Giuliani - I like this guy!

jw 4 au

From a Slate Article on Gulianni's debating tactics:

"Debates are artificial and phony, yet Giuliani has used them well because his stage performance reinforces his strengths. He comes off as a guy in control, bursting with snappy competence. Rudy wants you to know that he has read the brief, knows the facts, and could organize an orderly evacuation of the building if someone yelled "fire." When voters see him in command on stage, it's probable that they are reminded of his calm public face after the 9/11 attacks. The strong performances also help Giuliani's argument that he can beat Hillary Clinton. She's a polished and effective debater, too. He's showing he can match her."

And my favorite part:

"In the debate Tuesday, he [Giuliani] turned an attack from Mitt Romney on his opposition to the line-item veto into an attack on Romney's honesty, an attack on the Clintons, and a chance to boast about his strict constructionist approach to the Constitution. In the cramped, sound-bite-only debate context, the only way he could have achieved more is if he'd done all of this while making an omelet."

I 9/11 think 9/11 Rudy 9/11 would be 9/11 a poor 9/11 choice for 9/11 the republicans 9/11.

I'll vote for Edwards in the primary, and whatever democrat in the election unless Ron Paul gets the republican nomination.

Archived