wrapped up in a history of cheating. But what does that have to do with other schools?

Just to recap, here's the sequence...since you're having trouble:

We were talking about discipline and Galen suggested/hinted that Saban cheated at LSU...and that led to some of his RECRUITING success. Then I said:

So now that he's proving to be a more than capable recruiter at Alabama, you guys just pooh pooh it away with the old "cheating" stand by.

You guys said he wouldn't be able to recruit at Alabama, it's different that recruiting in Louisiana. Now that he's racking up, you have to change direction.

Nice.

In relation to that notion. A few pages went by then Galen said he wasn't sure that Saban was having a good year (in direct contrast to what EVERYONE else is saying). And Galen and I joke a lot about the fact that he doesn't follow recruiting THAT hard...at least not on a whole scale.

So I replied:

If you can't admit that Saban is having a good year in recruiting, you are a bigger homer than I thought. Then again, you don't even know who your starting left corner is. And he's been there for 3 years...so I wouldn't expect you to be well versed on high school players.

Again, a more than reasonable reply. Didn't say ANYTHING about other schools. Then you come out of left field with:

Which is incredibly off topic. And incredibly assuming of you. I never said anything about other schools and you come at me with that c-r-a-p like it's some kind of counterpoint to my assertion that Saban has proven capable of recruiting outside the state of Louisiana.

So I followed up with an equally tangential question...really to make a point. I didn't expect a real answer out of you. I was just trying to indicate how silly your post was.

But if you think arguing something completely unreleated...and something incorrectly presumptuous, is a valid debate/arguing tactic...by all means, go nuts.

Everything I bolded is false. Your "inside jokes" with Galen aren't for me to interpret. I read what's there in front of me. You want to play personal joke, inside hanky-panky with your posts then PM him, or get his phone number. If it's out here for everyone to see, then you're going to get responses based on what you wrote.

Not everyone on here is outright accusing Saban of cheating, but it is "interesting" that all the Hoover items are happening in the same fashion that the LSU/HS issues occured. Excuse all of us silly Aubs if that raises an eyebrow, but that's for other threads, isn't it.

Besides, inside joke or not, you're the one that wrote about and continues to boast about how he's "racking up". My post is NOT out of left field. It's in direct response to your constant assertion, and other bammer assertions, that Saban is somehow leaps and bounds in front of everyone else, and YES BG, that's what you project with statements like that.

It's not crap, it wasn't off topic in regards to the current conversation, and it's not out of left field, it was just asked by me. It was written in a tone you didn't like, and you decided to go Captain Smartass with an arrogant question that didn't make any sense.

So, re-post it again if you want, it will still make you look silly. Please..keep going....

So by me saying Saban is having a good year in recruiting...that AUTOMATICALLY means I think all the other schools are not?

Since when is only one school allowed to have a good year in recruiting?

Additionally, since you CAN'T show me where I said other schools weren't doing well in recruiting...would you mind sharing what relevance that has to the topic at hand?

I don't HAVE to show you squat BG. I've already explained it to you already. Here it is one more time anyway though.... You DO read English...right?

I WROTE: After alllllllll that you've gone off and tried to somehow show where I'M the one here that's dropped out of the nest and hit my head.... Wrong.

Simply read what you responded too. Simply look and see that what you asked was silly since I had just stated that "Saban was having a good recruiting year".

Also "If you don't believe other teams are too, then you're just more tunnel-visioned than I thought" is not "CRAP". It's a simple opinion that other teams around Alabama are having good success in recruiting also. It wasn't a personal attack or anything and how you've continued to go on and on about it is laughable.

It's relevant in regards to the simple statement pointing out that Saban is NOT the only coach having success. It's a related tag in rebuttal to your assertion that Saban is "racking up" and that Auburn is only saying what we're saying because we somehow feel inferior, or that we're not doing as well. It's not the case...everyone else got what I was saying...but keep arguing to argue...

The topic of recruiting came up because of the suggestion that Saban's good recruiting is wrapped up in a history of cheating. But what does that have to do with other schools?

If it's Saban, it doesn't matter what school he's at, does it? NO. So excuse the interesting parallels that have occured in the LSU and now the Hoover deal. Nothing's been proven yet, but we have every right in the world to question, snicker, or raise an eyebrow as your chief rival. I know that's been a very difficult thing for you to understand, so seeing you here asking about it again, is not surprising.

So by me saying Saban is having a good year in recruiting...that AUTOMATICALLY means I think all the other schools are not?

Since when is only one school allowed to have a good year in recruiting?

Yawn.

sfiselfdestructhr4.gif

Weak.

A question to answer questions... a revolutionary new BG tactic.

It's a related tag in rebuttal to your assertion that Saban is "racking up" and that Auburn is only saying what we're saying because we somehow feel inferior, or that we're not doing as well. It's not the case...everyone else got what I was saying...but keep arguing to argue...

Wow...quite the backtrack. Your whole argument is based on this asinine conclusion that you came to...so from now on, anytime YOU say someone is doing well in recruiting, I guess I'm to assume you think everyone else is sucking ass in recruiting...

Wow...ok. You explained yourself. That's all I needed to read.

Weak.

A question to answer questions... a revolutionary new BG tactic.

Just wanted to clarify. Because that is EXACTLY what you asserted.

Saban is a hell of a recruiter, imo.

He really did a hell of a job turning around the type of players Dinardo brought in....and bringing in good bodies with a hell of a lot of talent.

Alabama's talent level will rise dramatically in the next 2-3 years, imo.

Just a point for clarification here...sabear has recruited NOBODY...not one single player has signed with uat for the '08 class. Put all those lovelly "Verbals" in a sack and shake it up. First, they gotta' sign on the dotted line, THEN, they gotta' get into school, (A lesson uat is learning the HARD(hoover)way!

'Till that happens, all of this is just something/anything for uaters to "feel good about" and distract them from the season that is about to unravel/unfold.

It's a related tag in rebuttal to your assertion that Saban is "racking up" and that Auburn is only saying what we're saying because we somehow feel inferior, or that we're not doing as well. It's not the case...everyone else got what I was saying...but keep arguing to argue...

Wow...quite the backtrack. Your whole argument is based on this asinine conclusion that you came to...so from now on, anytime YOU say someone is doing well in recruiting, I guess I'm to assume you think everyone else is sucking ass in recruiting...

Wow...ok. You explained yourself. That's all I needed to read.

"Backtrack"? funnypicturesanimatedfuqq1.gif This was only a couple posts ago, but you've ignored everything else and admitted now that you're choosing what to read and what not to read...here ya go...

Besides, inside joke or not, you're the one that wrote about and continues to boast about how he's "racking up". My post is NOT out of left field. It's in direct response to your constant assertion, and other bammer assertions, that Saban is somehow leaps and bounds in front of everyone else, and YES BG, that's what you project with statements like that.

It's not crap, it wasn't off topic in regards to the current conversation, and it's not out of left field, it was just asked by me. It was written in a tone you didn't like, and you decided to go Captain Smartass with an arrogant question that didn't make any sense.

So.."Wow..ok. You explained yourself."......to use your words.

You just keep on spinning and reading only what you want to read. Good approach. :thumbsup:

Just a point for clarification here...sabear has recruited NOBODY...not one single player has signed with uat for the '08 class. Put all those lovelly "Verbals" in a sack and shake it up. First, they gotta' sign on the dotted line, THEN, they gotta' get into school, (A lesson uat is learning the HARD(hoover)way!

Yes sir! :thumbsup:

Archived