lsu football 101

bellefay1

Wow... I didn't watch the game, but I'd be pissed if I were S. Carolina. The spearing was obvious, and dangerous.

The spearing "no call" was bad....thats a true freshmen making a freshmen mistake.

the rest of the stuff happens in every game. (PF face masks, block in the backs etc.) and all were called, so I don't see his grief. His claim of a pass interference was very weak. And while the PF face mask on the QB where his helmet came flying off, its not intentional. The QB made a move, ducked his head down and Favorite just grabed whatever his hand touched and pulled down. You can't tell me in that split second you could let go. The player already commented on how it was a good call by the refs, but in the heat of the moment you don't realize what your actually grabbing.

The whole moving of the ball is a little bogus, it seems all they did was level the ball out...but i don't know for sure.

Wow... I didn't watch the game, but I'd be pissed if I were S. Carolina. The spearing was obvious, and dangerous.

The spearing "no call" was bad....thats a true freshmen making a freshmen mistake.

the rest of the stuff happens in every game. (PF face masks, block in the backs etc.) and all were called, so I don't see his grief. His claim of a pass interference was very weak. And while the PF face mask on the QB where his helmet came flying off, its not intentional. The QB made a move, ducked his head down and Favorite just grabed whatever his hand touched and pulled down. You can't tell me in that split second you could let go. The player already commented on how it was a good call by the refs, but in the heat of the moment you don't realize what your actually grabbing.

The whole moving of the ball is a little bogus, it seems all they did was level the ball out...but i don't know for sure.

Sorry, geauxscott, i have to disagree about the face mask calls. They need a third level of facemask penalty beyond a personal foul for infractions like that. Those two young men were lucky they weren't taken off the field on a stretcher after being slung around by the face mask like that. Defensive football players are told from the first day of peewee football that the face mask is off limits. By the time you make it to D1 college level, it should be second nature. I can understand the handgoes across the facemask and the head turns and you let go. But to make no effort to turn loose and turn the guys head nearly completely around (and in one instance rip the helmet off), well, those guys at least should have been ejected from the game. I'm not saying it because it happened to a rival school. If an AU player did it, I would say the same thing. These guys risk enough injury as it is without some maniac trying to rip their heads off. IMO, these penalties were anything but incidental.

This reminds me that USC fans are the biggest bunch of whiners and complainers there are, and also why theyll never be great at football.

As far as the facemask goes, the penalties were called. USC got an advantage from that. Why are they complaining? The late hit was an obvious missed call. The moving of the ball seems weird to me. The exact same thing happened to me in a high school football game in a place notorious for bad officials. I thought it was bull crap both times. I mean the ball naturally sits level - there is no need to move it once it's marked.

Sorry, geauxscott, i have to disagree about the face mask calls. They need a third level of facemask penalty beyond a personal foul for infractions like that. Those two young men were lucky they weren't taken off the field on a stretcher after being slung around by the face mask like that. Defensive football players are told from the first day of peewee football that the face mask is off limits. By the time you make it to D1 college level, it should be second nature. I can understand the handgoes across the facemask and the head turns and you let go. But to make no effort to turn loose and turn the guys head nearly completely around (and in one instance rip the helmet off), well, those guys at least should have been ejected from the game. I'm not saying it because it happened to a rival school. If an AU player did it, I would say the same thing. These guys risk enough injury as it is without some maniac trying to rip their heads off. IMO, these penalties were anything but incidental.

I can agree with that..... my point was mainly that its something that happens quite often. A defensive guy grabs the wrong thing and holds on a little to long and things get dangerous. The point I'm trying to make is its just poor fundementals on that tackle, its not "playing dirty" as the creator of this video suggest. The only "dirty" play in that bunch was really the spearing.......thats unacceptable!

Yeah a lot of that does happen. But that spearing was a disgusting act. That shows the absolute lack of class in some of those LSU players. I understand players get worked up, but that was a very dangerous, cheap, shot.

Archived