Where do you rank Louisville after last night?

BamaGrad03

About 12-15. You gotta' cut em' a little slack and think they just weren't mentally into MTSU. Their D is probably better than that...certainly not great but better than what we saw last night. Problem is, you still have to contend with that offense, which looks pretty darn good.

Don't they have UK next week? Much better guage of where they are after that one.

Honestly, I don't know where they should be ranked yet. Same with LSU, and same with USC (actually, kidding on that one, they're OBVIOUSLY the #1 team EVAR). We've seen some weird things happen already this year, and most of the "good" teams haven't been too good. LSU probably had the best performance I've seen, and Cal is 2nd (haven't seen too many though), but that doesn't mean LSU should be 1 and Cal should be 2. MSU made LSU look pretty meh in the first half, and Cal gave up a ton of points... Bottom line = ITS TOO EARLY!

About 12-15. You gotta' cut em' a little slack and think they just weren't mentally into MTSU. Their D is probably better than that...certainly not great but better than what we saw last night. Problem is, you still have to contend with that offense, which looks pretty darn good.

Don't they have UK next week? Much better guage of where they are after that one.

Is allowing 3 touchdowns in the first quarter to the powerhouse MTSU offense being "not mentally into it?" How about giving up about 50 points total to them? Is that "not mentally into it" too?

Giving up 50 points to ANYBODY would be an embarassment.

No, they are extremely overrated. They would not last 1 quarter on the field with a team like South Carolina or Georgia. They have no business in the Top 25, and especially in the Top 10.

They should be at least 40th, well behind USF and Alabama both.

They ONLY gave up 42.

So there...nyaaah.

Nobody said last night wasn't an embarassment for their defense. They ran up 70 plus last week and thought they'd be facing a similar type team. They took them way too lightly. Looks like they woke up in the second half, though. To say they couldn't last a quarter against South Carolina or Georgia...please, put the crack pipe down. It's affecting your mind plus, it's illegal.

USF beat ELON (Is that a DIII school?) by 15. You think Louisville should be rated behind them? And your rationale for that would be....? Oh yeah, I forgot Elon has that vaunted defense we've all heard so much about. Look, you can't judge a team by one half of football. You can't say Texas sucks because they took Arkansas State way too lightly. UK may really expose them. I hope so. But I still say defense or no defense, you're going to have to outscore Louisville this year and they're pretty damn good at putting a lot of points on the board.

Look at Louisville's schedule.

Date Opponent / Event Location Time/Result

08/30/07 vs. MURRAY STATE PAPA JOHN'S CARDINAL STADIUM W, 73-10

09/06/07 vs. MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE PAPA JOHN'S CARDINAL STADIUM W, 58-42

09/15/07 at Kentucky Lexington, Ky. 7:30 p.m. ET

09/22/07 vs. SYRACUSE * PAPA JOHN'S CARDINAL STADIUM TBA

09/29/07 at North Carolina State Raleigh, N.C. TBA

10/05/07 vs. UTAH PAPA JOHN'S CARDINAL STADIUM 8:00 p.m. ET

10/13/07 at Cincinnati * Cincinnati, Ohio TBA

10/19/07 at Connecticut * East Hartford, Conn. 8:00 p.m. ET

10/27/07 vs. PITTSBURGH * (Homecoming) PAPA JOHN'S CARDINAL STADIUM TBA

11/08/07 at West Virginia * Morgantown, W.Va. 7:30 p.m. ET

11/17/07 at USF * Tampa, Fla. TBA

11/29/07 vs. RUTGERS * PAPA JOHN'S CARDINAL STADIUM 7:30 p.m. ET

They don't really play anybody, and they definitely don't play anybody on their OOC schedule. So how are THEY getting the push, when the SEC gets comments like "SEC needs to play tougher non-conference games"? How are THEY getting the push when they give up 42 points to MTSU?

It's as if these things are conveniently overlooked when it is a Lousville or Rutgers type team, yet when it comes to SEC, these are key points on which to build an argument??????

Can't argue with that. Their entire schedule is ridiculous. I've never heard so much crap by the national media about the SEC's OOC schedule as I have this year. Yet, go down the list of teams from major conferences and you'll see that no one is any better than the SEC when it comes to strength of schedule.

Can't argue with that. Their entire schedule is ridiculous. I've never heard so much crap by the national media about the SEC's OOC schedule as I have this year. Yet, go down the list of teams from major conferences and you'll see that no one is any better than the SEC when it comes to strength of schedule.

When you have to play LSU and Florida in the same year....I don't want to hear any BS about OOC schedule. Then you add to it Georgia, Arkansas, etc.... If you play LSU and Florida, then you have played two of the toughest teams in the country already.

Is allowing 3 touchdowns in the first quarter to the powerhouse MTSU offense being "not mentally into it?" How about giving up about 50 points total to them? Is that "not mentally into it" too?

Giving up 50 points to ANYBODY would be an embarassment.

No, they are extremely overrated. They would not last 1 quarter on the field with a team like South Carolina or Georgia. They have no business in the Top 25, and especially in the Top 10.

They should be at least 40th, well behind USF and Alabama both.

Circle, Louisville would beat South Carolina by at least 21 points, South will win maybe 6 games this year. I know there defense is horrible but the O is ausome.

Archived