• Darren McFadden
    • Dennis Dixon
    • Tim Tebow
    • Matt Ryan
    • Colt Brennan
    • Pat White
    • Matt Forte
    • Kevin Smith

Not really close in my opinion....Tim Tebow.

McFadden just made his case with likely most voters watching. Ran for over 200, played QB when the game was on the line, 3 rushing, 1 passing TD, beat the #1 team in the country.

But, and to me this is important - Tebow is a sophomore and has another year to try for Heisman. McFadden is leaving Arkansas after this year. He has said so publicly. Even if that was not true, I'd vote for McFadden. Sorry, Tebow does not give me chills. I just don't think he's as good as a lot of people say. McFadden is.

I voted for McFadden but I would have voted for Dennis Dixon had he not gotten hurt. So McFadden gets my vote.

But, and to me this is important - Tebow is a sophomore and has another year to try for Heisman. McFadden is leaving Arkansas after this year. He has said so publicly. Even if that was not true, I'd vote for McFadden. Sorry, Tebow does not give me chills. I just don't think he's as good as a lot of people say. McFadden is.

Mcfadden is head and shoulders the best player in the country. IMO. Tebow isn't even close. Tebag is a one man team (with harvin getting the ball a little) and MCfadden has put up his numbers while splitting carries with Jones his entire career.

I think Tebow is an amazing, one-of-a-kind football player, but, I gotta go with D-Mac here. 200 yards against LSU, that is phenomenal.

Can you guys believe we held him to 43? Even more amazing. That guy is going to have a hell of a career in the NFL.

If it's not important to you, why'd you even mention it? I don't think what year a player is should have any impact on the Heisman votes. It's absolutely retarded.

And it's also retarded that a player who has made history this season doesn't give you chills. I agree McFadden is probably the better player, but he doesn't have both 20 passing tds and 20 rushing tds.

Mcfadden is head and shoulders the best player in the country. IMO. Tebow isn't even close. Tebag is a one man team (with harvin getting the ball a little) and MCfadden has put up his numbers while splitting carries with Jones his entire career.

So you're criticizing Tebow because he's a one man team? A one man team that may likely get a BCS bid if Georgia or LSU lose again? A one man team that is only a few seconds away from having only 1 loss?

How good would Florida be this season without Tebow? I don't think you've thought this "MVP Award Candidate" thing through enough.

If it's not important to you, why'd you even mention it? I don't think what year a player is should have any impact on the Heisman votes. It's absolutely retarded.

And it's also retarded that a player who has made history this season doesn't give you chills. I agree McFadden is probably the better player, but he doesn't have both 20 passing tds and 20 rushing tds.

So you're criticizing Tebow because he's a one man team? A one man team that may likely get a BCS bid if Georgia or LSU lose again? A one man team that is only a few seconds away from having only 1 loss?

How good would Florida be this season without Tebow? I don't think you've thought this "MVP Award Candidate" thing through enough.

WITH tebow they've lost 3 games... The only reason he's got the #'s he's got is because UF has nobody else that can run the ball. He has nearly twice the rushing attempts of their 2nd leading ball carrier. I would expect big numbers from someone that touched the ball 470 times. After tomorrows game with FSU, tebow will easily be over 500 touches (pass attempts/rushes). McFadden, meanwhile, had 272 carries coming in to todays game, and we add 32 to that, so we have 302 carries and 1519 (net yards) + 205 today = 1724 yards, while his teammate in the backfield is also over 1,000 yards rushing and over 100 carries, coming in to today. That's OVER 200 more touches than McFadden. You are right, I haven't thought about the "mvp award" as you call it at all. That's not what the heisman is awarded for. It's awarded for the BEST PLAYER IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL, and that is, without a doubt, Darren McFadden. It's not even close.

WITH tebow they've lost 3 games... The only reason he's got the #'s he's got is because UF has nobody else that can run the ball. He has nearly twice the rushing attempts of their 2nd leading ball carrier. I would expect big numbers from someone that touched the ball 470 times. After tomorrows game with FSU, tebow will easily be over 500 touches (pass attempts/rushes). McFadden, meanwhile, had 272 carries coming in to todays game, and we add 32 to that, so we have 302 carries and 1519 (net yards) + 205 today = 1724 yards, while his teammate in the backfield is also over 1,000 yards rushing and over 100 carries, coming in to today. That's OVER 200 more touches than McFadden. You are right, I haven't thought about the "mvp award" as you call it at all. That's not what the heisman is awarded for. It's awarded for the BEST PLAYER IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL, and that is, without a doubt, Darren McFadden. It's not even close.

Right and Arkansas's lost FOUR. And couldn't you also say that the only reason why McFadden is putting up such gawdy numbers is because Arkansas doesn't have a passing game?

Tebow, meanwhile on that team that only has Tebow as a player, has completed almost 70% of his passes. 2860 passing yards with 26 TDs and 6 ints. He's got 741 yards rushing with 20 tds.

3601 total yards, 46 tds.

Sorry, bud. When you're looking at it statistically, it's very close. I understand that McFadden is an amazing player and definitely one of the best RBs of all time. I don't deny that. However, the Maxwell Award is for the best player based on talent. The Heisman is supposed to be the MVP award. The most valuable player. Who's the #1 player that every head coach would pick first? It'd be a close race, but I have to go with the guy who is second in the nation is passing efficiency and also has 20 rushing tds.

I'm really confused at how Tebow being responsible for his entire team's offense is a knock against him being the most valuable player.

Right and Arkansas's lost FOUR. And couldn't you also say that the only reason why McFadden is putting up such gawdy numbers is because Arkansas doesn't have a passing game?

Tebow, meanwhile on that team that only has Tebow as a player, has completed almost 70% of his passes. 2860 passing yards with 26 TDs and 6 ints. He's got 741 yards rushing with 20 tds.

Sorry, bud. When you're looking at it statistically, it's very close. I understand that McFadden is an amazing player and definitely one of the best RBs of all time. I don't deny that. However, the Maxwell Award is for the best player based on talent. The Heisman is supposed to be the MVP award. The most valuable player. Who's the #1 player that every head coach would pick first? It'd be a close race, but I have to go with the guy who is second in the nation is passing efficiency and also has 20 rushing tds.

I'm really confused at how Tebow being responsible for his entire team's offense is a knock against him being the most valuable player.

McFadden has 4 passing TDs, so they have some passing game. B)

That said, being on a team that everyone knows what you're going to do is not a plus. He's averaged close to 6YPC even though folks can stack the box.

Tebow's a talent. McFadden's my Heisman pick.

Tebow. Hands down. Against our defense McFadden disappeared. Not very Heisman-like to me. Against us Tebow was still able to produce on the field. First player to record 20/20 TDs. You can't possibly deny that kind of achievement. In all the years football have been played this is the first time it has ever been done. Give props where props' due.

Tebow gets my vote.

Dont get so caught up in the stats. The award goes to the best player. To me DMac is without a doubt the best player in the country. I mean the "experts" are holding it against DMac because he didnt have 100 yard games in 2 games, one of which came against us, and I think we are one of the best Rush defenses in the country if not the best. Even if DMac doesnt get it, he will have the last laugh. He will be playing and making a lot more money in the NFL than Tebow ever thought about.

I think the rushing tds are deceiving for Tebow. He is essentially a fullback and gets the carries on the goalline. It reminds me of Brandon Jacobs a year or 2 ago in fantasy football always getting the tds without doing the work (rushing wise) to get there.

Sorry, but you are totally WRONG.... The heisman has nothing to do with being the MVP. NOTHING. A little research will do you a world of good.

The Heisman Memorial Trophy Award (often known simply as the Heisman Trophy or The Heisman), named after former college football player and coach John Heisman, is awarded annually to the most outstanding collegiate football player in the U.S. Although not the only award honoring the best player in college football, it is considered the most prestigious individual player honor in American college football. It is awarded in December before the postseason bowl games.

This says absolutely NOTHING about being an MVP of anything.

After todays game he will have combined passing and rushing well OVER 500 touches on the season. What kind of yardage and TD's would mcfadden have with over 500 touches or even just half of those that went to Jones instead of mcfadden. If florida had any kind of running game do you think he would still have the kind of numbers he has? No. Is tebow a good player, sure. Heisman material, absolutely not.

My vote is Reesing. That kid is good...as you guys will see tonight. I think Kansas wins tonight, wins the Big 12, and then wins the MNC...I think they are that good...

I have been wrong before though....

Sorry, but you are totally WRONG.... The heisman has nothing to do with being the MVP. NOTHING. A little research will do you a world of good.

The Heisman Memorial Trophy Award (often known simply as the Heisman Trophy or The Heisman), named after former college football player and coach John Heisman, is awarded annually to the most outstanding collegiate football player in the U.S. Although not the only award honoring the best player in college football, it is considered the most prestigious individual player honor in American college football. It is awarded in December before the postseason bowl games.

This says absolutely NOTHING about being an MVP of anything.

One of the few times I agree with Tiger. The Heisman is for the BEST "overall" college football player. It has nothing to do with an MVP...

To me, the choice is Tebow. He has been the most outstanding player in college football this year. D-Mac is a very good player, and one of the best RBs in the SEC in a long time, but Tebow has done things no one has ever done. 26 passing TDs and 20 rushing TDs. 68% completion ratio. Only six interceptions. Are you kidding?

It sucks that the two best options are both from the South. Heisman voting is often very regional, and I am worried Tebow and Heisman are going to split votes and the winner will be an inferior player (like the QBs from Kansas or Missouri).

Good discussion. Tebow or DMac for Heisman, both are outstanding players, and if I was recruiting a team I'd want them both. Could you imagine? WOW

I think Darren McFadden should win. But unfortunately it appears much of the media types who actually vote on the Heisman have a man crush on Tim Tebow.

My vote is Reesing Daniel. That kid is good...as you guys will see tonight. I think Kansas Missouri wins tonight, wins the Big 12, and then wins the MNC...I think they are that good...

I have been wrong before though....

See...I told you guys!!!

The award goes to "the most oustanding football player in America" which means one person - D Mac. He is the best player in the country and their is no argument to that.

Pat White is fun to watch and Tebow will have his chance, but neither is as good a football player as D Mac. These are the only three that should even be in the discussion.

Archived