More casualties of war

Bottomfeeder

So all of you flag-waving pseudo-republican fascist want to discount this fact?

ttp://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22762457-5005961,00.html

That's all veterans, you ninny. Guys who served in World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, GWI, Somalia, Afghanistan, GWII, and those stretches of "peace" in between. Good Lord, I wish you would actually read a more in-depth article on the subject. And I certainly wish the newspapers were a little less lazy in clarifying matters.

By the way, what's that gross shot on your posting?

Looks like a beef brisket. Nice smoke ring, too.

First off suicide is tragic for the families involved. Absolutely tragic. It is also reprehensible for anyone to want to and try to make suicide a political talking point. And it does not surprise me in the least that our resident troll is the one trying to make this point.

Unless I am mistaken the medical profession has a much higher suicide rate than what is stated in this article or the CBS expose.

If anyone is interested here is a piece by a physician about this article and the CBS piece as well.

Good reading and just full of unbiased statistics.

As Otter said.

That's all veterans, you ninny. Guys who served in World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, GWI, Somalia, Afghanistan, GWII, and those stretches of "peace" in between. Good Lord, I wish you would actually read a more in-depth article on the subject. And I certainly wish the newspapers were a little less lazy in clarifying matters.

The reason this is important is that if the “veteran” spent three years in Germany in 1958, it may not prove anything about veterans who served in combat.

The second reason is that “veterans” include many elderly who served in World War II and Korea…and the rate of suicide in men over the age of 70 jumps to 30.

By the way, Bottomfeeder, here's some similar numbers for law enforcement officers:

The suicide rate per 100,000 people for:

Law enforcement officers: 18

People ages 25-50: 14.6

Total U.S. population: 11.1

Source: Centers for Disease and Prevention, USA TODAY research

Using your strange logic, I guess we need to put a halt to law enforcement, too.

Looks like a beef brisket. Nice smoke ring, too.

I smoked my first beef brisket about a month ago and a whole packer this past weekend.. That was the best beef I have ever tasted next to tenderloin. This pic is of a smoked Sirloin Tip Roast from September, came out perfect.

Beef is what's for dinner for sure.

Brisket, my first flat

11-03-2007smoke017.jpg

I'd not be surprised to find that a great deal of troubled vets are pushed over the edge by comments made by our Lib Senators and Congressmen/women on how this war is lost, how our military acts like the Khmer Rouge, or NAZIs, at how this is a pointless war, even after they voted for the damn thing in the 1st place..... It's the anti-American tone from the extreme far Left , the moveon dot org types who are fanning the flames of discontent toward our troops that gives so many of our Vets unnecessary angst and mental anguish.

I'd not be surprised to find that a great deal of troubled vets are pushed over the edge by comments made by our Lib Senators and Congressmen/women on how this war is lost, how our military acts like the Khmer Rouge, or NAZIs, at how this is a pointless war, even after they voted for the damn thing in the 1st place..... It's the anti-American tone from the extreme far Left , the moveon dot org types who are fanning the flames of discontent toward our troops that gives so many of our Vets unnecessary angst and mental anguish.

You forgot to blame the media, too.

:roflol:

Archived