******** just said something I have to applaud

sntemp

I still don't see the number BG. If it's that easy to get, then why haven't you got it?

1) I don't work for a phone company anymore

2) I don't have to post a number to prove a point

Can you get me a toe with nail polish?

There are ways dude...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't see the number BG. If it's that easy to get, then why haven't you got it?

But BG, according to you " I can get his phone number right now.". That is a direct quote. Where is it? Is your story starting to change?

I would not be suprised at all if it was indeed a member of the BOT that called Major. They are such clowns. The BOT is what is, and has been wrong at the University for the last 15-20 years. The inmates are running the asylum. I guess they haven't figured out that is the type of mentality that Nick Saban will and should destroy....... :no:

But BG, according to you " I can get his phone number right now.". That is a direct quote. Where is it? Is your story starting to change?

Sigh. Whatever. Ok ok ok.

Any of the TENS OF THOUSANDS of people who work for a phone company can get his phone number. It is rather EASILY attained.

Whether I can get the number or any of those THOUSANDS of people...the point remains...it didn't HAVE to be a booster who called him. Especially not based on the premise that the ONLY people who could get his phone number are boosters.

Also, if you've heard of Google, and have a couple of bucks...the number can be easily attained.

There...is that better? Or do you want to nitpick semantics more?

Any of the TENS OF THOUSANDS of people who work for a phone company can get his phone number. It is rather EASILY attained.

Whether I can get the number or any of those THOUSANDS of people...the point remains...it didn't HAVE to be a booster who called him. Especially not based on the premise that the ONLY people who could get his phone number are boosters.

Also, if you've heard of Google, and have a couple of bucks...the number can be easily attained.

I don't see a number. Maybe this number is more easily obtained at 2AM on Sunday than at Noon on Tuesday?

Please PM me the number when you get it. I too would like to start calling Major Applewhite at 2AM on Sundays to interrogate him about the previous day's activities.

Since he obviously answers calls from random numbers at such hours, I have no doubts that he will answer mine, as he will not be able to distinguish me from anyone in his entire fanbase, and he obviously loves them all enough to answer their calls at 2AM.

I don't see a number. Maybe this number is more easily obtained at 2AM on Sunday than at Noon on Tuesday?

Please PM me the number when you get it. I too would like to start calling Major Applewhite at 2AM on Sundays to interrogate him about the previous day's activities.

Since he obviously answers calls from random numbers at such hours, I have no doubts that he will answer mine, as he will not be able to distinguish me from anyone in his entire fanbase, and he obviously loves them all enough to answer their calls at 2AM.

CircleDrill gets it.

You said you could get his number. I said 'Prove it.' I haven't seen a number.

You're right, it didn't HAVE to be a booster who called him. The fact that he answered (assuming he has caller id) shows me it was someone he knows.

You said you could get his number. I said 'Prove it.' I haven't seen a number.

Ok, I CAN get his number. You people who are being a dicks about it just because I won't post his number are freaking beyond childish. You said 'prove it' and I did. I proved it is possible to get the number via google or employment by the phone company. Unless you are saying that's not correct. Is that what you are saying?

I could make a phone call right now and get his number. But I'm not retarded. I'm not going to post his number here. AND YOU KNOW THAT.

Beyond that, my point was made and still stands. The original premise was that it HAD to be a booster because it's IMPOSSIBLE to get an unlisted number. And that is simply wrong.

Again, if you know how to use google, you can get the number. You don't even have to work for the phone company. I'll help you people out since you are obviously slow...google "unlisted phone numbers" and see what comes up.

You don't "win" or "prove me wrong" just because I won't post a dude's phone number on the internet.

I swear you people need to learn how to treat others with respect. It's pretty sad when you value someone based on their team affiliation. Had an Auburn fan made the same argument I made...it would have been "oh yeah, that's true...I do have internet access and know how to use google".

But since I'm an Alabama fan, you are essentially calling me a liar just because I wont post a dude's phone number on the internet.

For the people here who aren't a**holes just because I'm an Alabama fan, I apologize. For the rest of you, bite me.

So if you got a call at 2am, you'd only answer it if it was a number you recognized?

Yes.

I hope you don't ever have any children who get in accidents and need you at 2am.

My children, friends, family, etc. would all show up as known numbers on Caller ID.

Beyond that, my point was made and still stands. The original premise was that it HAD to be a booster because it's IMPOSSIBLE to get an unlisted number. And that is simply wrong.

You are 100% correct that it is possible to get his number. What you are failing to see is that communication is a 2-way process. You can get his number and place the call, but he has to ANSWER it at home.

The point you are missing is that he ANSWERED the call because it was someone he KNEW and NOT a random fan. It was someone of importance calling at 2AM or he would not have answered it. This means it was either family, friend, co-worker, board member or boss or something like that.

Wow, that skin has gotten thin in your old age.

"Bite me"? If anyone here is coming across as a dick it is you, my frien.

Looking at the big picture here, SOMEONE called your OC after the game and bitched about the play-calling. Whether it was some drunk fan or a drunk BOT member is up for debate. The fact that Major answered the phone is what makes me and others believe it was someone of some importance and not your run-of-the-mill bammer.

Fact is, we wouldn't even be discussing this if Saban hadn't mentioned it in his press conference, which also leads me to believe he was trying to get a message across to someone higher than he is. That's my opinion.

Fact is, we wouldn't even be discussing this if Saban hadn't mentioned it in his press conference, which also leads me to believe he was trying to get a message across to someone higher than he is. That's my opinion.

There's somebody higher than Saban? I thought he had to pray to reach the only one higher than him.

Remind me again why it matters whether it was a booster or just some random bammer hick?

...the only one higher than him.

I think this notion is still up for debate in Sabear's mind.

That is what I am thinking. We don't have a clue about WHAT ELSE has ALREADY transpired between Saban and BOT's or other big money boosters.

For grins and giggles, lets say somebody has said something to Saban/staff to insert control/influence on the team/program or Saban is 'feeling' pressure from somebody somewhere. As the 'CEO/Head Coach', what do expect Saban to say? He isn't going to come out and say, "Hey, look all you **** heads, you can't say jack to me or advise me how to do anything. I'm the one making 4 mil a year to coach this team not you" He has basically, already said that to the media, but he is clever enough not to bite at the hands that signs his paycheck. In his high name of piety and self-rightousness, he is going to do exactly what you have already witnessed. He will/has circled the wagons. He is going to act the role of a leader, and defend his staff from criticism from whoever, media/boosters. He is going to defend his players, saying he will handle punishment internally; as not endure the wrath of opinions from the media and boosters. Then he will turn on the students and alumni, saying they are not 'classy' enough (coming from a man who was at LSU :no: ) and try and disassociate himself and his program from the rank and file, so as to not have to endure their criticisms. For the fans are meanless to him anyway, he only serves the BOT's and boosters who pay his check. If you can't see through the smuck comment, "This is a great win for this state", for what it was, a thought out 'bone' to throw to the mindless mob of UATers across the state.

He is smart alright.

My children, friends, family, etc. would all show up as known numbers on Caller ID.

Not if it was a friend calling on their behalf, or the police.

Again, the point is anyone can call me, but I'm not going to answer just any call. As a teacher for 10 years, at the high school and college level, I can tell you that when you are a public figure, you learn how to screen calls and you don't answer unknowns and you don't answer at inopportune times. Just because somebody's momma is mad at dinner time does not mean I am going to answer the phone and let her chew me out instead of sitting down with my wife. She can chew out my voicemail because her daughter didn't make majorette.

SupperClub is exactly right. The reason Saban said that was to let the GOB network know, he was in charge and if they don't like it, he's going to take his no-buyout $40 million and walk. He drew the line in the sand, and now the power-struggle and subsequent collapse will begin.

You guys give BG a break...he's too busy eating invisible houndstooth hats to screw with getting you a bleeping phone number...

Hey BG, I bet you give me 24 hours I could pull together more information on you than you could believe and I do not know your name nor have I ever met you. What makes it so unbelievable?

Hey BG, I bet you give me 24 hours I could pull together more information on you than you could believe and I do not know your name nor have I ever met you. What makes it so unbelievable?

It's not unbelieveable. That's what I'm saying. Getting information on people isn't that hard at all.

It's not unbelieveable. That's what I'm saying. Getting information on people isn't that hard at all.

Get all the information on someone that you want. It won't make them answer the phone at 2AM, though.

Honestly CD, if my phone rang at 2AM, I'd likely answer it even if I didn't know the number. I'd be too afraid it's someone I know calling because they are stranded or are at the hospital or something. When my stepfather died my mom called me late at night after we'd been in bed for a while and it was from the hospital or a pay phone or something.

That said, I still would be willing to bet it was some fanatical booster rather than a random bammer redneck. But then, I can't figure out why it matters one way or the other.

Really the question here is who does he answer too, and if it really is Saban why is it the SSDD in Tuscaloosa with the boosters?

Actually there are a few intriguing elements to this story:

1) Why did Applewhite answer the phone at 2AM?

2) Why did so many player arrests/media stories in such a short time get not even one mention of "class" from Saban publicly, yet a middle of the night call to an assistant coach did?

3) Why did Saban take the opportunity to address the phone call publicly, in an offhand comment while talking about fans throwing objects on the field?

All three of these questions are documented and related. Without even answering one question, you can see that something suspect is going on. When you try to answer all three questions without providing an answer that contradicts the answers to the other two questions, the only logical answers are that 1) this was someone inside the organization that called Applewhite, 2) because Saban perceives this call as a challenge to him, and 3) because he perceives it as a challenge, this is his way of letting the Good-Ole-Boys know the fight has started.

The only other explanation is that Saban has emotional problems and lets his mouth run off without thinking, a la the "I will not be the coach at Alabama" statement because he was mad, and various other things. Put that with the extreme lack of confidence he showed at Miami (scared to throw the challenge flag, etc.) and Maybe Applewhite thought it was Saban's therapist calling at 2AM with bad news.

Archived