Is Nick Saban skirting the rules in recruiting?

RunInRed

I think that football coaches should only be judged by what they do concerning football, and lets remember after all that they are only human.

I don't agree. They are high on the totem pole of public figures and hence are held to higher standards, They are also father figures and role models for lots of young men. To say they should only be judged by what they do concerning FB is like saying New York Governor Spitzer should be only be judged by what he does concerning his role in government.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is correct. When you are in a position of authority over people, you are obligated to NEVER compromise your ability to do your job by losing their respect. Once you have lost their respect, it is darn near impossible to lead them. They don't just look at how well you execute your professional responsibilities. They look at every aspect, and the better the "package" the more effective you can be.

When you are a teacher, coach, politician, public figure.....YOU are the commodity, not your skills.

I grew up a Bammer in the 1960's-70's. My relatives have played for each school. Bear Bryant definitely drank and too much.

Pat Dye...most sober guy, ever.

What do you expect, he learned at the feet of the MASTER.

I grew up a Bammer in the 1960's-70's. My relatives have played for each school. Bear Bryant definitely drank and too much.

While I doubt he could drink Mike Price under the table, touche'.

WOW ! Bama set up au more than au was guilty and it's Bama's fault your #3 on a who's who of cheating!

Thanks for the morning laugh. :roflol:

Whoa, judged by on and off field behavior? TT has lied and it is certainly documented but that's different right,yea thought so. We could go back and forth on both schools problems but it doesn't make one worse than the other as you all are implying. :rolleyes: Only difference is ours in recent.

Do you guys actually step back and read what you type?

This is some of the most unbelieveable excuse making I've ever seen from people who complain about others making excuses.

You guys are funny :lol:

WOW ! Bama set up au more than au was guilty and it's Bama's fault your #3 on a who's who of cheating!

Whoa, judged by on and off field behavior? TT has lied and it is certainly documented but that's different right,yea thought so. We could go back and forth on both schools problems but it doesn't make one worse than the other as you all are implying. :rolleyes: Only difference is ours in recent.

This is some of the most unbelieveable excuse making I've ever seen from people who complain about others making excuses.

What we have here is another uat fan that doesn't know his own schools history. Research is a powerful tool. It's the off season use it wisely and learn your schools history. You won't look and sound so ignorant in the future.

What we have here is another uat fan that doesn't know his own schools history. Research is a powerful tool. It's the off season use it wisely and learn your schools history. You won't look and sound so ignorant in the future.

Look out! He's probably 14 or 15...and he has a computer!!

What we have is au fans pointing fingers and accusing someone of cheating while au is #3 on the list of cheaters and au fans using the excuse that it's the fault of Bama.

The better question is do you read what you type? What middle school do you attend?

News flash, it has been 15 years since Auburn was last put on probation. In that time, how many head coaches and how many times has Alabama been put on probation?

Argument over

What we have is au fans pointing fingers and accusing someone of cheating while au is #3 on the list of cheaters and au fans using the excuse that it's the fault of Bama.

What we have with you is a 12 year old that doesn't know what lengths uat will go to, to undermine auburn success. Many of us were around when these things were happening. We will excuse your ignorance because of your age, but you really should study your schools history.

We aren't accusing uat of cheating...we're telling you uat cheats...period. They have been since the 1920's and even 5 years in NCAA jail didn't stop you. REC is at full swing once again....everybody across the country knows it.. (let me guess, you don't even know what the REC is, right??) Again, study your schools history.

Saying that its uat's fault we were put on probation isn't an excuse....its a well documented FACT.

I'll even say this: uat is the most corrupt, underhanded university in the country. bryant spent his entire career at uat turning in other programs just to keep the ncaa away from his own. That is also a fact.

Throwing rocks and living in glass houses. Yea, that's very intellegent. Good luck when history rolls back around and you move up to #2 on the ''cheaters'' list. Bama isn't the school that has several coaches still on hush funds. Your own coach T. Bowden has owned up to au cheating. What do you think the hush fund was set up for? You going to blame Bama for that too?

It's funny that you stand high on your pedestal and preach of knowing your history yet you side step your own shortcomings while slinging those rocks.

It's good your a passionate fan but sad that you cling to blaming your hated rival for your own ''documented facts'' of being a worse cheater than the school your condemming. It's also entertaining to see a lot of you doing what you point out Bama has done.

Your doing the same thing you laugh at Bama fans for. That's classic. :roflol:

Throwing rocks and living in glass houses. Yea, that's very intellegent. Good luck when history rolls back around and you move up to #2 on the ''cheaters'' list. Bama isn't the school that has several coaches still on hush funds. Your own coach T. Bowden has owned up to au cheating. What do you think the hush fund was set up for? You going to blame Bama for that too?

It's funny that you stand high on your pedestal and preach of knowing your history yet you side step your own shortcomings while slinging those rocks.

It's good your a passionate fan but sad that you cling to blaming your hated rival for your own ''documented facts'' of being a worse cheater than the school your condemming. It's also entertaining to see a lot of you doing what you point out Bama has done.

Your doing the same thing you laugh at Bama fans for. That's classic. :roflol:

What does Luther Davis' mother think about your arguement?

Reading comprehension skills should be required before folks are allowed to post. But, let's not re-hash what's been pointed out to you in the last few pages. Let's just focus on the fact that Bama paid at least $150,000.00 to get an overweight, overrated defensive lineman out of Memphis. This isn't a bunch of AUBS making some off the wall accusation. This was proven in a court of law, for all the world to see. The man who paid it was headed up the river until he mysteriously "Hit his head" on something and died.

Let me spell that out for you. ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS. For ONE player. Means wasn't even the top recruit in that class. This is speculation here. How much do you think was paid for the rest of that class? Spurrier knew Bama was cheating. He said so publically. Even a dweeb like Fulmer knew it and he reported it to the proper authorities. (The rest is history) Florida reporter and regular on Finebaum's show,Archie Lamb, said of Bama's probation that it was about time. They've been the dirtiest players in the game and now that Bryant is long gone, the NCAA has no reason to look the other way.

Again, these aren't barners pointing and laughing. It's the rest of the college football world outside the state of Alabama. I heard an interview yesterday with a former Dolphins player and radio host in Miami Joe Rose (I believe) He was not just ripping Nicky, he was ripping Bama, it's fans and the way they do business in general. Face it, you guys have set the bar pretty high. And yes, we are lauging because you're the only ones who don't get it. Just win baby.

Reading comprehension skills should be required before folks are allowed to post. But, let's not re-hash what's been pointed out to you in the last few pages. Let's just focus on the fact that Bama paid at least $150,000.00 to get an overweight, overrated defensive lineman out of Memphis. This isn't a bunch of AUBS making some off the wall accusation. This was proven in a court of law, for all the world to see. The man who paid it was headed up the river until he mysteriously "Hit his head" on something and died.

Let me spell that out for you. ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS. For ONE player. Means wasn't even the top recruit in that class. This is speculation here. How much do you think was paid for the rest of that class? Spurrier knew Bama was cheating. He said so publically. Even a dweeb like Fulmer knew it and he reported it to the proper authorities. (The rest is history) Florida reporter and regular on Finebaum's show,Archie Lamb, said of Bama's probation that it was about time. They've been the dirtiest players in the game and now that Bryant is long gone, the NCAA has no reason to look the other way.

Again, these aren't barners pointing and laughing. It's the rest of the college football world outside the state of Alabama. I heard an interview yesterday with a former Dolphins player and radio host in Miami Joe Rose (I believe) He was not just ripping Nicky, he was ripping Bama, it's fans and the way they do business in general. Face it, you guys have set the bar pretty high. And yes, we are lauging because you're the only ones who don't get it. Just win baby.

we have to excuse our uat loser friend here. He just doesn't have a clue how completely corrupt his university is....

Where did I mention we never cheated? I never said we didn't cheat. Reading comprehension indeed. Nice of you to point that out though. I'm just enjoying the fact that you guys are doing what you laugh at Bama fans for doing.

I'm sure you'll push the subject toward a personal attack here soon so it won't matter that I have pointed out a ''fact '' that bottom line your guilty and making all the excuses,''documented facts'' or what ever you like,au is still where they are on that list and no matter what you say it won't change that fact.

And yes it is ,as you said,'' Barners '', pointing and laughing. :rolleyes:

This is what I said.

QUOTE(gridironfan @ Mar 12 2008, 08:17 AM)

Thanks for the morning laugh.

Whoa, judged by on and off field behavior? TT has lied and it is certainly documented but that's different right,yea thought so. We could go back and forth on both schools problems but it doesn't make one worse than the other as you all are implying. Only difference is ours in recent.

You guys are funny

we have to excuse our uat loser friend here. He just doesn't have a clue how completely corrupt his university is....

Preach on brother, cast them stones. :lol:

Those aren't stones sonny, they are facts, and as many here have learned nothing, and I mean nothing, gets to you bammers like facts. We throw facts, you throw back spin.

Where did I mention we never cheated? I never said we didn't cheat. Reading comprehension indeed. Nice of you to point that out though. I'm just enjoying the fact that you guys are doing what you laugh at Bama fans for doing.

I'm sure you'll push the subject toward a personal attack here soon so it won't matter that I have pointed out a ''fact '' that bottom line your guilty and making all the excuses,''documented facts'' or what ever you like,au is still where they are on that list and no matter what you say it won't change that fact.

You just don't get it, do you? These aren't excuses, they are FACTS. They happened. What we are laughing at, besides you, is that you uaters were so bent out of shape when fulmer (allegedly) turned you in to the ncaa for the cheating that was and is going on at uat, yet not ONCE have you condemned bryant that did the exact same thing to EVERY university in the south. Why do you think he's famous for the quote: "Whenever the ncaa investigates alabama, auburn goes on probation." He had the ncaa firmly in his back pocket for years. We know you are a delusional uater and think your precious university could do no wrong, but history shows otherwise. Tell me, how much did this #1 class cost uat? cheer up, though...when uat goes on probation again, at least they'll have a trophy the ncaa actually sanctions. Again, uat = most corrupt athletic program in the country. It is what it is.... Hey, I wonder if bama my heart and baby grid here are the same person? Seems when one disappeared the other showed up. Interesting. Believe me we've had this discussion here multiple times with better and smarter people than yourself.

And yes it is ,as you said,'' Barners '', pointing and laughing. :rolleyes:

This is what I said.

QUOTE(gridironfan @ Mar 12 2008, 08:17 AM)

Thanks for the morning laugh.

Whoa, judged by on and off field behavior? TT has lied and it is certainly documented but that's different right,yea thought so. We could go back and forth on both schools problems but it doesn't make one worse than the other as you all are implying. Only difference is ours in recent.

You guys are funny

Those aren't stones sonny, they are facts, and as many here have learned nothing, and I mean nothing, gets to you bammers like facts. We throw facts, you throw back spin.

Throwing back spin? You do a fine job of it yourself. :roflol:

You don't get it do you? Glass houses. Throw them all you want. You can call it want you want to.

Fact is your school cheated and you blame it all on Bama. Bear did it. OMG! Bama is the reason your school is listed as worst cheaters in the state. You accept no blame but to ''make excuses''. The first step to dealing with a problem is to admit to it. With all the talk of Bama fans making excuses you guys sure do make them. You think au is not guilty of any of the probation you've been put on? Wow just amazing.

Fact is you have coaches on hush funds that admitted to cheating and you know it. Divert or ignore it all you want . Truth is your still stuck trying to make a sorry point about Bama being to blame for YOUR probation and not once did any of you comment on T.Bowden admitting to cheating while at au. There you go again pointing about spin and facts but fail to see you've done the same thing. :rolleyes:

Like I said, stand up there on that pedestal. It's a long way down.

War Tiger,don't try to put words in my mouth. Show me where I said anything about Bama doing no wrong.

I'm done with this pointless argument. I'm going back to watching you guys and laughing at you pointing fingers while being guilty of doing the same things. It really is fun. :roflol:

I never realized how entertaining it is to watch spin and denial at its finest form. Iguess it is true what they say, au fans really do have the ''little brother syndrom'' WOW! :lol:

Throwing back spin? You do a fine job of it yourself. :roflol:

You don't get it do you? Glass houses. Throw them all you want. You can call it want you want to.

Fact is your school cheated and you blame it all on Bama. Bear did it. OMG! Bama is the reason your school is listed as worst cheaters in the state. You accept no blame but to ''make excuses''. The first step to dealing with a problem is to admit to it. With all the talk of Bama fans making excuses you guys sure do make them. You think au is not guilty of any of the probation you've been put on? Wow just amazing.

Fact is you have coaches on hush funds that admitted to cheating and you know it. Divert or ignore it all you want . Truth is your still stuck trying to make a sorry point about Bama being to blame for YOUR probation and not once did any of you comment on T.Bowden admitting to cheating while at au. There you go again pointing about spin and facts but fail to see you've done the same thing. :rolleyes:

Like I said, stand up there on that pedestal. It's a long way down.

War Tiger,don't try to put words in my mouth. Show me where I said anything about Bama doing no wrong.

I'm done with this pointless argument. I'm going back to watching you guys and laughing at you pointing fingers while being guilty of doing the same things. It really is fun. :roflol:

I never realized how entertaining it is to watch spin and denial at its finest form. Iguess it is true what they say, au fans really do have the ''little brother syndrom'' WOW! :lol:

again...your just delusioned in your thinking and severe lack of knowledge. Glad you are done, guess that means we can count on your alter ego, bama my heart, coming back now, huh? I must have hit it on the head too about your age, huh? Not once did you ever correct me on that, but defending that cesspool of corruption that is uat. Read your own posts if you want great spin and denial. The difference is you can go to any bookstore in the state of alabama and pick up a book and read documented proof that bryant and uat cheat.... Not once did you comment on the famous bryant quote and the fact that he turned in every program in the south to keep them away from his own. Believe me its us doing the laughing cause we know the truth and your just young and don't know any better.

Fact is you have coaches on hush funds that admitted to cheating and you know it. Divert or ignore it all you want .

I think the only ex-football coach the university is paying is Pat Dye and he is a fund raiser if I'm not mistaken. Hush funds is the bama party line. You don't have a clue.

not once did any of you comment on T.Bowden admitting to cheating while at au.

CTB said a lot of things after he quit\got fired or whatever. I don't think he ever said he cheated. He did say he wanted to change some things that he didn't like\agree with but he was very non-specific. As a condition of his severence pay, he agreed not to bash the university but that contract has long been ended. I haven't heard him say anything but good things about Auburn since.

We realize you are just repeating what you hear on bama boards and aren't old\smart enough to have your own opinion on this stuff but you really are becoming annoying.

Fact is you have coaches on hush funds that admitted to cheating and you know it. Divert or ignore it all you want .

I think the only ex-football coach the university is paying is Pat Dye and he is a fund raiser if I'm not mistaken. Hush funds is the bama party line. You don't have a clue.

not once did any of you comment on T.Bowden admitting to cheating while at au.

CTB said a lot of things after he quit\got fired or whatever. I don't think he ever said he cheated. He did say he wanted to change some things that he didn't like\agree with but he was very non-specific. As a condition of his severence pay, he agreed not to bash the university but that contract has long been ended. I haven't heard him say anything but good things about Auburn since.

We realize you are just repeating what you hear on bama boards and aren't old\smart enough to have your own opinion on this stuff but you really are becoming annoying.

You know there are a lot more harsher things I could have put up here but these were some of the less damning ones. Before you start changing the subject and start with personal attacks I want to be clear that this is a responce to your crying that Bama is to blame. I hope you can click on the link from way up there on that ''do no wrong '' pedestal you guys have laid claim to.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1617370

http://www.dawgsports.com/story/2006/7/16/1376/16504

Pointing thoses fingers and laughing? Careful because you guys might be the ones being laughed at.

I guess Bear was the one paying the money to all those au recruites huh? Geeze what is wrong with you guys and your denial. :lol:

Like I said glass houses, keep throwing those rocks. One day you'll break your own. I'd bet the first spin is he's discruntled.

Whatever :rolleyes:

We don't hold up Pat Dye to be a Football God and to get back on the subject, I was responding to the poster above that asked how someone could know Bear drank.

Typical Bammer, poor reading comprehension and response skills.

Archived