AAFL commercial for B'ham team

The Prowler

I heard a commercial promoting the AAFL Team from Birmingham. The spokesperson was none other than Jay Barker while he was talking about how great it's going to be for everyone in the state of Alabama to see the people that they once cheered for again with the Birmingham team, a certain song was playing in the background....anyone want to take a guess as to what the song was?... ...

It was... ... "Nah, nah, naaah, nah, nah....Hey Auburn, we just beat the Hell out of you, Ramma Jamma yella hamma, give 'em Hell alerbama!"

I'm not lying, that was the background song, and it sounded like it was being sung by 12 year olds.

The first thought that went through my head was, Trash.

l_618254475f49d514316417a1a8e55106.jpg

Guess I'm not going to see the bammers that couldn't hack it in the NFL, play in the New football league.

War "BY GOD" Eagle!

yes it's no secret that this will in reality be a uat reject team. No Auburn players will be on it that we know of.

These con artist will try and squeeze the very last dollar from the bammer idolater(cause they know they can) and after a year or two of screwing Birmingham they will fold up like a cheap tent and slither out of town.

I've actually tuned in a few times over the past week just to hear what he and the callers were saying about Bama's losses vs Auburn's wins. I heard that commercial and thought my ears were making it up.

As for the show, I can't believe it's legal to say the things he's been saying. How blasphemous can one be before it's considered defamation? I was seriously appalled.

....anyone want to take a guess as to what the song was?... ...

It was... ... "Nah, nah, naaah, nah, nah....Hey Auburn, we just beat the Hell out of you, Ramma Jamma yella hamma, give 'em Hell alerbama!"

I'm not lying, that was the background song, and it sounded like it was being sung by 12 year olds.

Well, if it was 12-yr-olds from the last time they sang that song, they'd have to be 17 by now so I'm guessing their voices have changed... :big:

I heard a commercial promoting the AAFL Team from Birmingham. The spokesperson was none other than Jay Barker while he was talking about how great it's going to be for everyone in the state of Alabama to see the people that they once cheered for again with the Birmingham team, a certain song was playing in the background....anyone want to take a guess as to what the song was?... ...

The first thought that went through my head was, Trash.

l_618254475f49d514316417a1a8e55106.jpg

Guess I'm not going to see the bammers that couldn't hack it in the NFL, play in the New football league.

War "BY GOD" Eagle!

I think Jay Barker is the perfect talking head for a league that is going to fail! Quietfan nice hustle

And just think about this......This is the station that's broadcasting the Auburn Games, please tell me that we didn't sign a multi-year contract to be on this station....

I just think it's ridiculous that the Auburn Games are on a station that Bashes Auburn 6 1/2 days of the week, then let's Auburn broadcast their game the other half. I push for Auburn to start up their own station that will rival the Finescum show/The round table/1st and 10/that old guy at 7:30pm. Maybe have the people Bash bama for a change and actually speak about Troy, they could also have Gene Stallings call in once a week, so the DJs could make fun of him along with most of the other callers. They could have people calling in pretending to be bammer fans so that it looks like it's not a Bias station. Just my .02

This a harsh enough response in email:

Is this league like "The Producers"? Do you only make money if it fails spectacularly? I can't think of any other legitimate reason you would take the marketing approach you have.

The commercials you are airing for this league are an affront to a major segment of your potential audience. Whether you realize it or not, a significant portion of the population of this state does NOT support the University of Alabama. Many of those fans might have given this team a chance, but the asinine commercial with Jay Barker talking over the classless Rammer Jammer cheer will CERTAINLY alienate the majority of those. The fact that the rammer jammer cheer directly references beating Auburn -- something that hasn't happened in a while -- adds further insult.

If you were trying to guarantee the failure of this team you couldn't have done any better than you did with this abomination of a commercial.

Despite being an Auburn fan, I planned to attend a game just to see what the league is all about. You can bet every dollar you've invested in this operation that I will NEVER attend a game, I will NOT watch a single down of any of the games, I will NOT purchase the first piece of gear, I will boycott every sponsor -- and let them know my specific reasoning for doing so -- and I will ACTIVELY encourage every person I know to ignore this team and this league.

You might have had some potential here, but you've blown it with me. I assure you, I'm not alone in these sentiments. Congratulations. Your marketing people are idiots.

This a harsh enough response in email:

Is this league like "The Producers"? Do you only make money if it fails spectacularly? I can't think of any other legitimate reason you would take the marketing approach you have.

The commercials you are airing for this league are an affront to a major segment of your potential audience. Whether you realize it or not, a significant portion of the population of this state does NOT support the University of Alabama. Many of those fans might have given this team a chance, but the asinine commercial with Jay Barker talking over the classless Rammer Jammer cheer will CERTAINLY alienate the majority of those. The fact that the rammer jammer cheer directly references beating Auburn -- something that hasn't happened in a while -- adds further insult.

If you were trying to guarantee the failure of this team you couldn't have done any better than you did with this abomination of a commercial.

Despite being an Auburn fan, I planned to attend a game just to see what the league is all about. You can bet every dollar you've invested in this operation that I will NEVER attend a game, I will NOT watch a single down of any of the games, I will NOT purchase the first piece of gear, I will boycott every sponsor -- and let them know my specific reasoning for doing so -- and I will ACTIVELY encourage every person I know to ignore this team and this league.

You might have had some potential here, but you've blown it with me. I assure you, I'm not alone in these sentiments. Congratulations. Your marketing people are idiots.

beautiful, I hope this "league" fails in glorious fashion. It has nothing to offer.

I'm sure their response will be they don't care as they have enough mullets, I mean fans, to support

them.

And just think about this......This is the station that's broadcasting the Auburn Games, please tell me that we didn't sign a multi-year contract to be on this station....

I just think it's ridiculous that the Auburn Games are on a station that Bashes Auburn 6 1/2 days of the week, then let's Auburn broadcast their game the other half. I push for Auburn to start up their own station that will rival the Finescum show/The round table/1st and 10/that old guy at 7:30pm. Maybe have the people Bash bama for a change and actually speak about Troy, they could also have Gene Stallings call in once a week, so the DJs could make fun of him along with most of the other callers. They could have people calling in pretending to be bammer fans so that it looks like it's not a Bias station. Just my .02

Galen, I love your posts when they are written like this. Nobody says it better! :thumbsup:

Galen, I love your posts when they are written like this. Nobody says it better! :thumbsup:

:wub:

Don't worry guys. Our new Mayor in Birmingham is going to do whatever it takes to solve all the city's problems and bring in the glorious domed stadium. They won't need the AAFL because folks will be lining up to have their events at the glorious domed stadium and conference center in beautiful downtown Birmingham!

:roflol:

Don't worry guys. Our new Mayor in Birmingham is going to do whatever it takes to solve all the city's problems and bring in the glorious domed stadium. They won't need the AAFL because folks will be lining up to have their events at the glorious domed stadium and conference center in beautiful downtown Birmingham!

:roflol:

This guy gets it.

Oh, and don't forget the education. Scholarships for everyone!

Galen, I love you ;)

Archived