Why is John David Booty the heisman "front runner"?

BamaGrad03

I've heard more than one talking head say that he would vote JDB for Heisman if it ended today. Based on WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT?

The guy has 345 yards TOTAL for the year. 5 Touchdowns. He's played Nebraska and Idaho. It's been commented that the USC passing offense is "struggling", yet he's a heisman favorite?

I heard one ESPN guy say that JDB and Colt Brennan are the heisman favs right now because their "teams keep winning". And that Arkansas loss against Bama will really "drop" DMac in the heisman voting.

WHAT THE HELL? DMac is far and away the best player in college football. Since when does beating a bunch of patsies make you a heisman front runner?

It's really quite simple. USC is the Media's favorite team right now. As far as I'm concerned JDB wrapped up the heisman trophy as soon as he stepped on the field in the first game. He has been built up for so long now, and the media is so on their knees to USC as they have been for years, that unless he gets injured and misses games, he's gonna win it. I agree McFadden is the best player in all of college football and its not close. Unfortunately Arkansas doesn't get the kind of media attention that USC gets each and every saturday. Watch the pregame shows and see how much coverage USC gets vs. how much coverage (if any) that Arkansas gets. That right there is your reason that JDB will win the heisman trophy. Yes it will be a terrible injustice without question, but unless JDB gets hurt he'll likely win it.

This may be the worst Heisman Trophy bologna I've ever seen.

At least Troy Smith was an essential part of Ohio St's undefeated regular season.

Bush was the best player in America - Vince Young may have been but at least there was no argument against them being 1 and 2.

Matt Leinart was a dominant quarterback of the undefeated USC team.

John David Booty is getting Heisman hype because he's the starting quarterback for USC. Absolutely ridiculous.

I also think the voters are lazy. Just like Fuitak's piece on CFN...how many AP voters can name the starting QBs for the 15th - 25th ranked teams?

The big dude on College Football Live tonight said he's voting Ray Rice for Heisman if voting was due today. Ray freaking Rice. The voters just aren't informed. What's bad, they aren't even going so far as to read box scores any more. Ray Rice has played Buffalo, Navy, and Norfolk St.

It's just sad. Heisman is all about the PR, not about the playing.

I also think the voters are lazy. Just like Fuitak's piece on CFN...how many AP voters can name the starting QBs for the 15th - 25th ranked teams?

The big dude on College Football Live tonight said he's voting Ray Rice for Heisman if voting was due today. Ray freaking Rice. The voters just aren't informed. What's bad, they aren't even going so far as to read box scores any more. Ray Rice has played Buffalo, Navy, and Norfolk St.

Well, its up to them to WANT to be informed. If they really want the info, they could find it. Look what we can pull up during discussions here in a matter of minutes. They just want to blindly follow the media's direction and won't form an opinion of their own, or even do any research to form that opinion.

The heisman has been about the PR for close to 20 years, so its nothing new. It just gets sickening when you see a player like McFadden that is head and shoulders above everybody in the country and because he doesn't play on one of the medias favorite teams, he doesn't even get consideration. Now as far as Ray Rice goes, I've never even heard of him. Have no idea who he is, or where he plays or what position he plays.

Well, its up to them to WANT to be informed. If they really want the info, they could find it. Look what we can pull up during discussions here in a matter of minutes. They just want to blindly follow the media's direction and won't form an opinion of their own, or even do any research to form that opinion.

The heisman has been about the PR for close to 20 years, so its nothing new. It just gets sickening when you see a player like McFadden that is head and shoulders above everybody in the country and because he doesn't play on one of the medias favorite teams, he doesn't even get consideration. Now as far as Ray Rice goes, I've never even heard of him. Have no idea who he is, or where he plays or what position he plays.

Ray Rice, running back, plays for Rutgers - the media's favorite Big East cinderella.

He's pretty good. No where near McFadden's abilities but he's good.

Since when does beating a bunch of patsies make you a heisman front runner?

Don't know. But losing to one sure hurts. And McFadden is paying the price for that this week.

You are so right Carl. Me thinks BG is a little miffed that J. P. Wilson is not the front runner.

Since when does beating a bunch of patsies make you a heisman front runner?

Don't know. But losing to one sure hurts. And McFadden is paying the price for that this week.

You are so right Carl. Me thinks BG is a little miffed that J. P. Wilson is not the front runner.

One would only "thinks" that if they were not capable of reading.

ESPN is just catering to their two largest markets, LA and NYC. It's all about ratings and dollars to these guys. Boycott ESPN and watch Fox's coverage of NCAA Football. They have better alternatives to Gameday and the CFB Final Show.

Is it true Dmac went out with what turned out to be a mild concussion in the bama game?

That kinda injury can end a heisman run. Missing games during your heisman season is bad.

Still, Mcfadden is a nutty freakish kind of player. If he doesn't get the heisman it won't matter, he will still likely be #1 or #2 draft pick depending on the needs of the teams with em.

His NFL career might be fantastic.

Archived