Is Nick Saban skirting the rules in recruiting?

RunInRed

Fact is you have coaches on hush funds that admitted to cheating and you know it. Divert or ignore it all you want .

I think the only ex-football coach the university is paying is Pat Dye and he is a fund raiser if I'm not mistaken. Hush funds is the bama party line. You don't have a clue.

not once did any of you comment on T.Bowden admitting to cheating while at au.

CTB said a lot of things after he quit\got fired or whatever. I don't think he ever said he cheated. He did say he wanted to change some things that he didn't like\agree with but he was very non-specific. As a condition of his severence pay, he agreed not to bash the university but that contract has long been ended. I haven't heard him say anything but good things about Auburn since.

We realize you are just repeating what you hear on bama boards and aren't old\smart enough to have your own opinion on this stuff but you really are becoming annoying.

Quit ranting and state some FACTS.. Forget what's been said to this point. State your case and support it with facts.

You know there are a lot more harsher things I could have put up here but these were some of the less damning ones. Before you start changing the subject and start with personal attacks I want to be clear that this is a responce to your crying that Bama is to blame. I hope you can click on the link from way up there on that ''do no wrong '' pedestal you guys have laid claim to.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1617370

http://www.dawgsports.com/story/2006/7/16/1376/16504

Pointing thoses fingers and laughing? Careful because you guys might be the ones being laughed at.

I guess Bear was the one paying the money to all those au recruites huh? Geeze what is wrong with you guys and your denial. :lol:

Like I said glass houses, keep throwing those rocks. One day you'll break your own. I'd bet the first spin is he's discruntled.

Whatever :rolleyes:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I grew up a Bammer in the 1960's-70's. My relatives have played for each school. Bear Bryant definitely drank and too much.

Pat Dye...most sober guy, ever.

We don't hold up Pat Dye to be a Football God and to get back on the subject, I was responding to the poster above that asked how someone could know Bear drank.

Typical Bammer, poor reading comprehension and response skills.

Well, our field is Pat Dye Field. He's been pretty important to us.

Here is the difference, though. What I hate is the hypocrisy. We really liked Dye's results on the field. And, while he was a great help to many young men (Bo Jackson, Chette Williams, and Otis Moundsto name a few), we recognized his shortcomings. Obviously, Bryant was a great coach. However, when the conversation turns to him being a "daddy" to all of his players, it just sounds like horse dung. It's like he was some moral barometer.

We love Pat Dye for making us the team of the 90's, for bringing the Alabama game to Auburn, and for standing up and showing strength when Auburn needed it.

Fact is you have coaches on hush funds that admitted to cheating and you know it. Divert or ignore it all you want .

I think the only ex-football coach the university is paying is Pat Dye and he is a fund raiser if I'm not mistaken. Hush funds is the bama party line. You don't have a clue.

CTB said a lot of things after he quit\got fired or whatever. I don't think he ever said he cheated. He did say he wanted to change some things that he didn't like\agree with but he was very non-specific. As a condition of his severence pay, he agreed not to bash the university but that contract has long been ended. I haven't heard him say anything but good things about Auburn since.

We realize you are just repeating what you hear on bama boards and aren't old\smart enough to have your own opinion on this stuff but you really are becoming annoying.

You know there are a lot more harsher things I could have put up here but these were some of the less damning ones. Before you start changing the subject and start with personal attacks I want to be clear that this is a responce to your crying that Bama is to blame. I hope you can click on the link from way up there on that ''do no wrong '' pedestal you guys have laid claim to.

Pointing thoses fingers and laughing? Careful because you guys might be the ones being laughed at.

I guess Bear was the one paying the money to all those au recruites huh? Geeze what is wrong with you guys and your denial. :lol:

Like I said glass houses, keep throwing those rocks. One day you'll break your own. I'd bet the first spin is he's discruntled.

So you referenced an article which Terry Bowden himself wouldn't validate and a blog by a rival fan??? :no: Dude your booster got convicted of a felony and Pat Dye got slammed by the ncaa for helping a player obtain a bank loan and giving his family a few steaks.

No one said we've never done wrong but come on... Whatever is right.

So you referenced an article which Terry Bowden himself wouldn't validate and a blog by a rival fan??? :no: Dude your booster got convicted of a felony and Pat Dye got slammed by the ncaa for helping a player obtain a bank loan and giving his family a few steaks.

No one said we've never done wrong but come on... Whatever is right.

A slight correction.....while Pat Dye is ultimately responsible as the HC, it wasn't Pat that actually helped the player.

I'm done with this pointless argument. I'm going back to watching you guys and laughing at you pointing fingers while being guilty of doing the same things. It really is fun. :roflol:

I never realized how entertaining it is to watch spin and denial at its finest form. Iguess it is true what they say, au fans really do have the ''little brother syndrom'' WOW! :lol:

You were done before you started and just didn't know it :big:

Try stating some facts rather than obtuse and provocative responses. Come on, lets have a fact contest. You go first.

Thanks to ME (Post #37, check the date between post #36 and mine, lol).....Yea, Woo Hoo. :cheer::big:

Here's a quick rumor, the NCAA is looking into Les Miles' recruiting...Possible Major Violations.

Also, that Top Prospects Program is going to interview Mr. Patrick Johnson a LSU signee. As well as Julio and Love... :poke: , had to add that in there.

Thanks to ME (Post #37, check the date between post #36 and mine, lol).....Yea, Woo Hoo. :cheer::big:

Here's a quick rumor, the NCAA is looking into Les Miles' recruiting...Possible Major Violations.

Also, that Top Prospects Program is going to interview Mr. Patrick Johnson a LSU signee. As well as Julio and Love... :poke: , had to add that in there.

as far as the LSU stuff, i'm not so sure i would consider a blogging website called "thejockrap" a legitimate source for that rumor. but hey, to each his own.

as far as the LSU stuff, i'm not so sure i would consider a blogging website called "thejockrap" a legitimate source for that rumor. but hey, to each his own.

I'm with rws on this one.

Uh, aren't you forgetting that if prowler posts it, it is fact?

I just post 'em like I sees 'em.....By the way, I did supply a link.

Here's my link, from the Rivals section

...Jesus H., what more do you bammers want. Sorry, I don't bruise my knees to get some inside Info when talking to Coach or player (in RWS' case, a recruit)....I try to use websites. Oh yeah, and Facts, that's something you bammers know Nothing about. FWIW, Florida recruited all three of the players that the Top Prospects Program is meeting with.

Facts? What a joke. Selective facts and then you guys make excuse after excuse and spin it.

Your program is no better, in fact ,your recorded as worse. That's ''documented facts'' in the OFFICIAL record books and nothing you say will ever change that. Blame whomever you want. It won't change what the official records say. That's fact. Damn ,don't you understand your trying to have it both ways. You say present facts but then you say '' oh yea, well its because Bama did this or Bear did that''. Excuses people excuses and spin.

Lets see you had 4 major infractions from 1980 to 2004. Yea, Bear's fault. You people are so blinded by your own arrogance from 6 years of luck the Bama administration and lack of leadership has hand wrapped to you. I'm sure you won't admit it but you all know it is the truth and you can mask it,cloud it ,deny all you want . These are facts. You can't deny our probation and several head coaches over the last seveal years have help in your success. You don't have to admit it but you know it's true. You know it helped. So does everyone else.

https://goomer.ncaa.org/wdbctx/LSDBi/LSDBi....utton=Go+Search

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2520055

Your nothing more than hypocrites with nothing to show for it other than a few years of success while your rival has had it's most embarassing years in history. Keep thinking your better,your not.

For the record I never said we didn't do anything. You guys are the one crying that Bama is cheating and are worse. Well the 'FACTS'' show that you are worse. Regardless of how. It's official.

Facts? What a joke. Selective facts and then you guys make excuse after excuse and spin it.

Your program is no better, in fact ,your recorded as worse. That's ''documented facts'' in the OFFICIAL record books and nothing you say will ever change that. Blame whomever you want. It won't change what the official records say. That's fact. Damn ,don't you understand your trying to have it both ways. You say present facts but then you say '' oh yea, well its because Bama did this or Bear did that''. Excuses people excuses and spin.

Lets see you had 4 major infractions from 1980 to 2004. Yea, Bear's fault. You people are so blinded by your own arrogance from 6 years of luck the Bama administration and lack of leadership has hand wrapped to you. I'm sure you won't admit it but you all know it is the truth and you can mask it,cloud it ,deny all you want . These are facts. You can't deny our probation and several head coaches over the last seveal years have help in your success. You don't have to admit it but you know it's true. You know it helped. So does everyone else.

Your nothing more than hypocrites with nothing to show for it other than a few years of success while your rival has had it's most embarassing years in history. Keep thinking your better,your not.

For the record I never said we didn't do anything. You guys are the one crying that Bama is cheating and are worse. Well the 'FACTS'' show that you are worse. Regardless of how. It's official.

Run along now bro, you momma is calling. The only fact you need to be concerned with is:

http://webpages.charter.net/evansgv/spuatMemories

Again with the probation excuse? Geez, we'll still be hearing that tired excuse 20 years from now.... your probation had NOTHING to do with our winning 50 games over the last 5 years. We've only played uat 5 times. That means we've won FOURTY FIVE games against teams NOT uat. We've also beaten Florida, Tennessee, LSU, UGA, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Nebraska and wisconsin. You can't have it both ways either. During our 6 game streak we've beaten TWO 10 win uat teams. You run off at the mouth about probation crippling your program, but only when it suits you. Why was it that your mediocre program was "good" enough to win 10 games TWICE in the last 6 years, but still couldn't manage to beat auburn?

We don't think we are better, we know we are. The football success is merely a bonus. IF we really have only a few years of "luck" as you put it, (particularly against uat) then why is it that uat only holds a 5 game lead in the series? After all, if you are such a force in the football world, surely you would lead us by more than 5 paltry games. Again, we've had this discussion here hundreds of times with uat fans that have a lot more knowledge of their program than you ever will. Face it, you are in a losing battle here and have been from the start. I see your alter ego bama my heart must not have been available after you said you were "done with this ridiculous argument" a few days ago. Welcome back to the "discussion" that you will never win. We will constantly shoot down every thing you bring to the table. I admit it is fun to have some new targets to mow down here. Believe me we have a lot of ammunition when comparing auburn and that cesspool uat. Your fighting a losing battle grid.... Since your only 12 years old, you still have a chance. Go to school, study real hard, and in about 10 years even you could possibly make the perfect pizza at your local pizza inn....

Not crying at all baby grid. It's not coming just from Auburn. There are at least 10-15 schools across the country that KNOW uat is cheating. Believe it or don't believe it. We call it justice that uat finally got punished for something they've been doing for nearly 100 years. Let's see, you brought up our major infractions and said we had 4 from 1980-2004, but fail to mention that uat has had THREE from 1995-2002. Did you really intend to bring this to the table? Judging from everything out there now, there's a good bet that uat will be looking at #4 very soon. Congrats... Hey, maybe this time, the NCAA will just put you out of your misery and shut down your mediocre program. After all, the last sentence with the ncaa had UAT "staring down the barrel of a gun" when asked about the "death Penalty". I assure you that Auburn has NEVER been in danger of losing their program. Congrats again...

Your the ones bitching about facts and pointing fingers , I wasn't. There it is, your #3 on the all time list of cheating. Fact. What happened to T. Bowden never said anything negative about au? What happened to where are your facts? What happened to it's all Bear's fault? Some of you used every one of those excuses. Now what. Seeing how he had passed and you've had 4 major infractions sine his death.

I've offered them and for someone to be saying Bama fans hate facts you guys seem to be raising hell about them.

To say our problems didn't help your situation in anyway is foolish and ignorant.

You were the ones being hypocritical, pointing and laughing when you don't have anything to be laughing at. Not me. You've always been the second place program in the state and you'll always be second place behind Bama, oh except for first in NCAA major infractions list. You'll never be able to change that regardless of what you say so cry on.

WarTiger,10 to 15 schools know Bama is cheating ? Facts? Where? Can you produce them or is this more spin? You keep popping off without any proof or facts and crying about where the facts are. Your really looking pretty pathetic so if you can't produce them then why don't you give that tired BS your trying to push a rest.

If it's something I've learned it's au fans love the BS. That's all any of you have done.

You bithched about cheating, probation. I gave you the ''facts'' you wanted and now you want to spin it.

Same old same old with you people. Like I said hypocites till the end. I find it very entertaining to watch you twist this around at every turn. Pointing and then doing yourself. :rolleyes:

And another thing, My age has nothing to do with it and it wasn't worth debating but you can keep on with your personal attacks and name calling. Not very befitting for a so called moderator. :no:

Tick tock

Six in a row

Never fear

Seven is near

Got 12? :lol:

The funny thing is that's all you have. Beating Bama is your whole world. Just look at your sig tag :lol:

Pathetic. :roflol:

Cool, you think my info is bs? awesome... probably still in denial about the probation of 2002 right baby grid?

Sorry, not revealing my sources for a 12 year old. you'll find out soon enough.... shiver and shake baby grid.. Are you worried?

Next, I don't do research for free. Have your mommy and daddy cousins help you and look it up for yourself. Wait, Since I always try to help out the less fortunate, you may begin your research here:

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15988

Now that link requires a little work on your part, so I hope your up to it. Scroll down to the bottom where the actual article is scanned for your reading pleasure... Then have your mommy and daddy cousins drive you to your local bookstore and pick up this book:

SHUG: The Life and Times of Auburn's ralph "Shug" Jordan written by Rich Donnell

Its long and uses some big words so you might want to have a tutor help you read it. In that book you will find complete detail about what happened in regards to our probation in the late 1950's.

Obviously it bothers you or you wouldn't still be here. Defend your crooked program to the death grid....

uat cheats and turns in other programs to keep the ncaa away from the crapstone.

love the got 12 line too. Need some help with your sentence structure though. First you ask a question, then you say: "that's all you have". Why would you ask a question then answer yourself? Hang in there, you'll learn the proper procedure when you get to the 6th grade. What is that in reference too anyway, arrests under the saban watch or perhaps wins over the last 2 years (oops..forgot you "lucked" up to 13 wins the last two years (my bad), or number of players uat paid in the 2008 class?

Allow me to close with a quote from one of your own ilk on another message board, Ready??

uatfanquotenr3.jpg

That was real weak Mr. Moderator,real weak. Not very good at side stepping.

I can't believe a so called mod would insist on personal attacks,but I guess I should realize where I am.

Mommy and Daddy cousins? Who's 12 years old here? See your doing it again....calling someone something and then doing it yourself. Your really looking immature with these comments WarTiger moderator guy :no:

LOL, shiver and shake. I'm not worried about so called ''facts'' ,or lack of , by an immature moderator.

In reference to me asking about facts or proof of, what you keep insinuating, about cheating now and in your words ''10 to 15 schools know about it'', your response is ''I don't do research for free'' Is that the best you can do? Just ,damn man ,damn. :lol:

Again in your own words where are YOUR facts!

I can't believe a so called mod would insist on personal attacks,but I guess I should realize where I am.

Mommy and Daddy cousins? Who's 12 years old here? See your doing it again....calling someone something and then doing it yourself. Your really looking immature with these comments WarTiger moderator guy :no:

LOL, shiver and shake. I'm not worried about so called ''facts'' ,or lack of , by an immature moderator.

In reference to me asking about facts or proof of, what you keep insinuating, about cheating now and in your words ''10 to 15 schools know about it'', your response is ''I don't do research for free'' Is that the best you can do? Just ,damn man ,damn. :lol:

If you think that was a personal attack you need to get out of your bedroom a little more often. That was merely calling them as I see them, baby grid. don't like it? Good. I'll let you know when I care what you think. Hold your breath and wait....please. And, NO, I don't do research for free.... So much for being done with this "ridiculous discussion", huh? If you aren't worried, that satan and uat are cheating, why are you still here? Obviously something gets to you.

You've always been the second place program in the state and you'll always be second place behind Bama, oh except for first in NCAA major infractions list.

Okay...now I'm really embarassed for you. Your program has been in shambles for years. Our coach is well known for running a clean program, mentoring his players and keeping them in line.

Your coach, however, has an SEC recruiting rule named after him and lets his players rule the roost. You guys were recently "staring down the barrell of a gun" for unprecedented NCAA violations.

Whine all you want, you just make yourself look even more foolish.

Tick tock

Six in a row

Never fear

Seven is near

Got 12? ---our six are real. Your 12 is like a guy bragging about big his tool is

The funny thing is that's all you have. Beating Bama is your whole world. Just look at your sig tag

Pathetic. ---that's more than you can say. you are into real desperation time since it's obvious all that gets you off is stirring the pot on an Auburn board :cheer:

If you think that was a personal attack you need to get out of your bedroom a little more often. That was merely calling them as I see them, baby grid. don't like it? Good. I'll let you know when I care what you think. Hold your breath and wait....please. And, NO, I don't do research for free.... So much for being done with this "ridiculous discussion", huh? If you aren't worried, that satan and uat are cheating, why are you still here? Obviously something gets to you.

Your insults,because you can't produce the facts, don't bother me. They only make you look like a 12 year old you accuse me of being. Why did you ask me for facts and now you say you can't produce your facts for the stupid accusations you push. You can't produce the facts. Why don't you just admit it? Say it. It's easy to tell the truth if you just try. SEE like this, '' I, WarTiger, can not produce the facts of allegations of Alabama cheating now. Eventhough I have lied in past posts about knowing 10 to 15 schools know about the ongoing cheating. I have stated it as fact and I cannot produce said facts although I called someone out on producing facts,I can not produce the ones I have insinuated''.

How embarassing for a moderator.

Well, I guess you can keep calling me names to reflect some of that embarassment from yourself. :no:

You've always been the second place program in the state and you'll always be second place behind Bama, oh except for first in NCAA major infractions list.

Okay...now I'm really embarassed for you. Your program has been in shambles for years. Our coach is well known for running a clean program, mentoring his players and keeping them in line.

Your coach, however, has an SEC recruiting rule named after him and lets his players rule the roost. You guys were recently "staring down the barrell of a gun" for unprecedented NCAA violations.

Whine all you want, you just make yourself look even more foolish.

Don't be embarassed for me. There is no need to. I'm not the one who is making accusations with no proof or ''facts''. I'm not the one who popped off about these subjects and STARTED pointing fingers and laughing at someone else. All I did was point out that you guys shouldn't be throwing rocks living in glass houses.

Next thing was bring the facts. I did, now your mod has a hard on for me because he can't produce what he said. I also never said 1 word about our program not cheating in the past or deserving what we got. You guys did, or don't you comprehend so well? If looking foolish is pointing out the truth right here for you to see and backing it up then I guess I'm guilty.

Tick tock

Six in a row

Never fear

Seven is near

Got 12? ---our six are real. Your 12 is like a guy bragging about big his tool is

The funny thing is that's all you have. Beating Bama is your whole world. Just look at your sig tag

Pathetic. ---that's more than you can say. you are into real desperation time since it's obvious all that gets you off is stirring the pot on an Auburn board :cheer:

Yea the same as bragging about 6 in a row. No different.

No , stirring the pot is not what I want to do, but there is now way to have any kind of sane disscussion here. I'm not going to cry and go away because you don't agree with me and I don't agree with you.

Go back and read. You guys started the pointing and laughing. Am I not allowed to defend the school that I choose on this board? I started out very mild and just like last time you guys started with the insults and name calling. This time from a mod :rolleyes: I played along and then it turned to a,as you put it,''facts contest''. Mr. Mod got his feelings hurt or something because I called him out on his lack of producing the facts. Then he started hurling his attacks and names, yea wartiger ,ask your mommy daddy cousin is an attack. Calling someone a 12 year old kid and then acting like one? Very immature. All I did was point that out to him. I also tried to state that neither school is really better than the other and we both have issues. That didn't fly either. What else do you want?

Is this board here to disscuss college football? Do you allow rival posters? Are they allowed to have their own opinions that don't match all of yours? If the answers are no then why do you allow rivals here?

Is it because you want the good rival that will kiss your a$$es? Bow down and take it with out engaging in discussion or acting like you guys do? Or maybe you just want the kind of poster that crys and goes away when you insult him so your egos can grow?

Before you start with the ''your in our house and you take our crap like it or not'' stuff, let me say this.

I did not start getting crappy first but anyone here would do the same. I would prefer to have friendly discussions. I said that last time. I even said it to you. Do you remember?

You Bash Bama, fine, but as long as I'm here I'll dissagree with what I think is wrong from my prespective. I'll do it respectively as long as I get the same in return. Is that not fair?

I think the hatred you all have for Bama is not going to allow you to engage in friendly discussions. Why that is I don't know but I've been to alot of other rival boards and you guys seem to jump quicker than most. Not just on me but most other rivals that have their own opinion. I'll play nice but damn because I don't agree don't start with insults.

Like I said, I'd prefer respectable discussions even if we don't agree, but don't expect me to take crap because I'm a Bama fan on your board and my opinion isn't the same as yours.

Archived